Sam and Max wiki

edited November 2008 in Sam & Max
Like many great things I figured Sam and Max had their own wiki. Well I checked and as it turned out, it did. Unfortunately, it turned out to be an apparently deserted Wikia wiki with only around 10 articles. I bookmarked it anyway hoping it would expand, but it didn't so finally I decided to take matter into my own hands.

I've already made stubs about each telltale episodes not covered as well as both of the titular characters, but obviously a single editor can't build a whole wiki so I figured I'd spread the word here and hope to recruit more fans.

The Wiki can be found Here. It's not much (It doesn't even seem to have any active admins), but if there is enough interest, I'm sure it can grow to good size.

Comments

• edited September 2008
    I'd really like to help out, but I have some personal issues I need to focus on at the moment, so I can't devote much attention to it. I'll see if I can add anything, I feel that a Sam & Max wiki would be quite fun.
  • edited September 2008
    I never worked on a wiki before, but I will try my best to help. I'm not sure where to start... ^^; (My username is "Traveler of Game Worlds".)
  • edited September 2008
    That's just great! It's good to see the wiki slowly, but surely, take shape and fill up with new data.

I haven't been very active for the past two days since I posted this thread due to work and generally not feeling very fresh, but I'm gonna be more proactive throughout next week, so see you there :D.
  • edited October 2008
    That site just gave me a pop up "Anti Virus" thing, don't go there!! It could be dangerous.
  • edited October 2008
    splash1 wrote: »
    That site just gave me a pop up "Anti Virus" thing, don't go there!! It could be dangerous.

From all the hundreds of times loading and editing that site, my AVG Antivirus picked up nothing. Are you sure it's not your computer?
  • edited October 2008
    Breakman wrote: »
    From all the hundreds of times loading and editing that site, my AVG Antivirus picked up nothing. Are you sure it's not your computer?

Yeah, I checked, I have no viruses or Spyware, so it's obviously that site.
  • edited October 2008
    It might be your virus checker being overly protective. Or your definitions aren't up to date.
    Avast's not picking anything up, and Google'd probably have a warning about the site if there was anything dangerous there.
  • edited October 2008
    Wikia's pretty reputable, so I highly doubt it's hosting a virus. My Avast seems to think it's safe.
  • Finally, a page on the Shambling Corporate Presence. =D
  • edited October 2008
    I instantly disagree with anything Shambling Corporate Poster says. We should make a page for the most valiant and well-respected Telltale forums contributor... THE CHORDS OF STEEL! Who needs that lame ol' SCP anywar Anything or anyone that can be mistaken for jello doesn't deserve a page in any wiki. Except maybe the References to jello wiki.
  • edited October 2008
    Wait!!!! I was one of the main contributors on that before it was popular!!!! Holy crunchberries!!!!
  • edited October 2008
    Hey,I'll contribute as much as I can!!!
  • I instantly disagree with anything Shambling Corporate Poster says. We should make a page for the most valiant and well-respected Telltale forums contributor... THE CHORDS OF STEEL! Who needs that lame ol' SCP anywar Anything or anyone that can be mistaken for jello doesn't deserve a page in any wiki. Except maybe the References to jello wiki.
    What Chords of Steel has failed to realize is that...

phoenixwrightxj1.jpg

See---> HERE! AHA!

takethat.gif

*cough*

Anyways, The Wiki seems to be coming along well! =D
  • edited October 2008
    Woo, went on an editing spree there. Edited the Superball, Brady Culture, and Soda popper articles
  • edited November 2008
    What Chords of Steel has failed to realize is that...

phoenixwrightxj1.jpg

See---> HERE! AHA!

takethat.gif

*cough*

Anyways, The Wiki seems to be coming along well! =D

Oh, buurn!
  • edited November 2008
    I've been wanting to help with the Wiki for a while, and I love how it's been coming along, but I had to wait until I finished Season 2. Finally reached that point last week, so I hope you guys won't mind if I join in on the fun. ^^;
  • edited November 2008
    I've been wanting to help with the Wiki for a while, and I love how it's been coming along, but I had to wait until I finished Season 2. Finally reached that point last week, so I hope you guys won't mind if I join in on the fun. ^^;

Cool beans. The more the merrier! (And less work for our small group of contributors!) Check out the To-Do-List if you don't know where to start. Or may I suggest something? We are starting on a list of all inventory items in the games. Since you just finished Season 2, it would be awesome if you made some description pages about the items featured in those episodes (since it's still fresh in your mind). But, whatever you do, it helps. Thanks a bunch!
  • edited November 2008
    I signed up, I have alot of spare time... so I'm going to try and get the Comic Book section up to par.

EDIT: I added a picture to the Beast from the Cereal Aisle, and I made a page for the Bad Day on the Moon (the comic). I can't take all the credit though, someone came in and touched it up while I was in the middle of something else... looks nice.

EDIT Again: I don't like double posting... but anyway I added pictures to a few pages, but I can't figure out how to edit that Catagory page the "Needs Images" page. I hit edit and it has like 2 sentences at the top of the box. So sorry if I'm making work for others, I'm just too noob at wik's to figure it out.
Sign in to comment in this discussion.