Sam and Max Ep. 106 Resolution Issues

edited September 2008 in Game Support
I just thought I would bring this issue to Telltale's attention so that maybe it can be fixed. Last night I decided to play Bright Side of the Moon, which I had not played since I bought my new computer with Vista on it (I have recently replayed eps. 1-5 and they all worked great). I installed the game from the file I downloaded back in Feb and the splash screen came up. However, when I launched the game, it crashed and wanted to send the usual error reports to Microsoft. After a few minutes of playing with it, I completely uninstalled and re-downloaded the installer and reinstalled. It still crashed. I made sure all my drivers were up to date, then I noticed that if I deleted the perfs.prop file, it would load in windowed mode but would crash again if I changed it to full screen. My video card is the NVIDIA GeForce6150 SE nForce 430 and the resolution is 1280 x 768, but I tested it at all resolutions (I found later that it would load when I changed the color from 32 bit to 16 bit).

Today, I decided to install the Adventure Company version of the game, hoping it would work, and it did. I started playing the game, then out of curiosity, I decided to overwrite the perfs.prop file from the telltale version with the one from the Adventure Company version and the Telltale version loaded perfectly, completley fixing the problem. So there is some issue with the perfs.prop file in the downloaded version of 106 somewhere that is only an issue with this episode because the others worked fine.
This discussion has been closed.