Born For Wii: Sam and Max Hit The Road

edited October 2008 in Sam & Max
Oh MAN, you've GOT to look at this article!

http://www.nintendowiifanboy.com/2008/09/02/born-for-wii-sam-and-max-hit-the-road/

This article explains why Sam and Max Hit the Road would be a great game for the Nintendo Wii.

I think we should show this article to both Lucasarts and Nintendo, don't you?

Comments

• edited September 2008
    omg an article!!
  • edited September 2008
    Well,you can use homebrew to play it already.You need the Homebrew Channel and the ScummVM for Wii.And Sam & Max,off course.
  • edited September 2008
    I advise the Scumm DS Homebrew. It works seamlessly on the Nintendo DS
  • edited September 2008
    Shhhh!

Anyway, I could take it or leave it. It'd be cool if they did it, but it's really very unlikely... It wouldn't really benefit the franchise much. It is already back in business.
  • edited September 2008
    I still don't get why LucasArts doesn't distribute Hit the Road digitally ANYWHERE. I mean, the game is made. How very much can it possibly cost for this gigantic company to take a FINISHED game and distribute it digitally?

I know there's a lot of stuff about this that I don't know. But if a small company like Telltale can develop an episodic title on schedule, releasing extras like the case files and DVD at the end...on their OWN distribution channel, then what in the world keeps LucasArts from taking a FINISHED game and putting it on anyone else's distribution channel?

Wouldn't it more or less be free money?
  • edited September 2008
    The intrinsic problem is how esoteric those games are. Not very many people have a great deal of interest in them anymore. The only way I see anything like that happening is if all the games released off the SCUMM engine were packaged together. Seeing as how difficult it is to find some of those games as it is, I don't see it happening in the not too distant future.
  • edited September 2008
    Ohhhh the memories..
  • edited September 2008
    I know that the Wiis inovation is good for many many cool games, but, lets face it, everyone can't keep remaking their games every time there is a new generation of consoles. If they did, we would have too many pong games to count! I like the idea, but I think that remaking games is a dangerous path to take!
    That's just my opinion though.
  • edited September 2008
    Zootch wrote: »
    I advise the Scumm DS Homebrew. It works seamlessly on the Nintendo DS

exsqueese me?
  • edited October 2008
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rC4IN2t35sg

viola
    Not very many people have a great deal of interest in them anymore.

They could always offer it on avenues that have only people interested in them.
  • edited October 2008
    I want Sam and Max on the DS damnit!
  • edited October 2008
    tabacco wrote: »
    viola-iS-2.jpg ?

I've tried to get Sam & Max to play on one of those and let me tell you, it ain't easy.
  • edited October 2008

Don't we all?
    I mean, I want Hit the Road, I don't seem to have any computers that would run Hit the Road well without pissing off my friend by making his room and the computer in it a total hellhole. I can clean a room, then mess it up again in a good 2 hours.
  • edited October 2008
    Don't we all?
    I mean, I want Hit the Road, I don't seem to have any computers that would run Hit the Road well without pissing off my friend by making his room and the computer in it a total hellhole. I can clean a room, then mess it up again in a good 2 hours.

I dunno

I'd say if you have a computer that can browse the internet, you can play Hit The Road using ScummVM

and here's someone playing it on the DS

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jOiU0X_rlVA
  • edited October 2008

Get a Nintendo DS, buy a flash cart like the R4 or any other Slot 1 flash device and you're all set. Now all you need is a legit copy of Sam & Max [which you can buy on eBay for cheap] and the DS distribution of ScummVM.

ScummVM runs on everything. You can play your SCUMM games on a new Vista PC, Mac, Linux, PSP, PS2, Xbox, DS, iPod Touch, Wii, smartphones running Symbian or Windows Mobile ... You name it.

Who needs LucasArts converting and re-releasing games when there's ScummVM? I know I don't.
  • edited October 2008
    Maybe... they must make season one on wiiware
  • edited October 2008
    Hey, Sam & Max: HoT was on the C64, right?
Sign in to comment in this discussion.