CSI HE - Installation Problems

edited September 2008 in Game Support
I just bought CSI: HE but when I tried to install it a lot of files came up as missing on the disc or just not there, giving me the options to "Abort" "Retry" or "Ignore". Retrying and ignoring just kept giving me the same window so I aborted the set up to try again as a minimum installation.

Now when I load the setup screen it says there's a previous setup active and to close it and continue (An Error: -5005: 0x80070017 has occurred). But I don't have any setups open and my computer doesn't register the game's installed!

I want to give it another go before I take it back as a faulty disc but don't know where to go from here... please help! I'm desparate to play!

Comments

• edited September 2008
    Sarafin,
    I wonder--- Have you checked the specifications of your computer to that of the disc?
  • edited September 2008
    Yeah my computer is the minimum specification for CSI4. Even if it had problems rendering some of the graphics (which is shouldn't) I wouldn't expect it to fail installing... the original error was that some files could not be found on the disc... the disc is a pre-owned one and I'm happy to take it back but I obviously just wanted to give a go reinstalling it separately as a test before throwing it back at the shop!

I found a fix on the Ubisoft website to look for hidden files in the InstallShield folder but the file name it says should appear for CSI4 isn't in that folder.....
  • EmilyEmily Telltale Alumni
    edited September 2008
    What file does it tell you to look for?

This isn't a problem I've heard of before... sounds to me like a problem with the disc or potentially a problem with your drive reading the disc. Do you have access to another computer that you can try it on, just to see if it'll work there? (If yes you can probably rule out a disc problem.)
This discussion has been closed.