Sam & Max Episode 4 DLL Error

edited October 2008 in Game Support
Can somebody help me with the dll error. I played the free episode when I first got it and the next time on startup the error came up. I need help.:(

Comments

• edited September 2008
    Bit more information would help :) What OS do you run, XP or Vista? Did you try a reinstall of the game? What exact dll error do you get, specifically the name of the dll at least.
  • EmilyEmily Telltale Alumni
    edited September 2008
    We definitely won't be able to help without knowing what the error says. ;)

Also when are you getting the error? When the launcher comes up (with the "launch game" button in it), or after you press the "launch game" button?
  • edited September 2008
    I am running Windows XP Home Edition and the error happens before the launcher comes up.
  • edited September 2008
    The error says "DLL has encountered a problem and needs to close. We are sorry for the inconvenience." The error signature is:

AppName: sammax104.exe
    AppVer: 2008.1.3.4740
    ModName: sammax104.exe
    ModVer: 2008.1.3.4740
    Offset: 003f3c3a

That is all of the information I know.
  • edited October 2008
    Easiest fix and test I know would be to uninstall the game and re-install it. I'm assuming your activation code will work for the re-install, but Emily might be able to confirm/deny that.

Anyway, re-installing it will get the proper game related dll's where they should be. So if it's one of those who got corrupted this should fix it.

The error message should say a bit more, specifically the 'DLL' part should say the name of the DLL itself I think.
  • edited October 2008
    Never mind. I got Sam & Max Season 1 for Wii. Thanks for the help anyway.
This discussion has been closed.