Strong Badia the Free blue screen (PC)

edited September 2008 in Game Support
In "Strong Badia the Free" near the end (I think) after you Rally your Troops at Marzipan's house, and you Hop the white picket fense, I get a game crash half the time, and a BSOD the other half. Basically, just as the screen freezes, and starts to look like an inspirational poster.

I've tried this on 2 of my computers, and the results are the same on both. No real crashes or bugs anywhere else that I've seen so far.

Running WinXp, nothing unusual.

Comments

• WillWill Telltale Alumni
    edited September 2008
    Usually BSODs have some sort of error message on them, do you know what yours said?
  • edited September 2008
    As far as I could tell, it get a Device Error. Possibly Video card related... but it ONLY occurs at that single point in the game, and happens to 2 other computers in my house, all with different Hardward/Video cards, etc etc.. I've tried to progress past it around 20+ times now, give or take.
    I've tried different video sizes/qualities, no change.

I also Re-downloaded and Re-installed (clean) just in case. Maybe it hates me?
    I think I was at/near the end anyway, so i'm not missing that much. although, I got to that point on the night of the release. (yeah, I'm a fan)

Thanks anyway if I don't resolve this issue. :)

-Mike
  • edited September 2008
    Mines getting a BSOD as well
  • WillWill Telltale Alumni
    edited September 2008
    That's definitely odd that it is happening on two computers. Is there any commonality between the two computers? Same video card, etc?

My first suggestion would be to update your graphics drivers and DirectX, but it is definitely odd it is happening on two computers. Are you using the same save file for all of your tests?
  • edited September 2008
    well not only is it BSODing but also on homestars peace draft wheel theres nothing on it , it's rendered black, i had to look at a walk through to figure out the puzzel
  • edited September 2008
    I had the exact same Problem! His "roulette" wheel of possible name or whatever is totally black before/during and after he spins it. I got past it by trial and error.
This discussion has been closed.