An interesting thing I noticed about playing episode 2

edited October 2008 in Sam & Max
When you play episode 1 or 4, or whatever episode you play first, you are unfamiliar with your environment. So, you click on anything and everything! And you will usually pick up important items.

But when you play your second episode, you think you know the environment so well, that you don't click on much, and you miss items, and a walkthrough is needed. At least, this happened to me.

Did this happen to anyone else?

Comments

• edited September 2008
    Yup. Eventually you take things for granted.
    The TV? It's just there, I already checked it in episode one.
    Leonard? He's been there for the past three episodes, close the closet.
    Bosco's foodstuffs? Like he ever restocks that crap.

Eventually you simply look over things because you already checked them a few episodes ago, but later you find out you actually need them this time around!
  • edited September 2008
    Once they started giving Sam different things to say about each object in every episode, I didn't mind this much.
  • edited September 2008
    Uh...no. I always checked everything in every episode.

I didn't use every item on everything, but I clicked on everything at least.
  • edited September 2008
    Me too... I tend to click on all clickable items, and try and fully explore a dialogue tree before I deliberately solve a puzzle.

But I still don't try every object on every character/other item... which means I always miss something and have to play the game a second time with the "Did you try?" lists :p
  • edited September 2008
    I've played too many adventure games to take anything "for granted". Besides, checking everything and exploring in an adventure game is...almost more important than advancing in the main game proper.

What if something's changed? I gotta check! Maybe I'll get a new witty comment!

Etc.
  • edited October 2008
    I usually click everything, I'm a click-a-holic.
  • edited October 2008

same here.
  • edited October 2008

Multiple clicks-a-holic since the Banang gag just to make sure I don't miss some comedy gold.
  • edited October 2008
    MaxFan wrote: »
    Multiple clicks-a-holic since the Banang gag just to make sure I don't miss some comedy gold.

Yes that joke was a classic, when I always start a new game, I click on everything in every location.
  • edited October 2008
    yes maybe
Sign in to comment in this discussion.