Black Save Game Images in S&M 204

edited October 2008 in Game Support
Hi there Folks,

Got an issue with the DVD version of Season 2 Sam and Max - Episode 4: Chariots of the Dogs. When saving a game, it saves it with a black image as seen in the screenshot below. The save games are loading fine, it's just the picture that is not showing up. This is only happening in episode 4, I have no problems with the other episodes. Any idea's to why this might be happening? :)

snmep204pa2.th.jpgthpix.gif

Comments

• WillWill Telltale Alumni
    edited October 2008
    When playing the game, is any part of the game window off the edge of the screen? That can cause a black save file, even if it is just one pixel off the edge.
  • JakeJake Telltale Alumni
    edited October 2008
    Also, are you by chance running episode 4 at a significantly higher resolution than you were running older episodes? It might be saddening your video card.
  • edited October 2008
    Jake wrote: »
    Also, are you by chance running episode 4 at a significantly higher resolution than you were running older episodes? It might be saddening your video card.

I checked and all the episodes are running on the same resolution which is 1280x1024. But you were right on target with the problem being with the resolutions.
    Will wrote: »
    When playing the game, is any part of the game window off the edge of the screen? That can cause a black save file, even if it is just one pixel off the edge.

As i said before I run all my games in 1280x1024. Since my TFT has a native resolution of 1280x1024. But as you can see in first screenshot I posted, the dropdown menu is off the sides. Same with the talk interface when you start talking to people.
    When changing the resolution to 1024x768 and start a new game it saves normally. The problem with that is, that the performance drops and the gameplay gets choppy.

snmep2042ye6.th.jpgthpix.gif

The weird part is that I only seem to be having this particular problem in 204. In the other episodes the menu is also cut off. But they don't seem to be having a problem with that :)
  • edited October 2008
    Well I found a nice way around it. I picked the 1024x768 resolution. Loaded a save game, re-saved it, and I got the image back. I did that for all my saves, so this way I can see where I actually saved the game. After all that was done, I simply put the resolution back to 1280x1024. :D
This discussion has been closed.