Xbox Live arcade

edited June 2009 in Sam & Max
Wikipedia is saying that both Sam and Max seasons are coming to Xbox Live arcade. I know it isn't a reliable source, but I wanted to make sure if it is true.
Is it?
Heres a link to show you
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Xbox_Live_arcade_Games#Upcoming_realeases

EDIT: ok I know the link is not the exact link but on that page there is a link to it

Comments

• edited October 2008
    That would be awesome if it was true!
  • edited October 2008
    Well, that's outta left field...

Here's the direct link to the Wikipedia article:
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Xbox_Live_Arcade_Games

And here's the citation that the article gives as proof of its development status:
    http://www.joystiq.com/2008/05/23/sam-and-max-season-3-coming-early-2009-telltale-interested-in-xbl/

Long story short... no, so far as I've seen, there's no official notice that S&M is under development for X360 or X360-A. Would I put it past TTG to release it on Arcade? Probably not... it may simply be a matter of time.... Would it be awesome? Totally!
  • edited October 2008
    I think you'll find that's sourced from this article:
    http://www.joystiq.com/2008/05/23/sam-and-max-season-3-coming-early-2009-telltale-interested-in-xbl/

We haven't actually announced XBLA releases, I'm afraid, but it's a testament to the power of internet optimism :)
  • edited October 2008
    Nor have you actually denied any XBLA releases. HMMMMMMMMMMM.
  • edited October 2008
    tobar wrote: »
    Nor have you actually denied any XBLA releases. HMMMMMMMMMMM.

True. Telltale DID say that they want there games on ALL consoles.;)
  • GaryGary Telltale Alumni
    edited October 2008
    Gman5852 wrote: »
    True. Telltale DID say that they want there games on ALL consoles.;)

That is true; however, we (or maybe just me, I dunno) also want money to rain from the sky!
  • edited October 2008
    Gary wrote: »
    That is true; however, we (or maybe just me, I dunno) also want money to rain from the sky!

And I blame NOAA for its continued failure to do so.
  • edited February 2009
    And now xbox live Sam and Max is finally confirmed:D
    As well as Wallace and Gromit.
  • edited February 2009
    Boy I was a real smart alec back in October. :p
  • edited February 2009
    tobar wrote: »
    Boy I was a real smart alec back in October. :p
    And, strangely enough, correct.
  • edited March 2009
    TrogLlama wrote: »
    And, strangely enough, correct.

true. very true
  • edited March 2009
    all i no is if they make the games for the 360 i will only go outside to work and go to comic con and the rest of my life will be on 360 especially if they made it for 360live
  • edited March 2009
    xbox live not 360 live
  • edited April 2009
    Is anyone else about to implode? I deliberately avoided playing these games on the PC after the hint that it would eventually end up on the 360. I currently own two versions of the game already (Season 1&2 on PC and Season 1 on the Wii). Since it launched on the PC I've been dying to start playing this game, and with all the recent confirmations around both Wallace and Grommit and Sam & Max I'm dying to get my hands on them on the 360! After work, I frantically scour the internet for any suggestion of a release date... and so far nothing! I understand dealing with MS and passing all the certification can leave developers out in the cold just as much as the rest of us. I've heard enough stories about games being done but spending years in the MS testing labs for unknown reasons. However, can't someone at least give us a heads up on something? Even if it's just to say what stage the process is at, I would be able to rest a bit easier. :)

Here's my guess work, Wallace and Grommit with gamepad support should be a pretty easy port to the 360. I'm imagining we'll see that soon and first. Especially with the comments almost a month ago with the PC release that the info on the XBLA release and pricing would be announced "soon". But I've got no clue at what stage Sam & Max is. Does it still need to be altered to work with the game pad, or because of the length of time this was rumored has all of that already been ironed out? It's driving me crazy! I think it was the OXM section on Sam & Max that pushed me over the edge... Any tiny bit of info would be greatly appreciated guys. :) You might save at least one of your customers from exploding.
  • edited April 2009
    It's extremely likely that they had worked on the Sam and Max with a joypad for a long time before they told us about it. I'm guessing the game is done and submitted, or will be submitted fairly soon.

Of course, I don't care because I've already played through them and own these games, and I don't feel like buying it twice. That money can go towards....prints...the animated series....a fourth copy of Surfin' the Highway...
  • edited April 2009
    It'll be point'n'click as usual:

sam31c.jpg
  • edited April 2009
    EDIT: Nevermind.
  • David EDavid E Telltale Alumni
    edited April 2009
    I count 3 Sam hands. Look closely :)
  • edited April 2009
    After having found the Hidden Cursor upon Sam's chest, Rather Dashing returns home to erase all mention of his foul error. However, sadly the wretched Dragon Davidè, has arisen in the home thread to proclaim that there are, in fact, THREE Sam hands. Having discovered the cursor hand, Rather Dashing rushes to the image, scanning it for the two unknown extra hand cursors.

"Aha!" our hero finally cries out, "There ARE two others...attached to his arms!"

The dragon, realizing that his riddle has been solved, rears back in rage and spits forth a stream of intense blue fire, incinerating the peasant in his moment of glory.
  • edited April 2009
    Of course, I don't care because I've already played through them and own these games, and I don't feel like buying it twice. That money can go towards....prints...the animated series....a fourth copy of Surfin' the Highway...

Shhhh... don't tell me that. I just got around to purchasing the Wii version, only to proudly put it on my shelf. I'm almost certain it will never actually be played. The 360 version will be number 3, and I'm certainly buying Wallace and Grommit twice as well. I think it's money well spent. I really want to give TellTale the support they deserve for taking the genre I love from death's door. Although Sam and Max was my favorite LucasFilm/LucasArts title, I still hope if they get enough clout they might manage to nab Maniac Mansion or even *GASP* Monkey Island and continue to produce sequels for those games as well! Hell, I'd be up for a sequel to any LucasArts graphic adventure. I'm proud of what TellTale has accomplished and grateful for what they've done. I'll be buying every version of Sam and Max they put out!

Plus... already purchased everything else I can think of in the store. I nabbed the TV show, two copies of Surfin' the Highway (paperback and hardcover), the hat, the shirt... Wallace and Grommit and the Bone games. I'm out of stuff to buy! To be honest, after obsessively coming here to check for news on a daily basis my next stop is to obsessively check if they have any new merchandise for me to pick up!

Now if only some release date news would turn up... I really hope you're right and that it's already been submitted.
  • edited April 2009
    jab1981 wrote: »
    Although Sam and Max was my favorite LucasFilm/LucasArts title, I still hope if they get enough clout they might manage to nab Maniac Mansion or even *GASP* Monkey Island and continue to produce sequels for those games as well! Hell, I'd be up for a sequel to any LucasArts graphic adventure. I'm proud of what TellTale has accomplished and grateful for what they've done. I'll be buying every version of Sam and Max they put out!
    Sadly enough, that's never going to happen. They didn't get Sam and Max from LucasArts. Not directly.

Steve Purcell, the creator of Sam and Max, owns the characters. He never sold them to LucasArts. So when LucasArts decided Adventure games were a thing of the past and Star Wars was the future, Steve Purcell was free to let whoever he wanted make a game with his characters. He chose Telltale.

Every other LucasArts adventure game is owned fully by LucasArts, and they're not letting go.
  • edited April 2009
    Sadly enough, that's never going to happen. They didn't get Sam and Max from LucasArts. Not directly.

Steve Purcell, the creator of Sam and Max, owns the characters. He never sold them to LucasArts. So when LucasArts decided Adventure games were a thing of the past and Star Wars was the future, Steve Purcell was free to let whoever he wanted make a game with his characters. He chose Telltale.

Every other LucasArts adventure game is owned fully by LucasArts, and they're not letting go.

(If you listen closely you can hear the sounds of my dreams crashing to the ground)

OUCH! I never thought of it like that. It does put a rain cloud over my parade a bit. But I'll maintain hope simply because the LucasArts that isn't letting go is the same LucasArts whose attitude is sending their business into the ground. If TellTale becomes successful enough and LucasArts becomes desperate enough I wouldn't rule out a deal going through. If not in owning the franchise, perhaps a developer/publisher sort of situation. Think of it like the other TT (Traveller's Tales) making all the Lego Star Wars and Indy games. Unlikely? Perhaps. Impossible? Not by a long shot.

If they keep hiring the talent behind those games, who knows. Maybe a new IP is just the ticket. It's too bad Ron Gilbert just started in with Hothead Games, he would've been a good pick to head something like that.
  • edited June 2009

In light of today's news I was reminded of this post. Keep the hope alive guys and sometimes the best things can be worked out.

Thanks TellTale for making my year... several times over! Sam & Max and Monkey Island... plus I'm enjoying Bone, StrongBad and W&G. Keep 'em coming and I'll keep sending you the checks!
  • edited June 2009
    Are there any differences between the PC versions and WiiWare, XBLA versions of any of the Telltale games? (Apart from achievements on Xbox).

I already have both seasons of Sam and Max on the Xbox... can I justify buying them on the Xbox as well?
  • edited June 2009
    Are there any differences between the PC versions and WiiWare, XBLA versions of any of the Telltale games? (Apart from achievements on Xbox).

I already have both seasons of Sam and Max on the Xbox... can I justify buying them on the Xbox as well?

It's not out yet, is it
  • edited June 2009
    Sorry, I meant that I already have both seasons on the PC. Therefore, can I really justify spending more money to buy them for Xbox?
  • edited June 2009
    Well I'm gonna buy them on xbox just to enjoy them on
    My big LCD tv. I'm sure the graphics will be a lot better than the wii version too
  • edited June 2009
    If I had an XBox I'd be getting them. I already own Season One for the PC and the Wii. I'm just waiting for the retail version of Season Two to come out for the PC and Wii and I'll be buying those as well. If I ever get an XBox I'll be getting all the games. Three copies of each! Yeah, baby!

Seriously, I really feel like we should support the genre as best we can. I'm currently trying to buy every adventure game released so far (of the good ones). Syberia on the DS, Myst on the DS, Broken Sword on the DS and Wii, Broken Sword 4 (which I haven't picked up yet, even though it's been out for a while now).
  • edited June 2009
    Hero1 wrote: »
    Well I'm gonna buy them on xbox just to enjoy them on
    My big LCD tv. I'm sure the graphics will be a lot better than the wii version too
    Well, I could hook my laptop up to my big LCD TV and just use it as a monitor, but I get your point.
    Seriously, I really feel like we should support the genre as best we can.
    Very good point and to be honest I will probably end up buying Sam and Max on Xbox (even if it's just because of the achievements).
Sign in to comment in this discussion.