Running Sam and Max on Lenovo error

edited May 2014 in Game Support
I'm unsure if this is a computer specific problem, but no matter what I try, it always comes up with the following message when I attempt to play the completely installed application
SCRIPT ERROR
An error has occurred on this page
Line: 6
Char: 157
Code: 0
URL: file:///C:/Users/Angelleah/AppData/Local/Temp/0394C90C5A99DD586CCE5823DA9DC03/launcher/include/lib.js

What follows is the option whether to run the script on the page anyway. 'Yes' results in another completely similar error message, except the issue complains about objects.
Repeatedly pressing 'yes' results in a white screen with only the option 'submit query' under the words 'serial code'.

Note: This Lenovo, as default(and unchanged), uses Windows 8. Attempts at downloading and reinstalling have been made, though nothing was changed in these attempts.
The first attempt at running this causes major slowdown on the computer and some strange visual effects on the various pages I attempted to access afterword.

Comments

• edited May 2014
    I typed out the entire URL, but it doesn't appear in the post for some strange reason.
  • TelltaleMikeTelltaleMike Former Telltale Staff
    I apologize for the inconvenience. Below are a few possible solutions:

1) Ensure you have the latest drivers for both your graphics card, and your computer’s BIOS

2) Restart your system

3) Unplug your gamepad (and all other USB devices other than keyboard/mouse) and plug in headphones to the audio out jack.

4) Verify your cache if you purchased through Steam

5) Run the game as admin

6) Run the game in compatibility mode (We recommend Windows 98/ME)

7) Reinstall the game

8) Make sure that the Steam application is not set to a compatibility mode (right click on steam and click properties, then check compatibility, and make sure that it is not checked to play in a different OS)

If none of these solutions work for you, can you please provide full system specifications for your computer?

For PC: Please send us your DXDiag if you’re using PC. (To send a DXDiag, click the Start menu, click Run, and then type in DXDiag and press enter. After it loads, click Save All Information and save the file where you’ll be able to easily find it. Please attach the file to the reply to this email.
  • I plan on trying those near immediately, and I must say; I am impressed by the attention you guys give to the players and their needs, as well as the politeness.
This discussion has been closed.