Sam & Max Season 2 won't launch on mac [Moved to Support]

edited May 2014 in Game Support
I downloaded the .dmg file and installed it but it won't launch. It just opens a window which says "The file is damaged and it can not be opened. Move it to trashcan." I deleted it and tried it again but it just keeps happening. What should I do?

Comments

• TelltaleMikeTelltaleMike Former Telltale Staff
    I apologize for the inconvenience. Have you purchased the game from our website? Have you downloaded the installer from your My Games page and are running into this issue? You may have downloaded an incomplete installer file. If this is true, I recommend disabling any anti-virus or internet firewall programs open and running that may be blocking the download from completing successfully, and then try the download from our website again.
  • Macfly77Macfly77 Moderator
    Might be a Gatekeeper issue.

Here are DjNDB's instructions:

"To fix this you will need to disable Gatekeeper temporarily: Click the Apple logo on the top toolbar and select "System Preferences". Now select "Security & Privacy". If the padlock in the bottom left corner of this screen is not open, click on it. You will now see 3 options for downloaded applications, they are: "Mac App Store", "Mac App Store and identified developers", and "Anywhere". Please select "Anywhere" and then confirm your selection.

Now you should be able to run the game. After you have started the game once, you can reactivate Gatekeeper by setting it to "Mac App Store and identified developers", and it should not show the warning again for this game."
This discussion has been closed.