I think it's time.

edited November 2008 in Sam & Max
Yes, my brothers, i think it's time for some Season 3 goodies. Us Sam and Max fans have waited more than any season based fans for the return of our favorite crime fighters. The Wii release as come and gone, and now, i think it's time for some Sam and Max season 3 updates. I don't like the idea that our season is not on a precise yearly basis, and it costs me a lot of pills and professional therapy to be able to cope with the emotional distress that this situation as caused for me.

So please, make me and all the Sam and Max fans worldwide happy. And please, please... details?

Please?

An old fan.

Comments

• edited October 2008
    No details yet, sorry.
  • edited October 2008
    tabacco wrote: »
    No details yet, sorry.

DREAM CRUSH!

Just wait 'till there done making SBCG4AP and Wallace and Gromit, I bet we'll get updates.
  • edited October 2008
    Just wait 'till there done making SBCG4AP and Wallace and Gromit, I bet we'll get updates.

SBCG4AP and Wallace and Gromit??? I think they will update it just after SPCG4AP, in the Q1 of 2009, not after W&G.

wont they??:confused::(
  • edited October 2008
    Milkman08 wrote: »
    I think they will update it just after SPCG4AP, in the Q1 of 2009, not after W&G.

wont they??:confused::(

I'm pretty sure that's right. I remember reading sometime ago that the team working on W&G shares very little crossover with the folks who normally work on Sam & Max. Conversely, there's tons of crossover between the SBCG4AP and S+M teams. So I wouldn't be surprised if around Episode 5 of Strong Bad, we'll start hearing whispers of what Telltale has in mind for Season 3. I don't think there's a need to worry yet. :)

(And hey ... if this is true, wouldn't that leave Telltale working on two series—simultaneously—in '09? Sounds like a pretty exciting prospect if that's the case!)
  • edited October 2008
    (And hey ... if this is true, wouldn't that leave Telltale working on two series—simultaneously—in '09? Sounds like a pretty exciting prospect if that's the case!)

yeah, that would be really exciting.
    2 adve. games at the same time...this is gonna be the best year in adve. games ever!!!
  • edited October 2008
    I'm pretty sure they won't be released simultaneously, no real reason to. If all three series are released linearly with no two going on at the same time I believe you would get higher sales and more buzz revolving about the games.
  • edited October 2008
    Well honestly i have little interest in Strong bad, i tried the demo's and i can't get into it. So for me this is kind of a bother to see Sam and Max delayed for this particular product :( But still, Wallace and Gromit i am curious to see what it is all about. I welcome anything new at this point and will give a shot to anything TellTale comes up with :) Maybe i am overly anticipating Sam and Max but what can i say, it is incredibly well done and you guys are making me happy with what you are doing with the license. I'd like to have one more episode based product ( or more ) from you guys ( that interest me ) and then i think my adventure needs will be fulfilled. Until then, i'll keep annoying you in the forums :P
  • edited October 2008
    PatsDark wrote: »
    Well honestly i have little interest in Strong bad, i tried the demo's and i can't get into it. So for me this is kind of a bother to see Sam and Max delayed for this particular product :( But still, Wallace and Gromit i am curious to see what it is all about. I welcome anything new at this point and will give a shot to anything TellTale comes up with :) Maybe i am overly anticipating Sam and Max but what can i say, it is incredibly well done and you guys are making me happy with what you are doing with the license. I'd like to have one more episode based product ( or more ) from you guys ( that interest me ) and then i think my adventure needs will be fulfilled. Until then, i'll keep annoying you in the forums :P

You hurt SBCG4APs feelings.
  • edited October 2008
    PatsDark wrote: »

SBCG4AP is first & foremost a game for pre-existing fans of the series that will confuse & bore newcomers & serves as extended-length episodes for old fans that include the uber-goodie of setting (house & land) exploration, whereas Sam & Max doesn't have that problem & newcomers can jump right in & check out the old classic stuff afterwards. I've been a Homestar fan since 2002/3, but when it comes to games, Sam & Max is much more fun.
  • edited October 2008
    I've heard "Early 2009" for Season 3, so I'm expecting to at least hear something by February/March, and maybe have the season started. But of course, that's all just conjecture.
  • EmilyEmily Telltale Alumni
    edited October 2008
    LikaLaruku wrote: »
    SBCG4AP is first & foremost a game for pre-existing fans of the series that will confuse & bore newcomers

This is a huge assumption. There are a lot of people who weren't already Homestarrunner.com fans playing (and enjoying) the games. With any licensed game, of course the preexisting fans are the lowest-hanging fruit, but one of our goals is to create games that can introduce people to the license, as well as satisfy people who were already fans. We work pretty hard at it, actually. :D

Anyway, this has nothing to do with Sam & Max, and as Doug said earlier in the thread, we don't have anything to say about Sam & Max right now. Patience, it'll come...
  • edited October 2008
    Emily wrote: »
    This is a huge assumption. There are a lot of people who weren't already Homestarrunner.com fans playing (and enjoying) the games. With any licensed game, of course the preexisting fans are the lowest-hanging fruit, but one of our goals is to create games that can introduce people to the license, as well as satisfy people who were already fans. We work pretty hard at it, actually. :D

Anyway, this has nothing to do with Sam & Max, and as Doug said earlier in the thread, we don't have anything to say about Sam & Max right now. Patience, it'll come...
    I suppose by that you mean, you don't have anything more than you yourself said to the BBPS back in May.

Specifically:

"Yes, we’ll be returning to Sam & Max in early 2009. Also, the first six Sam & Max episodes are coming to Wii this fall, which is very exciting since it’s something fans have been asking about for a really long time. The six episodes will be packaged together as a Wii retail product."
  • JakeJake Telltale Alumni
    edited October 2008
    Well, given that it's still 2008, cut us some slack :)

Would it be enough to say that it will be awesome? Because it will be. Beyond that, Emily is right -- we have nothing to say or show from Season 3, other than to say 1) It Will Exist, 2) (as seen above) It Will Be Awesome.
  • edited October 2008
    Oh, I'm not meaning to seem impatient by any means. ;)

I'm perfectly fine with waiting as long as I know that it'll get worked on next year. The "We've got nothing to say" line just makes it seem like it may not, when that doesn't seem to be the case.

I'm enjoying SBCG4AP. A lot. But I simply prefer the stylings of Sam and Max, and I definitely look forward to seeing the next season. ^_^

Though...I might be getting fidgety around New Years. =p
  • edited October 2008
    BeatDeadHorse.gif

Let's leave the poor employees alone for the time being. There will be plenty of time to harass them in "Early 2009".
  • edited October 2008
    I had never heard of Sam & Max or Strong Bad before Telltale and I've enjoyed both series, but Sam & Max is more consistently funny to me, just hits the right notes more often. Hmm, the analogy is perfect as everyone has different tastes in music. Bring on Early 2009!
  • edited October 2008
    Ok. I will let go of Sam and Max for 2008. I'll be back for 2009 :P

Seriously, i really hope Blaster Bluster get his voice back, and also, let's not see Sybil again. She has been wayyyy overplayed by now. Also true of the soda poppers ( and besides....could they really re-appear at this point? ).
  • GaryGary Telltale Alumni
    edited October 2008
    I heard it'll feature a dog and rabbit.
  • edited October 2008
    Stop spreading unsubstantiated rumors! =p
  • edited October 2008
    Stop spreading unsubstantiated rumors! =p

I guess I should put this away for now then...
  • edited November 2008
    I heard about Sam and Max through an issue of NGamer magazine, so I looked it up.Now I own all the episodes and every SBCG4AP so far(also got me interested in HR!) so they dont just reach old fans, they get new ones like me too.
  • edited November 2008
    Yeah, you know what? The Chaps Bros probably didn't want to get many more fans or have any more followers. That way we can pretty much all go extinct, since there's no way any of us will have children.
  • edited November 2008
    I found this spraypainted on my house a few days ago:
    "IF YOU WAIT FOR IT, THEY WILL COME".
    Can't they think of any better movie quotes to mangle?
  • edited November 2008
    I found this spraypainted on my house a few days ago:
    "IF YOU WAIT FOR IT, THEY WILL COME".
    Can't they think of any better movie quotes to mangle?

From a better movie, or just a better quote?
Sign in to comment in this discussion.