Help! CSI graphics problems on PC....

edited August 2009 in Game Support
Hi all,
I just bought the 1st CSI game for my PC. I have tried it on both Vista and XP and the same problem just keeps happening. I install it (have tried partial and full install), it starts up, I am about to play, and while the main characters are talking there is a big white square in the middle so you can't see whoever is talking. Now I am thinking this is a graphics problem, but don't really have a clue...
This is what is says the game needs to run...

Recommended:
Supported for: Windows 98/ME/2000/XP
Processor: Pentium III 500 / AMD K6-III 600
RAM: 128 MB RAM (256 recommended for -> Win 2000 & Win XP)
Video Card: 16 MB DirectX 8.1 compatible hardware-accelerated 3D graphics card
Sound Card: 16-bit DirectX 8.1 compatible audio card
DVD-ROM: 2x DVD-ROM Drive
Hard Drive: 1.5 GB Free Hard Drive Space

This is what I have (that I can find)
Processor: Intel Pentium Dual CPU T2370 @1.73 GHz
Memory (RAM) 3.00GB
System type: 32 bit

Don't know where to look to find video and sound card? I am on vista at the moment looking... help?

Ok... I found something, it says:
Generic PnP Monitor on Mobile Intel 965 Express Chipset Family...
Total Available Graphics Memory-358 MB,
Dedicated Video Memory-0MB,
System Video Memory-128MB,
Shared System Memory- 230 MB.
Does that help? :)

Comments

• EmilyEmily Telltale Alumni
    edited October 2008
    Which CSI game is this? If it's one of the ones Telltale developed (3 Dimensions of Murder or Hard Evidence), then unfortunately your integrated video won't be able to handle the game. :( (When you said you're playing "the first" CSI game, I'm not sure if you mean the first one Telltale developed or the first one ever.)
    Our games require 3D video cards that are new enough to run under DirectX 9. If you have a Geforce or Radeon card purchased within the last five years, our games will probably work! (To find out what video card you have, right-click the desktop and select Properties, then go to the Settings tab. Your video card should be listed here under "Display".)

If you have integrated graphics or an older 3D card, our games might not work for you. A good way to find out is to download the demo version of the game you're interested in buying. If the demo runs okay for you, the game probably will too.

(Special note for people with Intel graphics: If your video is included on this list, you probably won't be able to run our games. Sorry about that.)
  • edited November 2008
    I am having the same problem , only thing is , I am not running on board video , I have a ge force 7300. I start the game and no characters, just a white box where they should be. I have tried directx , open gl , and software setting, to no avail. the other 3 disks I got in the UBIsoft superpack work flawlessly, starting to think there may have been a few bum disks that made it out. any thoughts?:confused:
  • edited December 2008
    I am also having this issue. I had a GE Force 6800 card before and now I just got a Radeon HD3850 and I am still having the same issue. From what I can tell, it's a bad burn on the disc, possible. The game is CSI: Crime Scene Investigation for the PC. The case says that it is the original. Has anyone figured out anything about it?
  • edited December 2008
    Unfortunately, we didn't make that game, so there's not too much we can do to support technical problems with it :(
  • edited August 2009
    Hi all,
    I just bought the 1st CSI game for my PC. I have tried it on both Vista and XP and the same problem just keeps happening. I install it (have tried partial and full install), it starts up, I am about to play, and while the main characters are talking there is a big white square in the middle so you can't see whoever is talking. Now I am thinking this is a graphics problem, but don't really have a clue...
    This is what is says the game needs to run...

Recommended:
    Supported for: Windows 98/ME/2000/XP
    Processor: Pentium III 500 / AMD K6-III 600
    RAM: 128 MB RAM (256 recommended for -> Win 2000 & Win XP)
    Video Card: 16 MB DirectX 8.1 compatible hardware-accelerated 3D graphics card
    Sound Card: 16-bit DirectX 8.1 compatible audio card
    DVD-ROM: 2x DVD-ROM Drive
    Hard Drive: 1.5 GB Free Hard Drive Space

This is what I have (that I can find)
    Processor: Intel Pentium Dual CPU T2370 @1.73 GHz
    Memory (RAM) 3.00GB
    System type: 32 bit

Don't know where to look to find video and sound card? I am on vista at the moment looking... help?

Ok... I found something, it says:
    Generic PnP Monitor on Mobile Intel 965 Express Chipset Family...
    Total Available Graphics Memory-358 MB,
    Dedicated Video Memory-0MB,
    System Video Memory-128MB,
    Shared System Memory- 230 MB.
    Does that help? :)

uninstall your current version of quicktime and install the version that came with the disc, worked for me, I can see all the cast in all their glory hooray!!!:) it's on cd 3
This discussion has been closed.