I can't get passed...

edited November 2008 in Game Support
I already posted this in another section and they said I might get help better here. (so i'm posting EXACTLY what I said in my other thread.)

I can't seem to get passed...
The part right after the Homestarmy gets formed. And they head over the fence, right after it freezes...my computer gives me the blue screen of death. Help!! Is anyone else getting this? I don't understand what's going on? I've tried to get passed it about 5 times. I don't know what i'm doing wrong. HELP!

Here's my info if it helps:
Brand Name: HP Pavilion zv 5000
CPU: AMD Athlon(tm) 64 Processor 3400+
RAM: 286 MHz. 512 MB
Direct X Version: DirectX 9.0c (4.09.0000.0904)
Video card: NVIDIA FeForce4 440Go 64M

Comments

• WillWill Telltale Alumni
    edited October 2008
    First thing you might want to do is delete and redownload the game. Don't delete your save files though! It's possible that you just have some corrupted data in there and reinstalling will fix it. If that doesn't work, please let me know.
  • edited October 2008
    thank you! I will try that and get back to you.
  • edited October 2008
    thank you! I will try that and get back to you.

yeah that did absolutly nothing. Still crashed. :(
    any other ideas?
    edited October 2008
    Ok, idea number two, let's try updating your graphics card drivers. Unfortunately, your graphics card is a really just barely on the edge of being able to play our games. If that is the problem, we may be able to update your drivers and stop the crash. You should be able to get the latest version of your driver here: http://www.nvidia.com/object/winxp_2k_93.71_2.html

If for some reason that doesn't install for you, it's likely that your laptop came with some sort of custom driver (not all uncommon) and you will have to get a driver update from HP. Let's hope for the quick and easy route first.
  • edited November 2008
    First to start off: I have been able to get through the first game of "Homestar Ruiner"
    It's only being ridiculous with "Strong Badia the Free!"
    Currently, I'm downloading "Baddest of the Bands". I shall play it all tomorrow if possible and see if it crashes at any point with this one? If so, omg, my compy hates me.
    If it doesn't, weee it's just one game! lol.

Anyway, on to the real deal:

It said I didn't have any drivers (or maybe it was hardware?) that was compatible?
    Whyyyyyyyy must you not love me lappy?!?
    edited November 2008
    Yeah, HP likely has some sort of custom drivers. You might have to poke around on their website to find an update.
  • edited November 2008
    YAY! I beat "baddest of bands" it was funnnnn!
This discussion has been closed.