Strong Bad: Baddest of the Bands problem

edited October 2008 in Game Support
I'm having an issue with episode 3 of the Strong Bad: Baddest of the Bands game. While the first two games worked fine on my computer, Baddest of the bands doesn't show the Videlectrix logo, or the Telltalegames logo. After that it takes me to a screen that is entirely white with a few green boxes on the bottom. I was somehow able to get to the menu logo. The sound works fine, but there are white rectangles where the menu options should be.

After installing this game I went back to Strong Badia the Free and the same sort of glitches occured, though upon starting up Homestar Ruiner, I found that it was fine.

I don't know what the problem is here, if someone could help me out it would be greatly appreciated.

Comments

• WillWill Telltale Alumni
    edited October 2008
    Hmm, do you know if you have installed any new programs since you last played Strong Badia? My first idea would be to redownload and reinstall episode three and while doing it, make sure that you update your DirectX again, as something might have corrupted it.
  • edited October 2008
    Okay, reinstalled DirectX 9 and seem to be having no problem with the Strong Badia the Free now.

But Baddest of the Bands is still not working for me, even after redownloading the installer and running it again. Same glitchy screens with perfect audio.

Nothing I installed since Strong Badia should have effected the game. I'm a little more confused now that the first two are both working and the third just... isn't. I've got it running on a different computer upstairs just fine, but on mine its just not happening. Any other ideas? :confused:
  • WillWill Telltale Alumni
    edited October 2008
    Hmm, when you tried reinstalling 103, did you completely uninstall it first? It usually doesn't make a difference, but it does seem odd that you are having problems with only that one.

Another thing you could try is updating your graphics drivers. I can't think of anything that changed engine wise between 102 and 103, but it is certainly worth a shot.
This discussion has been closed.