Possible bug in Strong bad Ep. 3 preventing players from reaching the highest rank

edited November 2008 in Game Support
I did not want to post this earlier because I felt kinda dumb that someone as anal as me could not find all 10 affection expressions in episode 3.. But with each passing day,and no one finding the 10th point, the more I am convinced that this is indeed a bug.

I have always able to find all the extras and easter eggs through various means, but not this time, and i think I know why... I think telltale screwed up and deleted the conversation from the game. :o

Through my file digging I have found the line that I believe to be the 10th expression of affection, but there is no way to hear it in game because the inventory item linked to it appears to have been removed!

It appears that you could take (and keep) an incomplete album cover picture and show it to the cheat (I.E. a pic missing a few elements). Strong Bads comment to the cheat afterward appears to contain the elusive "10th affection expression", but as we all know... the only picture of the album cover you get to keep is the final copy.

The conversation looks like it was meant to be heard in marzipans house when you showed the incomplete album cover to The Cheat... (Its composed of lines 907 and 908 in the .ttarch index)
SB: "Hey The Cheat, what do ya think of the album cover?
Cheat: "Meh-ma-meh"
SB: "You're right, but it still needs something to push it over the cliff. I love pushing stuff over cliffs!"

Before my brain explodes from disappointment... Could someone from Telltale please post the list of all 10 affection expressions? (and prove me wrong)

Comments

• JakeJake Telltale Alumni
    edited November 2008
    I bet youre looking for this insane one:
    This one's pretty tricky! It's only available during normal play, before Cool Tapes is sabotaged (and before you've created the Teen Girl Squad using the coloring book), but after you've given Marzipan the two instant camera photos of whale and pond abuse. Grab the coloring book at the D.O.I. stage, and turn hints all the way up to "High". Go to the Two-o-Duo stage and click on an object (the banner with the band name should do the trick) repeatedly, approximately 10-15 times, until Strong Bad gives you a hint. He will say something along the lines of "The Teen Girl Squad would love this".
  • edited November 2008
    I sincerely hope that this is a joke.

That... I'm so sorry jake, but that has completely crossed the line, and gone on to win a 100 mile triathlon on top of it. That is way too obscure!

There is being sneaky, off the wall, random, and vague... But making us enable help mode? (when 95% of us deactivate it?)

Wow, I'm speechless... :eek:

All I can say is... Boo! :mad: (Oh, and that you guys are going to get a lot of shit from this one.)

P.S. Don't EVER hide a bonus point in help mode again!
  • JakeJake Telltale Alumni
    edited November 2008
    Hah I didn't put it there. I stole that from the to-be-published awesomeness guide.
  • edited November 2008
    I have a save from the begining of band portion (before i sabotaged any of the bands) but I can't get any of the hints to play...

Changing the hint level did nothing.
  • edited November 2008
    Ugh, I hate to say it, but it worked. Though I didn't have the coloring book when I heard the hint. This has to be the most disappointed I've been to find the last point in a game.

Edit: I got the message with the coloring book too. You may have to repeat the item clicking process several times to get to the line that gives you the final point.
  • edited November 2008
    Yeah it worked for me too, I had to reboot the game for the hints to work.

Still disappointing...
This discussion has been closed.