Two issues with Strong Bad Episode 3: Baddest of the Bands

edited December 2008 in Game Support
The first issue is when I try to load the game I get two Microsoft Visual C++ Runtime Library errors popping up. Both state the same thing which is "Runtime Error! Program: C:\Program Files(x86)\Telltalegames\.. R6034 An Application has made an attempt to load the C runtime library incorrectly. Please contact the applications support team for more information." After these two error messages I get the telltale games splash page where you can launch the game. I was able to play the game on this computer about a week ago with no issues. I am going to try to install on another computer to see if I get the same issue. My system specs of my computer where I am getting the error message are: HP Pavilion dv7 Notebook PC - Intel Core 2 Duo p8400 2.26 GHz 2.27 Ghz, with 4 GB of ram, 64-bit Windows Vista Home Premium, with a NVIDIA GeForce 9600M GT graphics card. The other computer I am going to try it on is an Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600, 64-bit Windows Vista Ultimate with 6 GB of Ram, and a Visiontek ATI Radeon HD 4870 X2. I am also going to try to reinstall the program on my laptop.

My Second issue is also on my notebook and might be related to the other issue. I sometime local vocal audio ingame. I still have the background music, and sound effects, but no vocals. I can see Strongbad talking, but I am not hearing his voice.

I will try installing on my other computer, and reinstalling on my notebook and I will make another post with my findings.

Thanks
Josh

Comments

• edited November 2008
    I have not encountered the issue on my other computer, and I tried reinstalling on my notebook to no avail. I have fully uninstalled and ran a registry cleaning program and going to restart and reinstall next. Any other suggestions to try?
  • WillWill Telltale Alumni
    edited November 2008
    Hey Josua, I can't really help you with the runtime error (that's the territory of the wrapper guys), but I have heard the vocal issue once or twice before on this episode. It seems that certain vista computers with certain sound cards will randomly lose voices (particularly when a lot of stuff is going on).

I do know that if you save and quit, the audio always seems to return. Also, you can try turning all of your in-game audio settings to off and then back on to see if that does anything, but I can't guarantee that it will work. I'm looking into other ways around this, but at the moment it all points to crappy vista sound drivers.
  • edited December 2008
    Yeah, I'm having this issue too. Speciffically, when I talk to Bubs while he's erecting the stage I get no dialouge at all, and in the locker room, but only the lockers themselves and Coach Z's office, or anything related to them. But without making any changes (volume levels, exiting and restarting), I get voice elsewhere.

Vista 32 bit home professional, HdAudio.sys version 6.00.5840.16387 using Sigma Tel HD onboard audio.
This discussion has been closed.