Sam & Max: Abe Lincoln Must Die frozen

edited November 2008 in Game Support
At the very beginning of the game when you have to go into the White house when I go in it freezes. I tried 4 times to make it work but I can't get past that part.
I even uninstalled and re-downloaded the game but it didn't work. Help Me!

Brand: EMachine T6534
CPU:AMD Athlon 64 3700+ processor
Ram:2.2GHz
windows XP Home Edition
nVida GeForce 6100 GPU

Comments

• edited November 2008
    How much RAM do you have? 2Ghz sounds weird, do you mean 2Gb (Gigabyte) ?

I ask 'cos your graphics card uses that mainmemory as well and if you have the minimum config of that model you'd have only 512MB memory.

I think you're running low on memory (if you really do have 512MB add an additional 512MB at the minimum)
  • WillWill Telltale Alumni
    edited November 2008
    Ok, the first thing you need to do is try updating your DirectX and your graphics drivers. For the drivers, I'm willing to bet good money that emachines use a special driver. So you might want to go to their website and see if they have any updates for your graphics driver.
  • edited November 2008
    I don't know how much memory there is. I just saw 2.2GHz on the box so I guess it has nothing to do with it. Actually I went back and looked and it says 200 gigabytes, sorry.
  • edited November 2008
    jrintelman wrote: »
    I don't know how much memory there is. I just saw 2.2GHz on the box so I guess it has nothing to do with it. Actually I went back and looked and it says 200 gigabytes, sorry.

Hehe.. No, that's the harddisk space most likely. Right-click on 'My Computer' and choose 'properties'. On that General tab you will see something like 2.2Ghz, X.XX Gb (or Mb) of RAM. That's the line you want.
This discussion has been closed.