Help? (Launch Game button not displaying in wrapper)

edited December 2010 in Game Support
I downloaded Homestar Ruiner 10 minutes ago, and installed it, and everything was fine. But, whenever I start up the game, a window comes up saying "Homestar Ruiner", with "Unable to access community content" underneath. I have no idea what this means, and I think it's stopping me from playing the game- there's no 'play' button or anything. Can anyone help?

Thanks.

Comments

• edited November 2008
    Okay, that just means it won't access the forums on the game, it usually does but not all the time. Your game is working, have you tried clicking on the blue bar that says: Play the Game?
  • edited November 2008
    I would, if there was one- where is it normally? 'Cause there's nothing here...
  • edited November 2008
    Um, above the box saying:
    Unable to Access Community Content, and I was wrong, it's Launch Game.
  • edited November 2008
    Ah, well then, there's something wrong here.

There's no bar- I just see the grass. It looks like there should be a bar there, but it's not. So, err... I dunno? :confused:
  • edited November 2008
    Well here's an image of what it should look like:
    Support.jpg?t=1225880719
  • edited November 2008
    Oh, crap. mine is missing "Launch Game!" And "On the Forums". And "The Latest Comics". And "New in the Blog"... and, yep, "Support".

Now that I look closer, I don't even have "We're having trouble connecting etc. etc.". :confused:
  • edited November 2008
    Crap is indeed, right... I don't really know what else I can help you with, you may have to wait for Jake or tabacco, or someone. But I suggest restarting, have you turned off your computer sense this happened?
  • edited November 2008
    Ah, well, thanks for the quick help! I was scared I had screwed something up or something. Which I might have. But, anyway, thanks for showing me what it was meant to look like! :D
  • edited November 2008
    Your welcome, also try restarting, that helps me with a lot of problems.
  • edited November 2008
    maybe this should have been posted in the technical support forum..so the right people get to see it right away. anyway, sooner or later someone from telltale will read this..so don't fear.
  • EmilyEmily Telltale Alumni
    edited November 2008
    Try clicking in the area where the button should be - does the game launch?

Don't worry about the "unable to access community content" message, that won't prevent you from playing.
  • edited November 2008
    Also a lot of problems with the wapper, i.e. you don't see anything, is due to java malfunctioning on your computer or having it turned off through IE. You should check your settings in IE to make sure javascript is working as it should.
  • edited November 2008
    Javascript, actually. Although some problems are due to overaggressive firewalls or sometimes just corrupted IE installs. Sadly, there's an amazing number of things that can keep IE from working properly.

If you're seeing the problem I think you are, though, you should just be able to click where the button should be, and it should work fine.
  • edited December 2010
    I have the same problem and though I used to be able to click on the blank space now even that doesn't work. Is there some way I can send you my IE settings and you can tell me what the problem is? Also does the new beta of IE9 fix it?
This discussion has been closed.