Native Resolution

edited November 2008 in Game Support
Just a suggestion,

If you're going to start up by default in fullscreen mode on a PC, why not query the system to determine what resolution the system is currently running at and use that when you start, instead of switching to 640x480 at first launch and forcing the user to go into Settings and choose their preferred (usually LCD native) resolution?

I have seen this behavior on all the Sam & Max games I own, and the SBCG4AP games.

Comments

• edited November 2008
    Because not all users' systems can run games at their display's native resolution :)
  • JakeJake Telltale Alumni
    edited November 2008
    In Sam & Max Season Two, if you set a resolution once it should carry across the entire season.

Strong Bad should work that way as well, but that may not have been picked up in episode one, accidentally. (I'm not sure)

But yeah, as Doug points out, not everyone can run the game well at their native resolution. My PC at home's native resolution is 1920x1200, which is great for Photoshop, but I don't think my aging video card could pull off rendering the game reliably at that resolution.
  • edited November 2008
    Jake wrote: »
    In Sam & Max Season Two, if you set a resolution once it should carry across the entire season.

Strong Bad should work that way as well, but that may not have been picked up in episode one, accidentally. (I'm not sure)

Has that been working for everybody else? I've noticed when I first installed the last couple games they noticeably start in 640x480, yet in the settings my typical resolution (1440x900) is selected, so I can't select that resolution until I set it to something else first. Also it starts with the graphics level high when I normally keep it low. Not a big deal but unusual.
This discussion has been closed.