I'd like to talk about "A Glitch in Time"...

edited November 2008 in Sam & Max
I tend to do this with cartoons a lot. Especially time-travel ones. Please don't hate me. XD
Did anyone else dwell on this episode after watching it? There are a couple of things I noticed while watching this.
1. How did Max still have the time-travel watch after he screwed up the time-line? Sam was the one that gave it to him in the first place, and if Sam wasn't his friend anymore, who gave it to him?
2. I just have to bring up "Chariots of the Dogs". If you haven't finished playing at least the demo, you probably shouldn't read ahead. Yes, that's right, there are SPOILERS! I thought Max swore off time-traveling in "A Glitch in Time", so why did he agree to time-travel? And since he DID agree, you'd think he'd be more careful, right? Losing his best friend is one of the few things he's actually serious about.
3. In an interview that someone sent me, it said that Sam and Max met in the third grade, yet they looked a lot younger than that in "A Glitch in Time". Do they just look like really small third-graders, or did they actually meet sooner than they said?
Well, I'm going to stop talking now. ;)

Comments

• edited November 2008
    Maxilyah wrote: »
    I tend to do this with cartoons a lot. Especially time-travel ones. Please don't hate me. XD
    Did anyone else dwell on this episode after watching it?
    Yes. I love time travel plots. I was more fixated on Chariots of the Dogs, though.

And nobody hate me for being this nerdy about a couple of silly comic book characters, either.
    There are a couple of things I noticed while watching this.
    1. How did Max still have the time-travel watch after he screwed up the time-line? Sam was the one that gave it to him in the first place, and if Sam wasn't his friend anymore, who gave it to him?
    Same reason he could still remember growing up and being fake policemen with Sam even though Sam didn't remember that at all. Um... Maybe the time travelling watch protected Max from being changed by the alterations to his past? Or he might have got the watch a different way in this timeline.
    2. I just have to bring up "Chariots of the Dogs". If you haven't finished playing at least the demo, you probably shouldn't read ahead. Yes, that's right, there are SPOILERS! I thought Max swore off time-traveling in "A Glitch in Time", so why did he agree to time-travel? And since he DID agree, you'd think he'd be more careful, right? Losing his best friend is one of the few things he's actually serious about.
    You can use spoiler tags to hide spoilers. Just type
    this is a spoiler
    , without the space in
    . Like this:
    this is a spoiler

Anyway, I think the cartoon happened in an alternate continuity to the others. They don't swear or use guns often, the building their office is in has a model of Max on the top, and the events of the cartoon are never referred to in the Telltale games, which do refer to Hit the Road and the comics. Also, Bad Day on the Moon can't have happened twice in slightly different ways.

So I think Max didn't bring up a Glitch in the Time in Chariots of the Dogs because it never happened. Or he just forgot about it due to his poor memory and attention span.
    3. In an interview that someone sent me, it said that Sam and Max met in the third grade, yet they looked a lot younger than that in "A Glitch in Time". Do they just look like really small third-graders, or did they actually meet sooner than they said?
    I'm not good at judging ages, so I thought they really were eight. I don't really have anything else to say about that.

Also, those non anthropomorphised rabbits were kind of creepy looking.
  • edited November 2008
    It's a cartoon - is my answer.
  • edited November 2008
    I made a post that kinda covers this, apparently the comics/games/cartoons cant reference stuff from each other because the separate companies can sue for copyright infringement. Thats why some characters from the cartoon and the comics/HTR arent in the telltale games or each others material. Hope this helps.
Sign in to comment in this discussion.