Dangeresque 3 bug report

edited November 2008 in Game Support
Well, another episode... another stupid and painfully-obvious state error that somehow made it into the final game.

After you get the hair from marzipan, click on the window for a second time, she will look out again as if the plant was still in the pond... then in the following scene after she is kidnapped, you can STILL hear her calling out to the plant! (its even in my save game, I can't shut her up.)

Only an hour in and already I find yet another bug like this... Sloppy telltale, real sloppy, and its getting old.

http://i33.tinypic.com/5qiht.jpg

Comments

• EmilyEmily Telltale Alumni
    edited November 2008
    Huh. Thought we fixed that one, but apparently not.

Thanks for reporting it, we'll get it fixed for the next update!
  • edited November 2008
    That window thing is really irritating, enough so that I started over when I got it. When I started over I noticed that if you answer the phone twice before answering to door to let Renaldo in, Dangeresque still looks at and gestures to Renaldo when he's on the call even though Renaldo's not there.
  • ShauntronShauntron Telltale Alumni
    edited November 2008
    Fooey wrote: »
    I noticed that if you answer the phone twice before answering to door to let Renaldo in, Dangeresque still looks at and gestures to Renaldo when he's on the call even though Renaldo's not there.

Coach Z was filming that particular shot, which is why he dropped the camera and walked over to Strong Bad during his annoying phone conversation. It's an intentional out take :3

You can also do this later in the game after [Act 3 spoilers]
    Renaldo gets kidnapped
  • edited November 2008
    mine blue screens in the opening intro so i'm sure it's my 5 year old comp
  • WillWill Telltale Alumni
    edited November 2008
    Hey clone, you could try updating your video card drivers. That's the most likely culprit
  • edited November 2008
    That bug with Marzipan and the window just happened with me as well.
    I guess I'll just not have her look out the window a second time.

Edit: If you click on the window after she's been captured but before looking at the VCR, the scene with the plant in the pond happens anyway, despite Marzipan being gone, resulting in the same bug.
    If you look at the window after looking at the VCR though, it seems to be correct.
  • edited November 2008
    After you put the flower on the podium in Paris, the voices don't work for the opening conversation with Strong Sad or when you click on his picture in dialogue to get the same conversation.
  • edited November 2008
    I have had a lot of problems running dangeresque 3. I have found 3 problems.

1. Sometimes after talking to Dr. Experimento when i get to my map I can't access brainblow city.

2. Other times when I talk to the drive thru whale I lose all access to Map and inventory,

3. And finally, after I exit the game the screen gets blury.

All of the above bugs are making the game unplayable for me!:mad:
    I don't know if it is the computer or the game. I'm using an earlier version of windows,windows Xp, but all the episodes before work fine.
  • edited November 2008
    Next up... Dangeresque faces off against the ghost of his Nunchuck gun.

caused by skipping the cardgage dialog (when you aim the gun at him) then return later.

http://i36.tinypic.com/205wf37.png
  • edited November 2008
    Hiya Telltale,

I've just found a bug in the PC version of Dangeresque 3, it's a bit hard to find, I'll try to describe it but apologies if the directions aren't up to snuff.
    1. Go to "Ireland".
    2. Pull out the metal detector and start using it.
    3. Walk to the far right hand side of Ireland, in the bottom-right of the bit you can walk on the cursor will turn to a triangle. Edit: After looking a little more, I've also noticed it does this elsewhere in Ireland, if you click around Strong Bad's feet, didn't seem to do this before I found it for the first time though.
    4. Click. Strong Bad will put away the metal detector, then pull it out again and just carry it around while he walks, it looks as if he's digging at the ground with it.
    5. Click the metal detector in the inventory and it'll go away, it can be pulled back out as normal and has no noticeable effect afterwards.

Thanks for putting out some seriously awesome games, both series of Sam & Max as well as SBCGFAP have had me totally hooked. Really looking forward to the Series Trog-finale! :)
  • edited November 2008
    Gah. I found another couple glitches in the Wii version I thought I'd report on, all glitches occuring with the metal detector.

* Not sure if he does it anywhere else, but when in "Venice" and having the metal detector out, if you click a certain way on the ground, Strong Bad puts the metal detector away and pulls it back out, only without the "Detecting" sounds.

* Using the metal detector again, this time in "Borneo", I clicked on the "Quicksand" on accident. Strong Bad proceeded to talk about it, as he usually does when it's clicked on, but when it returned to the gameplay, I lost access to the drop down menus with inventory, map and photo options, and the overall game options button, completely.
  • edited November 2008
    Ok, I'm not sure where this should be reported so feel free to move it if its in the wrong place.

So if you click on the window in the office when cutsy has been kidnapped (when the TV is in the room and she isn't), Strong Bad will talk to here as if she is there (repeating his "seriously, look outside" lines). If you have done this, Marzipan will continue to talk to Credenza (the plant) along the lines of "Hang on to the edge."

This continues into extended play and makes it impossible to access the Outtake of coach z in the shark pond.

Just though I should share.

P.S. There is also a "phantom" hotspot at the edge of Marizipan's house. Its the height of the last window and extends from the window to the edge of the house.
  • edited November 2008
    seems i spoke too soon, just found it reported elsewhere. whoops.
  • edited November 2008
    Tau/Tigz wrote: »
    Hiya Telltale,

I've just found a bug in the PC version of Dangeresque 3, it's a bit hard to find, I'll try to describe it but apologies if the directions aren't up to snuff.
    1. Go to "Ireland".
    2. Pull out the metal detector and start using it.
    3. Walk to the far right hand side of Ireland, in the bottom-right of the bit you can walk on the cursor will turn to a triangle. Edit: After looking a little more, I've also noticed it does this elsewhere in Ireland, if you click around Strong Bad's feet, didn't seem to do this before I found it for the first time though.
    4. Click. Strong Bad will put away the metal detector, then pull it out again and just carry it around while he walks, it looks as if he's digging at the ground with it.
    5. Click the metal detector in the inventory and it'll go away, it can be pulled back out as normal and has no noticeable effect afterwards.

Thanks for putting out some seriously awesome games, both series of Sam & Max as well as SBCGFAP have had me totally hooked. Really looking forward to the Series Trog-finale! :)

Me too. With the phantom Marizipan thing too. I also noticed some "hotspot" on marizipan's house its just to the right of the last window. Its the same height as said window as extends from the window to the edge of the house.
  • edited November 2008
    Got another painfull bug...

If you dig up the bullet by the gremlin before the "car chase"... Then during the carchase the pile of dirt will cover the camera and obscure most of the shots, like this one...

qog8qs.png
  • edited November 2008
    This is one I encountered:
    When playing cards against Perducci, after playing the second card the cursor dot would instead look like the icon for the last card you played, except if you got over a clickable spot it would behave normally and turn into a triangle.
This discussion has been closed.