opens for a second then closes

edited November 2008 in Game Support
i just downloaded dangeresque 3 and installed it. but when i open it, the screen goes black for a couple seconds then closes. direct X and everything is 100% up to date, and it still wont go! i even reinstalled it twice! all the other episodes work just fine! any ideas on how to get it to work?

EDIT: just tryed a previous episode and it didnt work. when i played them a few weeks ago they were fine

Comments

• WillWill Telltale Alumni
    edited November 2008
    Sounds like something has broken with your settings. Your best bet is to go through and re-update directX and your video card, just in case something has corrupted one of them.
  • edited November 2008
    Will wrote: »
    Sounds like something has broken with your settings. Your best bet is to go through and re-update directX and your video card, just in case something has corrupted one of them.

well, i did get a graphics driver update yesterday. it may have messed things up. how do you uninstall drivers?
  • WillWill Telltale Alumni
    edited November 2008
    Not exactly easy to do I'm afraid. Go to Control Panel, System, then in System open up Device Manager in the Hardware tab. In there under Display Adapter, open up the properties for your video card and go to the driver tab. In there you can either uninstall your driver or roll it back.

If that doesn't work, you may consider updating your drivers to the Omega Drivers version. They are a third party company, but many people have used their drivers before to solve various and sundry problems like this. They tend to be pretty reliable.
This discussion has been closed.