SBCG4AP saves question

edited November 2008 in Game Support
So this is kindof a weird question, but I installed and played the first three episodes of SBCG4AP and collected all the costume elements for them. Then I reformatted my hard drive. The save files and preferences are all still intact in the same directory, but the costume items didn't transfer when I started episode 4. What do I need to do here?

Comments

• edited November 2008
    Sadly the costumes are written to the registry to be carried over and are independent from the saves. You can try loading up the old saves and that might write them to the registry otherwise you will have to collect them again. Sorry.
  • edited November 2008
    Okay, that didn't work. I really don't want to play the games again right now, so since it's stored in the registry, is there any chance you could make a .reg file and email it to me?
  • WillWill Telltale Alumni
    edited November 2008
    I'm not sure, but you may be able to load up the final save from each episode and then go into the photo booth. That *might* write the data to registry, but I'm not sure.
  • langleylangley Telltale Alumni
    edited November 2008
    Sadly, I don't believe so. Costume data is only written to the registry when you unlock it by finding it in the world.

Maybe someone else on the board will be kind enough to offer you their reg file, but unless you're proficient in all things Windows, editing the registry can be a risky venture... it scares me, that's for sure.
  • edited November 2008
    Well then could you just do me one favor, and tell me where in the registry it's stored?
  • edited November 2008
    They seem to be in HKEY_CURRENT_USER/Software/Telltale Games/HomestarRunner

Or however you write registry entries.

Dan
  • edited November 2008
    Yeah. And in that folder, could you list all the names of the entries? I know one of them is "blackKnitCap".

Make sure you capitalize correctly.
This discussion has been closed.