Invisible Strong Bad in SBCG4AP Ep. 1 (PC) - Please help!

edited November 2008 in Game Support
Hello, I am playing Strong Bad's Cool Game For Attractive people Episode 1: Home Star Ruiner on Windows XP. It is Service Pack 3. I don't know what version of DivX I have. My video card is a NVIDIA GeForce 8400 GS. I have been to Strong Bad's house in the game for a few times, no problem... Though one time I went and it showed the whole house and you could see inside Strong Sad's room. But then I saved and now when I go to "House of Strong Bad", I don't see Strong Bad and when I click on stuff, he says "Awesome" or "Intriguing" or "Not so Intriguing". What do I do? Can you help? :confused:
It would be greatly appreciated. :)

-Pizza Dude

Comments

• WillWill Telltale Alumni
    edited November 2008
    Hmm, this is the first time I've heard of that happening on the PC. Unfortunately, there isn't anything you can do to fix the problem once it has happened, other than loading an old save (made before the game freaked out). If you go to the house and it happens again, your save wasn't old enough. If you don't have a save from before the break, I'm afraid you will have to start over.
  • edited November 2008
    I got the game today and it is my first save. Any suggestions on preventing this from happening?
    edited November 2008
    I'm afraid not, no, as we were never able to figure out what was causing the problem in the first place. It should be sufficiently rare that you should never see it again. The one thing I can say is never use your map or save while Lappy is open, but that should be impossible. Theoretically.
  • edited November 2008
    Do I have to check my email on the Lappy to get to a part in the game?
  • edited November 2008
    No. After the initial intro email the lappy doesn't unlock any locations it just contains some funny emails.
    edited November 2008
    and the lappy is fine so long as you exit out of it normally. It isn't like you need to avoid it or anything.
This discussion has been closed.