Details that people might forget, don't notice or just don't know about The Walking Dead

Comments

• DINGDINGDINGDINGDING!!!

Er.... probably killed the zombie and helped the bite victim or at least make sure they didn't turn?

• You using Jane as an example is technically a self-defeating argument, but I'll bite: in the instance I saw someone being overwhelmed by a walker, I would like to think that I'd try to save them or at least make sure they (and the walker in question) won't have to worry about looking for someone else to bite/eat--especially if it's someone I'd be inclined to help by default(as long as that list is, just assume that'd be +75% of the people I come across). This is why its good to keep a gun or some other long-range weapon handy, which I'm pretty sure Jane has a full holster for at one point in that episode.

Btw, the joke in that instance is that Jane runs before the Nick-killer lifts her up. Thank you, youngandyoungatheart!

Flog61 posted: »

What do you think she should have done in that situation? If you saw Jane die here with her neck being torn off with no hope of survival, would you have stormed out and beat up the zombie or retreated behind cover?

• Blasphemy

dojo32161 posted: »

Ben is best character and you know it.

• That's a funny way of spelling "You are absolutely correct, dojo."

xxplvb posted: »

Blasphemy

• is there any way to sort the posts in this thread by 'likes'?

Unfortunately no, but that is a great idea. Telltale, hire this guy right now.

-Stewart- posted: »

I'm new here, is there any way to sort the posts in this thread by 'likes'? I'd like to see the best things that people have listed, but can

• I don't remember that zombie

DabigRG posted: »

No because it's already taken.

• I want moar concept art. I want an art book. I want concept art of the 400 days characters, damn it.

• I am not sure about the origins of the picture, but it appears to be concept art for the controversial character of Season Two, Arvo. It

• Arvo is best character, search in your heart, you know it to be true.

Megaodg33 posted: »

Fuck Arvo

• Agreed.

Louche posted: »

I want moar concept art. I want an art book. I want concept art of the 400 days characters, damn it.

• It's the one that canonically kills Nick: that's why it has blood on its mouth before it bites Clementine.

Louche posted: »

I don't remember that zombie

• Arvo [Satan] is the spawn of the devil, the antichrist, he is the beast; 666. Fuck Arvo.

dojo32161 posted: »

Arvo is best character, search in your heart, you know it to be true.

• Javi has a car fetish

• For some reason this isn't in Jesse's portfolio.

enter image description here

And it looks like it was supposed the night time at the gas-tank-removal part... also it looks like the tank has already fallen flat on the tracks.

• edited January 2017

This is in regard to the nighttime gas tank segment concept art by @TheMPerson!

In one of the shots of the debut trailer of the series, part of the group—namely Glenn, Lilly, Lee, Kenny, Ben and Doug—are sitting around a campfire in the woods; to the right we can see the train, and to the left we can see the RV.

picture

From this, we can assume that, from the bandit attack onwards, "Long Road Ahead" would all take place at night. The argument on the side of road; the encounter with the train and Chuck; Duck's death and Katjaa's suicide; the appearance of Christa and Omid; the gas tank situation itself, for which we have proof; Omid's leg injury; and also the Christa or Omid decision of whom to aid.

The fact that "Long Road Ahead" used to happen at night explains why it is dawn by the end of the episode and why Lee comments that Clementine has gone without sleep longer than usual even though it was day during the last scene. It also explains why daytime in "Around Every Corner" is so damn long.

The nighttime to daytime change appears to have been factored in late in the developing process, leading to the inconsistencies mentioned above.

TheMPerson posted: »

For some reason this isn't in Jesse's portfolio. And it looks like it was supposed the night time at the gas-tank-removal part... also it looks like the tank has already fallen flat on the tracks.

• I think I posted this before, but 219 goddamn pages remind me how lazy I am.

d

When you stay silent in the cabin during Carver's investigations, he gets worried that Clem is hard of hearing.

• namely Glenn, Lilly, Lee, Kenny, Ben and Doug—

Looks more like Mark, as far as I can tell.

From this, we can assume that, from the bandit attack onwards, "Long Road Ahead" would all take place at night
    The nighttime to daytime change appears to have been factored in late in the developing process, leading to the inconsistencies mentioned above.

I think that may have been done for the sake of the mood. After all, a lot of sad stuff happens around Chuck's introduction and before Christa and Omid's, so maybe they put all that during the day to make them feel like a sign of hope or something.

This is in regard to the nighttime gas tank segment concept art by @TheMPerson! In one of the shots of the debut trailer of the series, p

• That's actually a decent idea. I agree.

-Stewart- posted: »

I'm new here, is there any way to sort the posts in this thread by 'likes'? I'd like to see the best things that people have listed, but can

• Also, if Nick was already killed in Episode 2, there's no blood on the walker's mouth.

It's the one that canonically kills Nick: that's why it has blood on its mouth before it bites Clementine.

• In season two ep one Roman from Shel's story from four hundred days is one of the dead guys you find at the river, or someone who took his jacket.

• Yeah. There's a pic of that in an older topic.

RichWalk23 posted: »

Also, if Nick was already killed in Episode 2, there's no blood on the walker's mouth.

• The expression on his face is legitimately funny.

fallandir posted: »

I think I posted this before, but 219 goddamn pages remind me how lazy I am. When you stay silent in the cabin during Carver's investigations, he gets worried that Clem is hard of hearing.

• edited January 2017

I thought it was Ben left of the guy with his back turned, but looks more like doug when I take a closer look.

Guy with back turned could be anyone.

namely Glenn, Lilly, Lee, Kenny, Ben and Doug— Looks more like Mark, as far as I can tell. From this, we can assume that, from

• Guy with back turned could be anyone.

Except Ben, since he seems to have a moderate body type compared to Ben's tall lankiness.

Nikolaj-11 posted: »

I thought it was Ben left of the guy with his back turned, but looks more like doug when I take a closer look. Guy with back turned could be anyone.

• edited January 2017

Unlike Kenny and Lilly, Lee doesn't get covered in Larry's blood when he tried to revive him with CPR.

God forbid we had characters with stained clothes.

• It practically screams feigning concern.

The expression on his face is legitimately funny.

• I know, right? He looks like Bill Clinton's apology vid.

RichWalk23 posted: »

It practically screams feigning concern.

• I really liked the kitchen scene because it gives you alternate dialogue wheels based on the first response you give him.

<3 determinant conversation pieces

fallandir posted: »

I think I posted this before, but 219 goddamn pages remind me how lazy I am. When you stay silent in the cabin during Carver's investigations, he gets worried that Clem is hard of hearing.

• Easily the best scene with him.

I really liked the kitchen scene because it gives you alternate dialogue wheels based on the first response you give him. determinant conversation pieces

• THERE'S AN ENTIRE SUBREDDIT DEDICATED TO HOW MUCH ARVO SUCKS LOL THIS MADE MY FUCKING DAY

Megaodg33 posted: »

Fuck Arvo

• Jane is swinging around and Sarah is screaming like a baby in that scene

Poogers555 posted: »

So I was rewatching Sarah's second death in season 2 where you tell Jane to help Sarah and... I dont see anything ironic here at all.

• edited January 2017

Bill: Season 1 is a master race according to the internet so let's do S1 again and save money
    Ben: But sir it's not creative-
    Bill: Ben this entire season is not supposed to be creative get back to work

• edited January 2017

Posting this on Details from another thread on someone else's suggestion. Even if you don't agree with the theory itself, there might be some details here to get you to think about.

I'm about to drop the hottest theory of 2017. This makes R+L=J look like chump change. Check it:

Pete was a traitor to the Cabin Group.

A well intentioned traitor, of course. Basically it all stems from this weird line you can get from Carver right here.

But following the rabbit hole a little deeper...

What motivation would Pete have to 'betray' the Cabin Group and in what form? Setting the time back at Howes prior to the group's attempted escape from Carver - Rebecca is trying to convince others to leave since she can't stand Carver anymore and wants to leave with Alvin. Rebecca involves Luke in the conspiracy, who is obviously close friends with Nick who is convinced to get out.

Pete, when approached about this, is mostly unsure and thinks that Rebecca's baby - should it survive - would be in more danger out in the wilds than in Howes. In essence, he has a Bonnie-like mentality. But as a parallel to Bonnie, he actually goes through with the escape under the pretence that he has to be around to help keep the Cabin Group safe since Rebecca and others are determined to escape no matter what.

As a member at Howes, it's possible that Pete may have had access to a radio. For one reason or another, maybe through absent-mindedness, he picked one up amongst the supplies he took from Howes. At some point, communication may have been established between Pete and Carver again through the radios. Because Pete was already feeling bad about forcefully fleeing Carver's base (which may or may not have resulted in the death of innocents such as George), it could be possible that Carver persuaded him to keep tabs on what the Cabin Group were doing in exchange for Carver not bringing his group to chase down the Cabin Group. Pete agrees, and Carver stays at arms length for a while.

Why would Carver agree to this, though? Assuming Pete gave him information such as their general whereabouts, why not just storm the Cabin Group like he did at the Ski-Lodge and take them that way? Maybe because Carver didn't want a bunch of ungrateful ingrates back at his community, yet he didn't want to massacre them because it would look bad in front of whoever followed him (i.e Bonnie, Troy, Johnny). In this hypothetical scenario, I think it's possible that Carver would have waited until Rebecca had the baby under Carlos' supervision, then stolen the baby away from them at their most vulnerable. He only really seemed to care about Carlos as a 'friend' anyway, so I doubt he held much love for the rest of the group.

Fast forward to when the group arrive at the cabin. A good system gets set up - fish traps and close proximity to the river allow for good access to food and water. It's in the country, so lurkers aren't a huge issue. Pete even mentions in one of the hidden kitchen conversations that there are "more fish in the traps than we could ever eat." With this hint, Carver's group could even set up camp in proximity to the Cabin Group and stay long-term. Pete could coordinate future scavenges so that they could avoid running into Carver's group and spooking the Cabin Group into running off again. Carver could instruct Pete to contact Carver at specific times in order to avoid any suspicions that Pete is double-crossing Carver (irony) and attempting to slip out from his grasp. And with the radio, Pete can communicate when others are heading out so that his and Carver's group don't accidentally intercept each other. All the while ticking down to the inevitable pregnancy where a resolution of some kind can be reached.

Then Clementine happens.

Between Pete and Clementine, it's likely that Pete would have taken Clementine's story at face value and refused to join in with Rebecca and Nick's accusations. Not out of his good conscience but because he knows that Carver wouldn't send her. There would be no point to it if Pete was giving him everything that Carver needed. Perhaps Pete even confirmed this with Carver on the same night he met Clementine, and this could provide some dimension behind some lines that Carver can say to Clem when he meets her. "Carley... That's a sweet name." But not her name. Because Carver already knows who she is from Pete. "Clementine. Well you look just like a Clementine." Y'know. Because she matches the description that Pete gave her.

With the conversation we overhear in the kitchen between the Cabin Group, it seems like Pete is... Remarkably neutral in the conversations - repeating stories and facts that have already been stated rather than bringing in any new arguments or taking a side. The only stance he really takes is insisting that the group can't just let Clementine die - this is his morals speaking - he knows she's innocent, is probably telling the truth about the bite and has nothing to do with Carver. Examples:

"She said she was with a friend and they got attacked." -Already repeated. Nothing new.
    "He (Carver) isn't the type to let things lie."
    "We can't just let her die. Not if there's something we can do about it."
    "Let's just say she's telling the truth and she doesn't turn. Then what?"

Luke: "Pete, you saw those lurkers, all right. That's more than we've seen in a while."
    Pete: "...Yeah. Seems like it's not as safe as it was. Least not when we found this place."

Carlos: "...But can we find somewhere else? I don't know."
    Pete: "You've seen what it's like out there."

Dem conflicting statements tho. It's almost as if he's observing... Not taking a side again.

"Look, we've had a good run here. But if it's time to move on, then I got no problem with it."

Maybe he's testing the waters so he can fully see what the opinion's of everyone else is? He probably needs all the information he needs. And what about Clementine? Notice how he interrupts Clementine after she's finished the telling of her story to Luke. He was listening in to her - as he probably had to for everyone else for a while now so he could be kept in the loop.

So, if we have the radio which is basically the key to this entire theory - where is it? We don't see it on Pete's person at all or anywhere in the cabin. Obviously Pete can't keep it on his person and risk being seen with it. Clementine knows about that in Episode 3. However, there is one thing in the entire cabin that has an interacting option that you can't get open.

That's right. The closet in the bedroom. It's locked. No doubt by the key that Pete always keeps so that no one can find the radio in there.

And how do we know that's Pete's bedroom? Because you can find the Gold Watch in there. And when you think about where every other cabin member quarters, it makes sense.

• Pete and Nick in the closet room.
    • Carlos and Sarah in the other upstairs bedroom.
    • Alvin and Rebecca in the downstairs bedroom.
    • Luke would sleep on the couch, hence the creases on Carlos' shirt there.

The next day, Pete gets bit and Clementine/Nick spend a day isolated from everyone else.

Carver gets nervous as he wonders what might have happened - Did the group make a run for it? Were they killed? Does this 'Clementine' have anything to do with it?

So of course he does what any sane man would do - stroll right up to the rebels' front door and knock on it with no backup - asking about them and simultaneously analysing Clementine to see if she had the capacity to have done anything with them, making his random, creepy questioning towards her at least a little more relevant and logical.

EDIT - As someone pointed out in a PM, how would the people who were shot by the stream factor into this (Roman and the bandit who's dying) it could be possible that the bandits were caught stealing food from the traps in the morning. So Carver and his group took them out but didn't have time to clear out the bodies since he knew that Pete would be coming to check on them in the morning. He left them there in panic. Obviously Pete disappearing straight after this event could have lead to his anxiety towards what happened with the Cabin Group.

One last thing. When Carver introduces his intentions to Clementine about his hunt for the Cabin Group, he infamously lists of every person except someone who was seemingly written out of the plot - Nick's Mom. The fact that Carver didn't bring her up was because he already knew she was dead from Pete. It would solve this 'plothole' once and for all.

Thanks for reading if you got this far.

• This would probably had been more appropriate for the Theories thread a few pages back.

Interesting--no one ever would've guessed. Guess that explains why Carver put him down.

Davissons posted: »

Posting this on Details from another thread on someone else's suggestion. Even if you don't agree with the theory itself, there might be som

• Good connections. I enjoy the contrast to, graphically but also in the minds of the characters. Nice find.

• Seems really far fetched to me.

Posting this on Details from another thread on someone else's suggestion. Even if you don't agree with the theory itself, there might be som

• edited January 2017

Just as far fetched as an 11 year old girl being able to infiltrate a building on her own with no knowledge as to the layout of the building or how many people are there, where they are or where their supplies are, then being able to return to a safe place and sewing up her arm to an adequate condition?

Just as far fetched as a person reuniting with a person they believed dead after 2 years despite all of the possible directions both people could have went in?

Just as far fetched as an 11 year old girl infiltrating an armed compound with nothing to defend herself and stealing valuable items right from under their nose?

Just as far fetched as surviving a point blank encounter from four hostile aliens three of which don't even understand you and have no business being in said country and having everyone on your side conveniently survive?

Just as far fetched as an 11 year old girl surviving certain hypothermia, a gunshot wound and a car crash in the middle of a blizzard and then going on to single-handedly take care of a baby for 2 years entirely on her own?

...I'm sure the answer to all of these is yes. I just wouldn't mind specifics as to what gives this feeling.

AgentZ46 posted: »

Seems really far fetched to me.

• My skepticism is mostly based on that most of this seems to be based on one piece of dialogue from Carver. I also don't really see Pete doing that, good intentions or not.

Just as far fetched as an 11 year old girl being able to infiltrate a building on her own with no knowledge as to the layout of the building

Sign in to comment in this discussion.