Details that people might forget, don't notice or just don't know about The Walking Dead

Comments

• They said it was the last season, didn't say a anything about no more spin-offs though ;)

TJ3046 posted: »

Exactly. I'm still hoping for a 20 episode DLC of Kenny sailing his boat north to fight white walkers and if it's a DLC then technically we don't have to call it another season.

• Wait, the scene wasn't supposed to be viewed that way? Does that mean javier isn't bisexual and he was just joking around? I'm so confused.

• Probably David. Once he appeared, he was a motivating force throughout the rest of the Season.

Not Clementine. The whole story was about Javier and his family. They may be friends, but Clem was not a part of that central focus of the story even if she played a relatively important part of the plot.

I think it's a sign of Season 3's weakness that it's not an easy, "Of course, X is the deutagonist."

We've yet to establish which of these four was A New Frontier's deutagonist. Kate, David, Gabe and Clem have varying relationships with the

• Wasn't meant to be viewedd as Jesus being a horndog.

Melton23 posted: »

Wait, the scene wasn't supposed to be viewed that way? Does that mean javier isn't bisexual and he was just joking around? I'm so confused.

• Asked this in my questions thread for you. While opinions are definitely gonna have a huge influence here, it should reveal some legitimate points here or there.

We've yet to establish which of these four was A New Frontier's deutagonist. Kate, David, Gabe and Clem have varying relationships with the

• Kenny's Boat Origami Kit - Build One Yourself!

I would buy that

fallandir posted: »

Ohh why do I get the feeling that once TT is done with "the final season" they will tease us with random shit additional content just to ear

• This isn't anything new but I've seen a bit of debate over the Lee scene in S2E5 on whether it was a dream or a flashback and I just want to confirm that it is indeed a flashback not a dream sequence.

enter image description here

• Good find!

Graysonn posted: »

This isn't anything new but I've seen a bit of debate over the Lee scene in S2E5 on whether it was a dream or a flashback and I just want to confirm that it is indeed a flashback not a dream sequence.

• I loled at vancomycin syringe plushie

Ohh why do I get the feeling that once TT is done with "the final season" they will tease us with random shit additional content just to ear

• Awesome!

DabigRG posted: »

Asked this in my questions thread for you. While opinions are definitely gonna have a huge influence here, it should reveal some legitimate points here or there.

• Then there is a plot hole.

Lee calls Katjaa a doctor even though she's a veterinarian.

This isn't anything new but I've seen a bit of debate over the Lee scene in S2E5 on whether it was a dream or a flashback and I just want to confirm that it is indeed a flashback not a dream sequence.

• A veterinarian is a type of doctor.

But yeah, it's a bit of a plot hole.

Then there is a plot hole. Lee calls Katjaa a doctor even though she's a veterinarian.

• Outstanding! AMAZING!

Awesome!

• Alrighty, I don't know if someone realized, but in TWD was always some significance hidden behind character's names. Not always, but sometimes it was on point.

Well in ANF it revolves around the Christianity, Bible and Hebrew beliefs, especially when it concerns the main group - the Garcias.

• Javier (Spanish from "Xavier") - the surname of the Jesuit priest Saint Francis Xavier, born in a village of this name. He was a missionary to India, Japan, China, and other areas in East Asia, and he is the patron saint of the Orient and missionaries. This name is popular chiefly among Catholics.

-> It could represent Javier's general goodness, his courage, loyalty, persistence.

• David - meaning "beloved". David was the second and greatest of the kings of Israel. He defeated Goliath, a giant Philistine. According to the New Testament, Jesus was descended from him. It's a very noble and honourable name, often given to kings and great leaders and warriors.

-> David as one of the leaders of Richmond/New Frontier, also the head of the family; fought with his bad nature (anger, recklessness, distrust, contempt) like historical David did with Goliath (Goliath representing bad side of David).

• Kate (from "Katherine") - probably related to "Katharsis" meaning "torture, pain, suffering"; it's the name 4th-century martyr who died on a spiked wheel.

-> Kate suffered from the bad marriage, also she's caught in between David-Javier fight. She's willingly taken the blame of destroying Richmond and decided to atone for this, even if that meant her death.

• Gabriel - meaning "God is my strong man" or "strength in God"; Gabriel was one of the seven archangels in Hebrew tradition, often appearing as a messenger of God. He is in both Old Testament and New Testament.

-> Hard one. Strenght could represent Gabe's change he goes through the season, going from whiny annoying child to a young man trying to fight for what he thinks is right.

• Mariana (from Marianna -> Maria -> Mary) - derived in part from "beloved" or "love", but given her story, it's also associated with pureness, innocence and devotion. This is the name of several New Testament characters, most importantly Mary the mother of Jesus; it was also Mary Magdalene, a woman cured of demons by Jesus.

-> Mariana's pure, innocent nature; she was loved by everyone and was a sweet little girl.

• Salvador - Spanish form of the Late Latin name Salvator, which meant "saviour".// Raphael (as called in the game files if I'm not mistaken) - meaning "God has healed". Raphael was the name of one of the seven archangels; he disguises himself as a human and accompanies Tobias on his journey to Media, aiding him along the way. In the end he cures Tobias's father Tobit of his blindness.

-> "Saviour" as a voice inside Javier's head/dreams, giving him pieces of advice and helping him whenever he was lost; also it's pretty ironic how he was associated with healing powers, yet in-game-character died from incurable cancer.

• Interesting trivia, man. I knew that David and Gabriel had Biblical connotations, but I didn't know that applied to almost all of the family.

Kate (from "Katherine") - probably related to "Katharsis" meaning "torture, pain, suffering"; it's the name 4th-century martyr who died on a spiked wheel.
    -> Kate suffered from the bad marriage, also she's caught in between David-Javier fight. She's willingly taken the blame of destroying Richmond and decided to atone for this, even if that meant her death.

Mariana (from Marianna -> Maria -> Mary) - derived in part from "beloved" or "love", but given her story, it's also associated with pureness, innocence and devotion. This is the name of several New Testament characters, most importantly Mary the mother of Jesus; it was also Mary Magdalene, a woman cured of demons by Jesus.
    -> Mariana's pure, innocent nature; she was loved by everyone and was a sweet little girl.

Definitely the most accurate, for better or worse.

Gabriel - meaning "God is my strong man" or "strength in God"; Gabriel was one of the seven archangels in Hebrew tradition, often appearing as a messenger of God. He is in both Old Testament and New Testament.
    -> Hard one. Strenght could represent Gabe's change he goes through the season, going from whiny annoying child to a young man trying to fight for what he thinks is right.

It could also be a reference to the fact that he usually sided with David's mindset due to over-idealizing him, even more or less acting as his missionary/advocate among the group.

Also, to be fair, Gabe was usually whiny because he felt like he was being held back from becoming that.

Alrighty, I don't know if someone realized, but in TWD was always some significance hidden behind character's names. Not always, but sometim

• Ben, lily, duck, Katjaa, and snowstorm flashbacks?

• The guy chasing Wyatt and Eddie in Wyatt's scenario is actually Nate. Unused dialogue would've made this more obvious.

• There's unused ''Next Time On TWD'' scene in Episode 3, in which Jane says ''Someone's watching us''.

• So, you know how Bonnie mentions baby formula? Well, apparently it was supposed to be shown.

• Kenny apparently told Walter about Katjaa and Duck, but not Sarita.

• Source?

Kenny apparently told Walter about Katjaa and Duck, but not Sarita.

• edited August 2017

Source?

• being kate is suffering

I like it

Alrighty, I don't know if someone realized, but in TWD was always some significance hidden behind character's names. Not always, but sometim

• He did seem to genuinely care about Walter and trust him.
    Too bad the writers didn't emphasize this in episode 3.

• edited August 2017

You're deflecting blame here, dude. If the executives didn't force Breckon to incorporate Jane into No Going Back, her actions would've still resulted in the group's fallout, as Arvo would still get stuck in the group getting beaten up by Kenny, Mike and maybe Bonnie would still do what they do, and Luke would be at a point where he'd be willing to fight Kenny due to Jane's influence. And Jane is still the catalyst of why all of them do it.

You make it sound like no one is in control of their actions, and that they're being puppetted by some short-haired skank. Who's deflecting blame?
    Technically you could say Arvo started it just by showing up with the meds, couldn't you?

I know.

You just have this irrational hatred. I'd understand if you were a kennyfan or maybe an uptight girl, but...

Kinda like Sarah, according to some.

well yeah, she can get kind of creepy on you when you reject being her friend in ep1

I suppose that's one way of putting it.

I've made worse analogies.

Not sure what you mean by that, but whatever.

hmm.

Those aren't racial slurs, though.

Women aren't a whole other race?
    Could have fooled me.

Yeah, I remember Kenny saying that in the truck and was just like "...Did he?"

Well, we agree on that at least. Even funnier if Ben didn't die in episode 5.
    "A lot of people died... like lee who was going to die anyway and me, except I got lucky. Oh wait."

"I got lucky. Real lucky." Not to mention getting his eye smashed in.

Well, yeah, that is probably the best little running joke on these forums so I can almost forgive it.
    As for the radio thing, maybe carver isn't all that strong? He's wearing a big bulky coat to cover his chicken arms. Heh.

Frankly, Kenny fans generally tend to praise him for things they criticize other characters for.

mmm, sounds familiar, mr loves sarah-who-puts-people-in-danger but hates Jane.

Come on, how can you not know this? And the "hilarious" sex joke Jane tells about sheep? That's a good one.

determine Jane's race.

...White?
    I feel like I should get this, but I don't.

I always took it more as an indication that Carver got so crazy over the years that the passion she had went away over time and so she's just a indifferent dullard doing her job now.

Yeah, could be, what's the time-skip from 400 days to season 2?

Cause she forced him to consider that he isn't able to keep the group safe and further put his own well-being into consideration. He still cared about the group because that's so ingrained in who he is and what he cares about, but not being able to save Sarah and Rebecca dying (in part because of Jane's influence, but that's not the point) meant his main goal was a near complete failure, hence his conversation with Clementine on the log.

you just had to shit on Jane again.
    well, that might make for a nice character arc for Luke if he didn't DIE the next day.

I'd find the interviews and link them, but my internet's a bit screwy at the moment.

This site is still screwy. "something went awry"
    who wrote that seriously

Yeah, well either way, the way she suddenly starts prattling on to Clem in episode 4 is kinda awkward and inconsistent with her portrayal in the previous episode. And she seems to think Clem is perfect and completely amazing.

Better or worse than in ANF?

Give me those examples of rewrites changing context. I'm not wracking my brain to think about them for ANF. Maybe season 2, but not ANF.

I wouldn't know, but your perception of reality is sometimes called into question, yes.

She was intelligent, just childish and naive. I dunno, I just have a hard time buying it.

No, she wasn't! And even if she was, being right doesn't make up for what she did.

that's subjective.
    well, except for the fact that I'm right.

That wouldn't work for her and it doesn't work for Kenny either.

After Reggie was gonna try to fix it! Face it, no matter who did what and why, Carver was deliberately changing the rules so he could get to hurt something. He did the same with Kenny as well.

Carver technically never lied, but you're right.
    I was going to suggest Reggie could have lived if he escaped with them, but then I remembered Reggie was totally set on living in the camp, so eh... this is kind of a gray area. If sarah hadn't screwed up, maybe he lives for a few days more? A week? Who knows.

Comparing Sarah might've been understandable in the moment, but Jane never owned up to the fact that Sarah was far more capable of recovering in the ridiculously short span of time she had than Jaime was over the course of months. I wish that wasn't the case and Jaime hadn't been abandoned, but that's what Jane gave us to work with.

Well, we're just going into speculation here. We have no idea what the long-term effects of Carlos death might have had on sarah, and we have no idea what Jaime may or may not have seen.
    And in any case, the game only had sarah "Recover" to kill her again, arguing about which character is at fault here just seems pointless. It's on the crappy writing.

Yeah, me neither. It was the wiki that pointed out the possibility and everything suddenly clicked.

ah, the wiki. gotta admire their obsessive shit.

Idk, I just assumed she admired him from a distance and he picked up on it at some point. And as I said before, given all the implied failed relationships, romantic or otherwise, that she had in the past, having Luke be a legitimately good person was something she really appreciated and was happy as long as he is happy.

Yeah, but she didn't go with him when they "escaped" Can't have been THAT great.
    I can't remember, did Bonnie ask where Luke was when they arrived at the lodge?

And thank goodness!

:smirk:

More like shoot her a few times and leave her there.

Jane never physically hurt kenny, how is that an eye for an eye?

Kenny was clearly out of control by that point, so Jane's plan ended up working too well. Plus, she made him think she allowed AJ to die; I don't think her gender mattered at that point combined with her track record.

Boi, what track record? She helped a lot as I recall. You're like the characters who decide she's untrustworthy because the plot says so. But still, no one ever really blames for anything besides Kenny. And speaking of that, Kenny suddenly hates her even though he was impressed by her in episode 3. Yeah, we know they had off-screen interactions but something doesn't add up.

As I said before, I hate Jane because she was an utterly reprehensible individual despite(or rather because of) the writer's attempts to make you feel for her. How she was designed is just something else to make fun of.

I can't disagree more, but really, we've argued enough about this. I'm too tired for it. Maybe I am a sucker for a pretty girl, but I definitely don't get thinking she's a reprehensible person. She's clearly emotionally and mentally damaged. She does try to make things work until Kenny's attitude and dangerous violent temperament sets her on edge.
    And you've really yet to present the actual issue with her design.

Clementine is shorter than Jane, dude. Therefore, her shooting her in that split second would likely hit something around the belt. It's not that hard.

It's a joke, bro.
    Obviously I know that, that's part of why I thought the "ironic troy death" would have worked.

Also, why would I be looking at a chick's crotch?

:smirk: why would you be looking at Bonnie's ass? Or Sarah's thighs? (from that drawing) Or (beta) Becca's hips? Or Ava's cleavage?
    Yeah I remember things.

Just moving on.

Good call.

I suppose.

Oh, come on. It's a damn good arc. I know you just agreed with that post, but you aren't really showing it because of your Jane hateboner.

I'm special. I somehow typed a word that triggered the system to tell me that it needed to be approved by a moderator and now it says that I

• I really liked Walter.

Kenny apparently told Walter about Katjaa and Duck, but not Sarita.

• Sounds a little forced but I like it anyways! I will have to use this a symbolism for the fanfic I'm working on... just when I thought I wouldn't need christian symbolism, now every fanfic I write has something to do with a fucking bible. I'm not even christian how did this happen!?!?!?

• It's more noticeable when you shoot the headlights and then it is visible when he drives by Russell

The guy chasing Wyatt and Eddie in Wyatt's scenario is actually Nate. Unused dialogue would've made this more obvious.

• What is your problem, man?

Louche posted: »

being kate is suffering I like it

• Ha, ha, ha, this could have been very cute actually to see Clementine taking care of AJ with this :p

So, you know how Bonnie mentions baby formula? Well, apparently it was supposed to be shown.

• edited August 2017

If you try to go back to Jane/Mike after you've already done so, Kenny will correct you on where you're supposed to go.

I guess he does know which one is Jane.

• Pumped to see what @Flog61 offers as input!

• Why?

Pumped to see what @Flog61 offers as input!

• Better than invisible walls anyways

If you try to go back to Jane/Mike after you've already done so, Kenny will correct you on where you're supposed to go. I guess he does know which one is Jane.

• edited August 2017

enter image description hereenter image description here

• Dayum.

Louche posted: »

being kate is suffering I like it

• I thought it was shown in the Jane ending wasn't it? At least I thought it was. You just don't get a close up show of it.

So, you know how Bonnie mentions baby formula? Well, apparently it was supposed to be shown.

• Was it? I wouldn't know. :neutral:

Lilacsbloom posted: »

I thought it was shown in the Jane ending wasn't it? At least I thought it was. You just don't get a close up show of it.

• If you do a certain things of choices with Clem than the guy will show up give do stuff.

• in s2e3 when troy kicks you to wake you up, if you say "don't kick me" a little detail will come up that says "(?) troy might remember that." which is really funny to me.

Sign in to comment in this discussion.