credit card question Seeing how you charge VAT on downloadable games why don't you...

edited March 2009 in Site Support
start accepting UK credit and debit cards?

Seems only fair I think. Visa Delta, Electron, Switch and Solo.

Comments

• EmilyEmily Telltale Alumni
    edited November 2008
    You know you're comparing apples and oranges, right?

VAT is something we are legally required to collect by the UK government. Which credit cards we accept is a decision we make based on the payment sources used by the majority of our customers and the options available to us from the payment processing company we work with.

I know Visa Electron has come up before and I honestly can't remember if we accept it or not at this point. The others I've never heard of before so if we don't accept them, it's not something we've heard tons of complaints about.

Many of our international customers use PayPal. The fact that we support PayPal goes above and beyond what a lot of online stores do, but we support it because we had so many international customers ask for it.
  • edited November 2008
    Emily wrote: »
    You know you're comparing apples and oranges, right?

VAT is something we are legally required to collect by the UK government. Which credit cards we accept is a decision we make based on the payment sources used by the majority of our customers and the options available to us from the payment processing company we work with.

I know Visa Electron has come up before and I honestly can't remember if we accept it or not at this point. The others I've never heard of before so if we don't accept them, it's not something we've heard tons of complaints about.

Many of our international customers use PayPal. The fact that we support PayPal goes above and beyond what a lot of online stores do, but we support it because we had so many international customers ask for it.

The fact that you accept Paypal is the only reason I can buy from you. Some places accept Electron as though it were Visa but this isn't always sucessful.
  • edited March 2009
    i second solo. thats my card of choice :P
  • edited March 2009
    Emily wrote: »
    The fact that we support PayPal goes above and beyond what a lot of online stores do, but we support it because we had so many international customers ask for it.
    To be honest I think the opposite is true; it's incredibly hard to find online stores that do not accept PayPal (the big exception of course being Amazon, who don't want to use the payment system owned by one of their biggest competitors), so I don't think Telltale Games is doing anything special in this regard.

The great thing about PayPal of course, is that they accept many different forms of payment and can therefore act as an intermediary, which is probably why they are so popular with your international customers. I'd like to point out that in the UK, PayPal accepts Visa Delta, Visa Electron, Switch, Solo in addition to the usual credit cards and direct bank transfers, so if that's how you want to pay, just pay through PayPal.
This discussion has been closed.