Sam And Max Season 2 Wii in 2009 - Is this true?

edited December 2008 in Sam & Max
http://www.officialnintendomagazine.co.uk/article.php?id=6586
Can someone here confirm this? Wierdly, it says Atari on there. :confused:

Comments

• edited December 2008
    Nintendo Magnazine has been wrong before.

Bottom line for all articles of this nature, wait until Telltale has a blog about it. They seem pretty good at not leaving their customers in the dark about announcements like these.
  • edited December 2008
    Atari?
  • edited December 2008
    Udvarnoky wrote: »
    Atari?

Yeah, this article is messed up. We just need someone from Telltale to post so I can go all Phoenix Wright on the comments box.
  • edited December 2008
    EDIT: Haha nevermind.
  • edited December 2008
    indeed, they're STILL saying sam and max series 1 came out in the UK on the 29th september...and it still isn't out now, I hope they don't delay it here again, because i'm looking forward to friday.
  • JakeJake Telltale Alumni
    edited December 2008
    The announcement's real. Atari is working with us to release Season Two at retail internationally on PC and Wii. We'll have a few more details on the blog in the near future.
  • edited December 2008
    just as i suspected!
  • edited December 2008
    Woo-Hoo!
  • edited December 2008
    Thanks for the vote of confidence, guys. ;)

It was announced at an Atari press event today. So now that someone from Telltale has confirmed it I wonder if Yellowtail will graciously withdraw this comment:
    Yeah, this article is messed up. We just need someone from Telltale to post so I can go all Phoenix Wright on the comments box.

:)

To the Telltale guys: best of luck with Season 2 on the Wii, I'm a huge fan of Sam & Max and absolutely loved the first season.

Chris Scullion, Official Nintendo Magazine UK
    edited December 2008
    Hey Chris, thanks for stopping by, and thanks for the coverage!
  • edited December 2008
    Hooray !!
  • edited December 2008
    Jake wrote: »
    Hey Chris, thanks for stopping by, and thanks for the coverage!

Pleasure's all mine Jake: it's always fun to write about fun games. :)

Feel free to drop me a PM if you'd like to set up an interview with the magazine about Season 2 some time.
  • edited December 2008
    I had a feelin Atari realeasin the game is not a typo because the company has recently been pickin up abandoned and no publisher games.
  • edited December 2008
    Yellowtail wrote: »
    yeah, this article is messed up. We just need someone from telltale to post so i can go all phoenix wright on the comments box.

objection!

Take That!
    The announcement's real. Atari is working with us to release Season Two at retail internationally on PC and Wii. We'll have a few more details on the blog in the near future.

Somebody had to say it and it would be fittin if that person had an Ace Attorney avatar.
  • edited December 2008
    onm_chris wrote: »

It was announced at an Atari press event today. So now that someone from Telltale has confirmed it I wonder if Yellowtail will graciously withdraw this comment:

To the Telltale guys: best of luck with Season 2 on the Wii, I'm a huge fan of Sam & Max and absolutely loved the first season.

ONM, bah, in my day it was NOM :D:D

nice to see a comment in reply shows that you guys actually care about games unlike some magazines back when i bought them.
    edited December 2008
    Emily's provided a bit more info on the upcoming retail release in the blog, including some in-progress box art. (reprinted below)

season2retailworkinprogress.jpg
  • edited December 2008
    Jake wrote: »
    Emily's provided a bit more info on the upcoming retail release in the blog, including some in-progress box art. (reprinted below)

season2retailworkinprogress.jpg

that would make a great wallpaper, i'd like more contrast though
  • edited December 2008
    in-game artwork?
    But, the game has already been made!

Anyway, thanks for the wii version! I promise to stop asking for a Mac OS port! :)
  • edited December 2008
    Atari, eh? Neat, hopefully they do a good job with the package - the box art is looking really good and, like patters, I also support a wallpaper version.
    Also, hey Chris! Cool to see you over here on the forums.
  • edited December 2008
    Awesome. Here's hoping the PC's retail version exclusive extras will convince me to double dip :D
  • edited December 2008
    Awesome. Here's hoping the PC's retail version exclusive extras will convince me to double dip :D

Oh... yeah I might get the wii version, but not a SECOND pc version.
  • edited December 2008
    Oh, It would be a rare case for me too :P But given how cheap it was for me (18€ for the whole season) I'm willing to pay a bit more, get the extras and let my little sis who isn't as fluent in English yet play Season Two.

Wii version is not a bad idea either, but Season One's extra cd that was given in the US (thus making it the same than the PC version) is apparently not being distributed in Europe, so I'd pay the same for less value if that happened with Season Two. If it didn't, however, and we get it, then I'll probably get the Wii version...
  • edited December 2008
    I don't like Atari's latest games, but whatever gets the games out faster, amiright? P.S. You should have a discount for people who already have Season 2, and raise the price to include a DVD lacking the games on disc.
  • EmilyEmily Telltale Alumni
    edited December 2008
    We are still hammering out the features of the Season Two release so I don't know yet if there will be bonuses and if yes, what they will be, but when we have that information we'll pass it on.
  • edited December 2008
    onm_chris wrote: »

*graciously withdraws comment*
  • edited December 2008
    Wow, I don't even have season 1 for Wii yet, and they already managed to start season 2? Gah! I need to catch up!!
  • edited December 2008
    We're getting a Wii for Christmas, so I hope this happens in the near future. My parents hate buying things online, so I probably won't be able to play season two unless it comes out on Wii, and we can buy it in the stores.
Sign in to comment in this discussion.