The Wolf Among Us - the Animated Series

edited June 2014 in The Wolf Among Us

Since i have played the first episode, i'm sure, seeing the cinematics that using ingame footage we could make a great TVShow or Anime.
So i have made a little test using the 30 first minute of the first episode, recorded with FRAPS and short at 17min.

There was no mod or trick to remove the GUI, or the comment about remembering (like in Walking Dead), so i have made several tweaks :

• resize of the shot with dialog selection, or comment
  • remove all charging/saving moment
  • remove QTE in fight by editing or resize, and entire part when they are not interesting.
  • remove waiting shot when there was just there for let time to the player to choose.

Actually some sequence are really hard to edit because some shots are really here for offering choice or interaction and not drama.

The next step will be to record game footage without music to avoid some gap with editing, and also to find way to short nicely fight, and sequence like the appartement when Bigby had to move inside the place, and bring a feeling of continuity in this video.

The question is how and when to split this episode in several part.

• What do you think about that?
  • Could it be a great fiction or is it only working with game interaction?
  • Could it be interesting for a non-gamer, or even a comic fan?

The more interesting part is to think on choice of Bigby, not as player choice, but more on how i will imagine Bigby in a movie, and strangely i imagine it more as a silent selfish badass!

The Wolf Among Us

Comments

• great job here, there will probably be people who go on Youtube or whatever looking for something like this with all of the cutscenes and no commentary, especially people that haven't played the game yet, or even players that want some nostalgia. There aren't many odd patches here, and it would be cool if this was made for the whole Season. It could be a great advert for the game to people that are interested in playing it

• You get my idea.Thanks.

Actually i have no project and it could be really exciting one to create a real full season. The best advert for the game, because you could like the TVShow and then try with the game to change it and see what you would do during the story.

If only there was a mod to remove GUI, it could really became easier, and better.

• The editing is superb but I wouldn't call it a anime. "The Wolf Among Us - The Animated series" would work better.

• That's kinda what Anime means...

The editing is superb but I wouldn't call it a anime. "The Wolf Among Us - The Animated series" would work better.

• No... anime is some Japanese Pokemon styled bullshit.

Tyranitar posted: »

That's kinda what Anime means...

• I'm pretty sure Anime is short for Animation. Correct me if I'm wrong. btw don't hate on ma pokemans

CodPatrol posted: »

No... anime is some Japanese Pokemon styled bullshit.

• "A style of Japanese film and television animation, typically aimed at adults as well as children."

I'm pretty sure Anime is short for Animation. Correct me if I'm wrong. btw don't hate on ma pokemans

• dojo32161dojo32161 Moderator

From dictionary.com:
    anime
    an·i·me [an-uh-mey]
    noun
    a Japanese style of motion-picture animation, characterized by highly stylized, colorful art, futuristic settings, violence, and sexuality.

I'm pretty sure Anime is short for Animation. Correct me if I'm wrong. btw don't hate on ma pokemans

• you dare call some of the best shows like DBZ japaneese pokemon style bullsh- oh wait that actually kinda is how it is :P

No... anime is some Japanese Pokemon styled bullshit.

• Oh my god i have started a war... :) Thanks for the enthousiasm.

I will take the word "the Animated Series" because actually it's a better defintion of what this will be.

Actually most of my job was between the wonderful cinematics of the game. To be honest sometimes i found this version awful and suddenly it became really dramatic and powerful : when the cinematics start...

Get back to work!

• So it is short for animation! Thanks!

"A style of Japanese film and television animation, typically aimed at adults as well as children."

• (Japanese).

So it is short for animation! Thanks!

• Hmm?

(Japanese).

• It's not animation, it's fucking Japan animation. Nuff said, now fuck I need to do something interesting.

Hmm?

• edited June 2014

Do I know you? I'm confused

It's not animation, it's fucking Japan animation. Nuff said, now fuck I need to do something interesting.

• Target knows the identity, launch class B nuke now! Get the haxors to stop him, shut down his interwebs! NO!!!!!! HE CALLED THE POLICE, HAXOR HIS INTERWEB CONNECTION! NO! CLASS A NUKE INITIATED! FUCKING BLOW IT! BWAAANNGNGNGNGGNGGNGNGN! (THE SCIENTISTS DID NOT MANAGE TO HAXOR HIS PHONE, CLASS A NUKE BOMBED THE ENTIRE EAST COAST OF THE UNITED STATES, THE 11TH HAXOR BRIGADE STORMED THE SCIENTIST BASE, THEY WHERE EXTERMINATED).

Do I know you? I'm confused

• Alt text

Target knows the identity, launch class B nuke now! Get the haxors to stop him, shut down his interwebs! NO!!!!!! HE CALLED THE POLICE, HAXO

• WHO DA FAKUQ IS THAT? SOME 1930'S MOTHERFUCKER? KILL IT WITH FIRE! WHERE IS THAT FROM! TELL MEH, OR I WILL GET THE FABLETOWN SWAT DEPARTMENT ON YO ASS.

• One new interesting fact :
    even if you act really differently some cinematics are the same.

Question for people interested:
    What do you think on TWAU video with "bad choices"? Is it really interesting, or is there really wrong choice in this game?
    It will help me with my video?

Actually i have already decide to choose the smallest option in the stats at the end of eah episode : i will follow the woodsman and not dee for example.

• Anime is a style of animation specific to Japan. It's almost never 3D as well, so this really would be better off as simply an "animated series".

That's kinda what Anime means...

• This is similar to zerofleet's cinematic series with The Walking Dead. In fact, it's the exact same concept.

Here:, for comparison I suppose:

• edited June 2014

Great idea and nice editing!

BTW, you should totally put that cool intro at the beggining of each part.

(I mean this one)

Click here

• Well, if they ever did create an animated show I have these two things to say: That sounds amazing and there goes my social life....AGAIN! XD There could be so many things to cover, due to happening YEARS before the comic takes place. :) On-demand and I will be great friends.

• Thanks but i didn't play to the season 2. But i was pretty sure that i wasn't the first... even machinima are the same concept.

I have play to walking dead season 1, but i still prefer the wolf among us even if dilemma are really better in the walking dead.

Zyphon posted: »

This is similar to zerofleet's cinematic series with The Walking Dead. In fact, it's the exact same concept. Here:, for comparison I suppose:

• It will be nuts especially when you look at how "simple" 3D in this game could be used to make greats video with Fables comics.

pudding_pie posted: »

Well, if they ever did create an animated show I have these two things to say: That sounds amazing and there goes my social life....AGAIN! X

• This was absolutely fantastic! I would definitely watch the entire series if it was done like this. Almost like watching a regular TV series! :)

Or maybe Telltale will release some sort of patch after episode 5 with a cinematic mode that would play the game without HUD with our choices being automatically selected by the game? Imagine a 6-7 hours of marathon of all the episodes. Please, Telltale.... :)

• This :3 Or say the game can replay our playthrough in cinematic mode, so we can replay it whenever and even upload or send it to people. Although that could be not as interesting given Youtube playthroughs

This was absolutely fantastic! I would definitely watch the entire series if it was done like this. Almost like watching a regular TV series

• Ohhhh yesyesyesyesyessss please do it for the rest of the season :) I loved it.

• I'm not a professional at this, but... Episodes 1 & 2, done in this format :)
    (I also have Eps 3 & 4, but it takes awfuly long to upload them on my internet connection)

Episode 1
    Episode 2

• fantastic editing! (especially how well you cut the QTE's out).

I'm not a professional at this, but... Episodes 1 & 2, done in this format (I also have Eps 3 & 4, but it takes awfuly long to upload them on my internet connection) Episode 1 Episode 2

• Correct me if I am wrong, but I think it means "animation" in Japanese.

• Just finished watching the first one and it was really well done mate, thanks for sharing!

• Do you have the remaining episodes ready? If so could you please link them here?

• Currently uploading Ep 3 & 4, might take some time.

Harian96 posted: »

Do you have the remaining episodes ready? If so could you please link them here?

• Harian96 posted: »

Do you have the remaining episodes ready? If so could you please link them here?

• This makes me miss Wolf even more, just beautiful to look at with all the vibrant colors, and the voice acting, superb.

• We mustn't give up hope.

KCohere posted: »

This makes me miss Wolf even more, just beautiful to look at with all the vibrant colors, and the voice acting, superb.

• Really cool, Where is episode 5?
    And how did you hide the choices? I want to make some videos too with my own choices and i dont know how to hide it

Episode 3 Episode 4

Sign in to comment in this discussion.