Hit the Road Promo Items on eBay

edited December 2008 in Sam & Max
Hello again from the wondering eBay warden. I just saw that the same member (fishbones)
who sold that original "Bad Day on the Moon" page has another auction for a collection of promo
items from "Sam and Max: Hit the Road." Here is a link to the auction, and a list of what he has.
When I found it the bid was at 66 bucks. I might get in on this if it stays about that. Out bid
me and...You'll...win? I'm not very good with threats. Update: Final Price... $272.00 !!! And no, I didn't win.

Here is the link.

Here is a list of what he's selling:
A "shelf-talker"
Sam & Max floaty pen
Two badge-shaped window stickers
An oversized vinyl display of the stickers
Three stickers from the 1992 San Diego Comic Con Booth

8f80_1.JPG

Comments

• edited December 2008
    You're lucky I don't have any money or those would SO be mine.
  • edited December 2008
    They look very cool. I wish Telltale made a pack of stickers.
  • edited December 2008
    Those window stickers are cursed, you know. Any car that is protected by the Freelance Police gets broken into.
  • edited December 2008
    It's like a Hit the Road Case File!
  • edited December 2008
    The fabled floaty pen! Man I wish he was just selling that, I so want the pen more than the stickers. Also I dont want to pay 60 dollars for a pen.
  • edited December 2008
    Oh man, that stuff is so awesome. I wish I had monies
  • Must have....sam...and....max...floaty...pen.....must...have...no...matter..what the cost!
    Now to raise some quick lettuce...it sure is a good thing I happened to take those photos of the mayor and his "niece" having an expensive meal in that darkly lit bistro.
    A pictures worth a thousand bucks!
    Maybe I'll have enough left over for some Otter pops.
  • Zeek wrote: »
    Those window stickers are cursed, you know. Any car that is protected by the Freelance Police gets broken into.

I think i'll test that theory by slapping one of these puppies on an armored car,then I'll sit back with a corn dog and orange whip and wait for the mayhem to ensue!
  • ZeroSA wrote: »
    hello again from the wondering ebay warden. I just saw that the same member (fishbones)
    who sold that original "bad day on the moon" page has another auction for a collection of promo
    items from "sam and max: Hit the road." here is a link to the auction, and a list of what he has.
    When i found it the bid was at 66 bucks. I might get in on this if it stays about that. Out bid
    me and...you'll...win? I'm not very good with threats.

here is the link.

here is a list of what he's selling:
    A "shelf-talker"
    sam & max floaty pen
    two badge-shaped window stickers
    an oversized vinyl display of the stickers
    three stickers from the 1992 san diego comic con booth

8f80_1.jpg

great gibbering gibbons on rice!
    I am in awe at the sheer beauty of these lusted after items!
    I'm drooling! And this time its not because of the recalled 60's flintstones vitamins that Max dared me into eating before operating heavy machinery.
    And to think I was going to foolishly spend my hard earned money on trivial luxurys like gas and food! Man,what was I thinking!
  • edited December 2008
    It's ... it's beautiful! All of it! But I shouldn't. I really, really shouldn't. D:
  • edited December 2008
    Auctions are funny. I was watching the last minute (really, the actual last minute) and the long standing price of $96 jumped to $120, $150, then $272. Interesting that this sold for more than the original comic page!
  • edited December 2008
    The floaty pen seems to possess a preternaturally persuasive power that I hadn't previously accounted for. Hmm.

Don't say "preternaturally"!
  • Breakman wrote: »
    Auctions are funny. I was watching the last minute (really, the actual last minute) and the long standing price of $96 jumped to $120, $150, then $272. Interesting that this sold for more than the original comic page!

Yeah,its incredible how there is always a flurry of bids at the last minute,I notice the guy that won this had only one feedback and it was private,hmm?
  • ZeroSA wrote: »
    Hello again from the wondering eBay warden. I just saw that the same member (fishbones)
    who sold that original "Bad Day on the Moon" page has another auction for a collection of promo
    items from "Sam and Max: Hit the Road." Here is a link to the auction, and a list of what he has.
    When I found it the bid was at 66 bucks. I might get in on this if it stays about that. Out bid
    me and...You'll...win? I'm not very good with threats. Update: Final Price... $272.00 !!! And no, I didn't win.

Here is the link.

Here is a list of what he's selling:
    A "shelf-talker"
    Sam & Max floaty pen
    Two badge-shaped window stickers
    An oversized vinyl display of the stickers
    Three stickers from the 1992 San Diego Comic Con Booth

8f80_1.JPG

Yeah,thats an incredible price to pay for a pen and stickers! (cool though they may be)
    B.T.W. Fishbones is Steve Purcells ebay name.
    Dont believe me? check his feedback where he is referred to as "Steve" and the Bailey panama hat he won!
    Pierre Omidyar has to be laughing (all the way to the bank) at the "little" site he started.
    These days everyones on Ebay it seems!
    Those were some cool items,but $272.00!! Yikes!
  • edited December 2008
    $272.00 is alot to pay for a pen... but I had the freaking cash to throw around I woulda bid more than that on it. That is just a really awesome piece of memorabilia. The stickers are cool too, but the coolest thing in that lot was the pen by far.
Sign in to comment in this discussion.