Any Australians who have Sam and Max Season One

edited December 2008 in Sam & Max
To any Australians who have Sam and Max Season One, please tell me: where did you get it, and for how much! Ive checked in most game stores and department stores, but no one has it!!!

Any or all responses are appreciated,
-Lachlan

Comments

• edited December 2008
    Anyone?!?!
  • edited December 2008
    Traditionally, you'll need to wait more than 10 minutes for a reply. It's a forum, not a chat room :)
  • edited December 2008
    Internet. Sorry.

I was backreading and noticed mentions of Dick Smith having them, but that was a while ago and I guess they sold out. I've looked in every game store I've been in for the last six months, solely because I like seeing things I like in shops, but I haven't seen it anywhere.

That was just in Canberra, though.
  • edited December 2008
    Are you talking about the wii version? every date its released it gets pushed back a week..this has happened for over a month.. Now the latest date is february 12th :mad: All I can say is bring on Atari! :cool:

If you are talking about the pc version I never once saw season 1 in stores.. yet hit the road which was re-released by activision was everywhere..
  • edited December 2008
    I'm Australian and I got season 1 from this great place called Telltale Games :)
  • EmilyEmily Telltale Alumni
    edited December 2008
    I have emailed JoWooD to ask about Australian availability for Sam & Max Wii. I'll let you guys know if I find out anything.
  • edited December 2008
    tabacco wrote: »
    Traditionally, you'll need to wait more than 10 minutes for a reply. It's a forum, not a chat room :)
    Lol, sorry about that, and thanks for the tip Schwoo, Ill check!
  • edited December 2008
    UPDATE: I checked around for a while, and any Australians who want Sam and Max Season One WII, check at Big W, their getting Sam and Max in on the 10th of December!!! Can't wait

EDIT: For $60, which I think is a bit much but whatever
  • edited December 2008
    I bet you the 10th of December roles around and they don't have it..
  • edited December 2008
    Hero1 wrote: »
    I bet you the 10th of December roles around and they don't have it..
    You're on, winner gets a set of Virtual Reality 2.0 Goggles, Loser gets a CD of Sam's Banjo Song
  • edited December 2008
    Quuux wrote: »
    I'm Australian and I got season 1 from this great place called Telltale Games :)

Wow, me too! I have a friend who told me the new games were being released, so of course I signed up and bought the first season at telltalegames.com when it came out. Yeah, my friend's name is Quuux :p

Of course, back in those good old days the Aussie dollar was worth more compared to the US dollar as it is right now, so it seemed much cheaper :)
  • edited December 2008
    This is why digital distribution is so good. Most people in the world can have access to buying the game. If sam & max only came out in stores it would have been a long and frustrating wait. The fact that wii games are region protected would have made it even more annoying.
  • edited December 2008
    I realize many topics have already been made about this, but this matter is getting ridiculous!

Lachlan_is said Big W had it for $60 on 10th of December. I checked this and it was true. I go to Big W today, nothing. It was meant to be released in November. It is now 15 days until Christmas and nothing!

All I want to know is, is it out? I have been to lots of different places and no one has it. EB Games said it was discontinued. So, is it out? And if it is, where can I get it?
  • edited December 2008
    well it was supposed to come out in october right..and every week it was supposed to release i'd go check the stores and it had been pushed back a week.. well this has gone on for nearly 3 months now.. The latest date i heard was february 12th but the game hasn't even received a classification yet so it can't come out yet.. At this point i'm not confident of any "release date" I was going to buy a wii when sam & max came out on and this has been going on for ages so yeah its frustrating :mad: Apparently the adventure company don't realize australia is one of sam & max's biggest markets
  • edited December 2008
    Timbo94DR wrote: »
    All I want to know is, is it out? I have been to lots of different places and no one has it. EB Games said it was discontinued. So, is it out? And if it is, where can I get it?

I empathize, eb games keeps telling me that its next week, or the week after, etc. But ill check at big W asap and keep ya posted, although I'd be suprised if there are any copies are left, as Hero1 said, Australia is such a big market, yesterday the guys there said they hadn't heard about any new games coming in till the 15th, but I live in Sydney, mind
  • edited December 2008
    I've found JB Hi-Fi to be cheaper than most, so you might want to check there as well.

I found the release date of the 31st of December while Googling, but I don't know if it's accurate or not.
  • edited December 2008
    Shwoo wrote: »
    I've found JB Hi-Fi to be cheaper than most, so you might want to check there as well.

I found the release date of the 31st of December while Googling, but I don't know if it's accurate or not.

Yeah but they havent got sam and max wii planned for this year
Sign in to comment in this discussion.