Episode 4 costumes didn't carry over

edited June 2010 in Game Support
Hey, I just started playing episode 5, but I noticed that (apart from the Dangeresque glasses) none of the episode 4-items were available in the photo booth. I'm sure I got them all, I just went back to episode 4 to make sure I made an extra save game with all the costume items, but they just won't appear in episode 5 for some reason.

EDIT: I just noticed; getting the secret shirt at the bottom of the photo booth just makes Strong Bad's chest invisible. Could be a bug, could be some awesome secret, hard to tell.

I'll try redownloading my file.

Comments

• JakeJake Telltale Alumni
    edited December 2008
    His body's supposed to turn invisible for the shirt this time.
  • edited December 2008
    Okay, awesome, caught me by surprise:p

Let's see if I can get my episode 4-items in this episode. Reinstalling now.
  • WillWill Telltale Alumni
    edited December 2008
    You shouldn't need to reinstall. Could you do me a quick favor? Could you go to regedit (go to run, then type regedit), then go to HKEY_CURRENT_USER, Software, Telltale Games and open up HomestarRunner. In it, see if you see values for glassesDangeresque or bootsBrown or various other episode 4 costumes.
  • edited December 2008
    Nope, they aren't there. I did reinstall though, but that didn't change anything.

Would you like the list as I have it here? I got everything in every episode so far.
    edited December 2008
    Ok, it may be that episode 4 isn't writing everything properly, because episode 5 is definitely *reading* everything properly. I hate to make you write all that out, but would you mind?
  • edited December 2008
    what would we need to write in to fix this?
  • edited December 2008
    Sorry, had some lunch. I made a printscreen, I'm lazy:

EDIT: Wow, crazy resolutionthing going on there. Oh well, it's readable.
    edited December 2008
    You, sir, are a wise man. Yeah, for whatever reason it looks like you don't have any 104 costumes. Which is strange because Gibby's post in the other thread seemed to imply that he had all but the Dangeresque Too glasses.

Anyway, until I figure out why they weren't writing in the first place, I'll post my registry and you can add the ones you can missing. Warning though, I have the 105 costumes in mine, so SPOILERS!
  • edited December 2008
    When I add them, do I need to start a new game to make them appear? I'm scared of spoilers, so I'll just add them after I complete the episode.
  • edited December 2008
    I had this problem too, how exactly do I add them in?
  • edited December 2008
    I'm getting the same thing (screenshots contain spoilers, but not for 8 Bit Is Enough):
    Dangeresque 3
    8 Bit is Enough

Could it be a Vista problem? (I'm on Vista, and from the looks of that screenshot, Tjibbe is as well)

I've attached a Windows Registry file (zipped) which may be able to fix it if you run into this. Just double click, and all Dangeresque 3 costumes should be added to the registry.

EDIT: Seemingly, it works.
  • edited December 2008
    Thanks man, I appreciate it. And yeah, I'm on Vista.

And now I'm really going to continue with the episode. It's hilarious so far.:)
  • edited December 2008
    Will wrote: »
    You, sir, are a wise man. Yeah, for whatever reason it looks like you don't have any 104 costumes. Which is strange because Gibby's post in the other thread seemed to imply that he had all but the Dangeresque Too glasses.

Anyway, until I figure out why they weren't writing in the first place, I'll post my registry and you can add the ones you can missing. Warning though, I have the 105 costumes in mine, so SPOILERS!

I DID edit it later on to show that I was missing every single D3 costume item, minus the Dangeresque Glasses
  • edited December 2008
    no, not a vista problem..i am still on xp and have the same issue.
    edited December 2008
    yeah, I'm looking into it now. It looks like something in the last build or two of 104 before the game went out turned off registry writing, because it was working before. Should only affect costumes.
  • edited December 2008
    Your application doesn't work when I try to open it I get a message saying it's invalid.
  • edited January 2009
    Venusy wrote: »
    I'm getting the same thing (screenshots contain spoilers, but not for 8 Bit Is Enough):
    Dangeresque 3
    8 Bit is Enough

Could it be a Vista problem? (I'm on Vista, and from the looks of that screenshot, Tjibbe is as well)

I've attached a Windows Registry file (zipped) which may be able to fix it if you run into this. Just double click, and all Dangeresque 3 costumes should be added to the registry.

EDIT: Seemingly, it works.

thankyouthankyou (havent tested it out yet) (btw im on xp)
  • edited June 2010
    tryed to download Dangeresque 3 costumes thing and i just woden't work
This discussion has been closed.