TWD: The Fallen World

Comments

• Voting has closed! I will try and get a preview for the next chapter up soon.

• Cant wait for it! Also, I have submitted my character :)

Voting has closed! I will try and get a preview for the next chapter up soon.

• edited October 2016

Update: It's been a rough month, it's been harder and harder to find time to write. I have almost a quarter of the chapter done and hopefully the rest will be finished shortly. For how long it's been I'm gonna give a small look at the next chapter.

“I believe you.” I said “Now, take me to her.”

I looked at my shirt, which now had blood splattered across. “Damn, I really liked this shirt too.” I joked with Katrina.

Paige, Katrina, and I scrambled behind one of the walls for safety. I peeked around the corner and knew the clothes they were wearing quite well and the symbol painted across them. The Followers.

• Hey, it's alright! I hope your timetable will soon be less busy, so that you have more time to write again, but don't stress it! I'm willing to wait any amount of time and would hate it if you have to force yourself to write at the cost of other, more important stuff. Whenever the part is done, I'm going to read it :)

Obviously, it is a sentence said by Cody and I think it is very likely that he is talking to Katrina in this scene, that she revealed her actions and reasons behind it and this 'her' he is talking about, that could be either Beatrice or Paige.

I looked at my shirt, which now had blood splattered across. “Damn, I really liked this shirt too.” I joked with Katrina.

Well, things have clearly been patched up between Cody and Katrina and they are on a lot more friendly terms now, which was to be expected.. I guess Cody either killed a walker, or maybe he killed Beatrice (who might have simply been locked up by Katrina instead of outright killed) in a rather messy way.

Paige, Katrina, and I scrambled behind one of the walls for safety. I peeked around the corner and knew the clothes they were wearing quite well and the symbol painted across them. The Followers.

This supports my theory that Katrina is taking Cody to free Paige. And well, I have guessed that we haven't seen the last of the Followers. Cody and the others cut off their head, but there should be many of them who haven't been caught or killed yet. The only thing I don't know is if they have broken up into splintered, rival factions, or if they have a new leader to unite them. I also don't know which would be more scary.

Update: It's been a rough month, it's been harder and harder to find time to write. I have almost a quarter of the chapter done and hopefull

• It sounds great, Im looking forward for it!

Update: It's been a rough month, it's been harder and harder to find time to write. I have almost a quarter of the chapter done and hopefull

• Episode 5: Rising From the Ashes Chapter 5: As Long as You’re By My Side

People from all across the community rallied to Gwendal. “Nozomi, when was the last time you saw Paige?” I asked

“I haven’t seen her the past few days.” Nozomi replied

“Shit, we need to find her. She’s the only doctor we have...” I said
    “AAAAGGGGHHHHHHH!!!” I heard a scream coming from the watchtower.

“Jesus!” I looked up at the window and saw Katrina. “What the fuck?” I said to myself. I broke into a dead sprint towards the watchtower. I stopped at Leonidas’ mangled body and noticed the stolen rifle. I burst through the door and scaled the stairs before opening the hatch and finding Katrina.

“He was going to kill you, Beatrice was in on it the whole time. He came to me and tried to get me to go along. Before he was able to do anything I shoved him out the window.” Katrina looked at me

“Katrina, is this true?” I said

“Every word of it, you can ask Paige. Leonidas made us take her out of the community when she saw us talking. If you don’t believe me, you can ask her. I made sure she would be safe.” Katrina defended herself.

Outside of the Mountain Top…

“I made sure to keep them close. When he decided to strike I made sure that he wouldn’t anyone else.” Katrina told me

“I should have taken care of him earlier.” I said

“You’re changing your ways, we need to go back to the way things were. We have to rebuild and we can’t get back unless we also go back to our laws. I know this might sound funny coming from me, given what I just did.” Katrina looked at me

I picked up the pace to catch up to her. “You’re right, we can’t live like this forever. As soon as Clifford’s group gets back I’m going to lead a group to take back Wellington. Hopefully the Sanctuary can come back from the attack.”

“It’s going to be hard, but we have to believe that they can.” Katrina smiled

“How much further is this house?” I asked

“Not much, try and be patient.” Katrina smirked

“I want to get her home, for Gwendal. That poor boy lost his brother in the Wellington attack.” I told her

“That’s horrible.” Katrina became solemn “Ah, here it is.”

I looked at the downtrodden house, the paint was chipping off. The windows all around were broken. A few walkers shuffled along the ground and turned to Katrina and I. I unsheathed my machete and walked over to them. I brought the machete back and swung as hard as I could, decapitating one of the walkers. I kicked the second in the chest, it fell to the ground. Katrina stomped it’s head into the ground and then stabbed the last in the temple with her knife. I looked at my shirt, which now had blood splattered across. “Damn, I really liked this shirt too.” I joked with Katrina.

“Come on, Paige’s waiting inside.” Katrina led me through the front door. Shadows filled every corner of the house, it was hard to see into the next room. Katrina led me through the darkness into the room Paige was being held within. She turned the knob and the door creaked open, Paige was in the room looking through the window. She turned and rushed towards Katrina and I. “You’re back!” She looked at Katrina.

“Are you ok?” I placed my hand on her shoulder.

“Yeah, Katrina made sure to cut me from the restraints when I was left here.” Paige smiled at Katrina.

“We need to get you back to The Mountain Top, Gwendal’s worried about you.” I said. We led Paige out the door and into the hallway. I was confused at what I saw at first but then I knew that it was real. Five people were walking up the steps of the house, talking about something I couldn’t quite hear. Paige, Katrina, and I scrambled behind one of the walls for safety. I peeked around the corner and knew the clothes they were wearing quite well and the symbol painted across them. The Followers. “What the fuck?” I said

“What?” Katrina asked

“They’re wearing Follower robes, they must be survivors.” I said

“Shit, we need to get out of here!” Paige said

“We have to take care of them first, Katrina. You have your pistol?” I asked

“Always.” She locked a clip.

“Good, I have mine as well. Give Paige your knife, stay back and let us take care of them.” I told Paige. I gripped the pistol in my frigid hands, I loaded a clip. I grit my teeth and my lips peeled back, I peeked back around the corner. “Look, we know you’re here. We just want to talk. Come out now and we won’t have to hurt you.” said one of the Followers. I tightened my grip on the pistol and looked back at Paige and Katrina.

“I’m gonna flank from the left, keep them talking.” I ordered them. My footsteps were silent as I slowly shifted along the wooden floor. My heart began beating at a rapid pace, I propped myself up against the doorway leading into the next room. There they were, moving at a slow pace edging closer and closer to Paige and Katrina.

“Come on out, let’s just talk about this.” The Follower demanded.

“Go fuck yourself!” Katrina yelled at the Follower. I looked back shocked at her responding to them. She turned her head back to me and nodded, I knew exactly what she was doing. I continued into the next room and crept closer to the group.

“I recognize your voice, Katrina right?” The Follower asked “Yeah.. I remember you. Begging and pleading for us to give back your friend. It must’ve hurt when you saw him.”

I was now right behind the group, fortunately all the training David put us through paid off. My breaths were shallow, I grit my teeth and looked at the Followers with all the contempt in the world. I took my machete out of the holster and gripped it in my left hand, I sprung up and brought it around the Follower’s neck.

--

Clifford hopped out of the truck, his feet hit the ground with a thud. Most of the ground was moist and puddles as far as the eye could see. He shut the door behind him and brought out his rifle, he walked around to the front of the truck and met with April. The rest soon followed. “Alright, we go in, grab as much as we can, and get out. Stay on your guard, we have no idea what could be inside.” Clifford instructed the group. He took point and brought the group to the doors, he looked through the window and didn’t notice anything suspicious. The racks were mostly stripped clean but many bottles still remained. Clifford pulled the door open and entered the pharmacy, the others only a step behind. “Half of you follow me and the other half follow April, we need to be in and out quickly.”

“Come on, grab everything you can. I want every bag to be full by the time we leave.” She told her half of the group. Time passed quickly and most of the pharmacy was finally picked clean, Clifford only had one more shelf to look through. Nico approached Clifford with a heart made out of glass, he smiled and handed it to him. “I saw this and thought of Paige, do you think she’d like it?”

“You’re worrying about this while we’re getting medicine?” Clifford said

“I’m sorry, I shouldn’t have--” Nico tried

“No, I mean that’s nice of you. You should keep it and take it back to her, I’m sure she’d love it.” Clifford smiled at Nico and continued putting bottles of medicine in his bag.

“Thanks man.” Nico smiled and put the heart in his bag.

“Don’t mention it.” Clifford replied and looked at the name of the medicine. “Some weird ass names on these bottles.”

“We got something back here!” April yelled

“Shit, let’s go!” Clifford and Nico rushed to April. Soon enough everyone was over by April looking to see something.

“What’s going on?” Nico asked her and tried to look over shoulders in his way.

“Several bags full of supplies, water, food, shit these people were set!” April examined the contents of the bags.

“This’ll help out a lot, we’ve been a little low on supplies lately.” said Clifford “Now let’s finish this up and get going.” They grabbed the bags and some more bottles and finally went back outside to their vehicles. They filed back into the vehicles, Clifford and April again sat in the front and grinned at each other.

A Few Miles Later…

“That was a nice find back there.” Clifford commented and bit a chunk out of the protein bar in his hand.

“You didn’t do too bad yourself, you got most of the medicine. That’s going to help so many people back at home.” April shook her head and smiled.

“It was a good idea to stop, it was well worth the time we took.” said Clifford continuing to chew the bar.

“I’m glad you found us.” April stated and looked at Clifford

“I am too, there’s no telling what could’ve happened to you out there.” Clifford replied “Shouldn’t be long now, maybe a few hours.”

“That’s good to hear.” April turned her eyes back to the road.

--

Nozomi kicked the door in and scanned the room for her. She had Gwendal being looked after, there were other things that needed to be done. Beatrice was somewhere close and Nozomi was going to find her no matter what. She slammed the door shut and looked around the community. Her eyes locked onto a section of the wall, she saw Beatrice scaling it about to leap over. Nozomi burst into a sprint towards the gate. “Let me out!” She ordered and soon the gate started to creak open. Beatrice turned her head back towards the gate and her eyes grew large, she hopped onto the cold ground and went into a dead sprint. Nozomi wasn’t too far behind and catching up, her heart was beating fast and her breaths became more shallow with each step. The chase wasn’t going to end until Beatrice was dead, Nozomi was going to make sure of that.

Beatrice finally lost her footing along the pavement and flew forward. Her face scraped the ground and she turned her head back to Nozomi “Please, no!”

Nozomi got on top of Beatrice and pinned her to the ground, she raised her knife. “Give me one good reason I shouldn’t do it!”

“Just let me go, I was doing what I thought was best for us!” She pleaded

“Well you were wrong, this is what’s best now.” Nozomi plunged the knife into Beatrice’s heart. Beatrice screamed with immense pain and clutched Nozomi’s arms. Nozomi broke her grip and stood over her body, she looked around and began noticing walkers closing in on her from all sides. “Shit!”

Nozomi didn’t even think about grabbing a gun before chasing after Beatrice. All she had was her knife, she shuffled backwards and landed into a walker. She tripped and fell to the ground, the walker leaped onto her and began chomping and clawing at her. Nozomi brought her forearm in front of her face to keep the walker from biting her. With her forearm on its throat and her hand gripped tightly on her knife, Nozomi swung the knife into the walker’s temple and shoved it off of her. She scrambled to her feet and prepared for the rest. She kicked the closest walker in the knee, the bone snapped and it tumbled to the ground. Nozomi found a propane tank in the back of one of the cars near the road, she dashed forward and swung open the car door. She took the propane tank in her hand and threw it at the walkers. The propane tank slammed into a walker’s face and sent it toppling into the others behind it. This bought Nozomi lots of time, she was still tired from chasing Beatrice but she pressed on. Her legs burned from exhaustion she could see The Mountain Top from where she was. “Open the gate!” Nozomi yelled at the guards. Recognizing Nozomi, the guards opened the gate and let her in. She struggled to breathe and fell to the ground, the guards leaped down and took her in their arms.

“I’m okay, I’m okay.” She reassured them

--

My blade entered the Follower’s throat, the blood spurted as the Follower fell to the ground. I aimed my pistol at the next Follower and shot. Katrina turned the corner as the other Followers looked back at me. She placed two rounds into one of them, the last two tried to fight us off. A Follower raised their gun to shoot me in the head, I shuffled forward and disarmed him. I caught his arm in my grip and I snapped his arm, the bone stuck through his robes and blood went everywhere. I then shot him in the head, Katrina shot the last one in the head and just like that it was over. I looked at her and Paige, they came out from their position and joined me in the now crimson hallway. “Come on, let’s get out of here.” I said

Katrina and I led Paige back through the same route we took to get to the house. “I’m sorry for tying you up and leaving you out there.” Katrina told Paige

“I’m just glad that Leonidas is taken care of.” Paige replied

“We won’t have to worry about him anymore, that’s for sure.” Katrina looked back at her.

“Tomorrow.” I thought outloud.

“What?” Paige was confused

“We’re taking back Wellington tomorrow. It’s time to take back our home.” I told them. The rest of the walk was us discussing how we were going to do it, it was time and no matter how hard it was worth it. I could see The Mountain Top, it was only a couple of miles away now.

Back at The Mountain Top…

I went back to my room first, I found Morgan waiting there for me. I smiled as I approached her, she looked into my eyes and smiled back. I joined her on my couch and propped my feet up on the coffee table. “It’s good to finally take a load off.” I groaned and stretched my arms.

“Well, it’s been a pretty eventful day.” said Morgan

“Anything exciting happen while I was away?” I took off my boots and unbuttoned my shirt.

“Julia gave out a new batch of bread to everyone for supper, she’s really outdone herself this time.” Morgan recalled.

“I missed the bread? Out of everything that’s happened, that’s what upsets me the most.” I said sarcastically and grinned.

“Smart-ass.” Morgan laughed

A few moments passed “We’re clearing out Wellington tomorrow.” I turned my head to her.

“We’re ready for this?” Morgan asked

“Clifford got back a little bit after Katrina, Paige, and I. He found some of the refugees from The Sanctuary. I’d say we’re good to go, we’ve got the supplies and the people.” I told her

“I just want to make sure we’re not rushing anything.” Morgan stated

“We’re not, I promise.” Morgan and I held each other’s hands. “As long as you’re by my side I know that we can do this.”

Morgan gazed into my eyes and drew her head closer to mine. I brought my other hand up and caressed her tender cheek, she closed her eyes and kissed me. I kissed her back and brought my hand down to her waist, her hand went around the nape of my neck. I retracted and kissed her neck, then her cheek, and then her lips. She turned in the couch and was on her back, I went forward and we remained in each other’s warm embrace. All the troubles in the world were slipping away, Morgan began unbuttoning her shirt but wouldn’t stop kissing me.

The Next Morning...

My eyes opened and I blinked a few times. Morgan and I were in my bed, both wearing nothing but the sheets. I kissed her shoulder and her head came up a bit. “I see you’re awake.” She turned back towards me and smiled widely.

“Yeah.” I said and held her hand in mine.

“I’m glad you found me at that community, I don’t know where I’d be if you hadn’t.” Morgan said

“You’re here with me now, that’s all that matters.” I kissed her hand.

“I wish this never ended, being here with you.” said Morgan

“So do I. But today’s the day.” I told her

“I know, We need to find a day where we can just be here. We won’t have to worry about anything else, just each other.” Morgan caressed the back of my head as she gazed into my eyes.

“Someday.” I said, I started to get up. I grabbed my clothes that had been tossed last night. I put on my pants and then my shirt. Morgan began doing the same.

We walked together out of my room and strolled down the hallway. I opened the door and Morgan and I found outside that Clifford had already arranged the vehicles and groups. “Thanks Cliff.” I said

“Figured I’d let you get some sleep.” Clifford replied.

“I appreciate that.” Clifford handed me the assault rifle and pistol from the armory. Then he gave Morgan her rifle.

“Let’s get going, everybody’s ready.” Clifford told me “We only have one spot in the truck and one spot in the APC.

“I’ll go in the truck.” I told Morgan

“I guess I’ll take the APC.” She said “I’ll see you at Wellington.”

[“Be careful out there.”] or [“I love you.”]

• Ah, I see I have been right with most of my expectations for this part. I am a bit worried by the Followers, as it is still not clear if these have been remnants of the old group, or if that means that the Followers are going to rise again. Let's just assume it's the former. But yeah, it's good that at least the danger from the inside is over, with Leonidas and Beatrice dead. It's kinda scary how close they came to succeed. I mean, nobody could have seen Beatrice coming, but Leonidas? Good thing Leonidas made a mistake as well when he trusted Katrina. Now all that can be hoped for is that they manage to reclaim Wellington, though I am afraid this is going to be a huge piece of work. I could see this as the finale of the Season though, with them reclaiming Wellington, that might serve as a good ground for the next one.

[“Be careful out there.”]

While "I love you" would be very sweet in this situation and fitting, I know exactly what happens when a couple says goodbye with these words in a zombie apocalypse. I am not going to tempt fate, no, I am not!

Episode 5: Rising From the Ashes Chapter 5: As Long as You’re By My Side People from all across the community rallied to Gwendal. “Nozom

• Awesome start to the new chapter! I loved this part :)

[“Be careful out there.”] I agree with Liquid, haha. I would say "I love you" but I feel like that might somehow lead to something bad lmao.

Episode 5: Rising From the Ashes Chapter 5: As Long as You’re By My Side People from all across the community rallied to Gwendal. “Nozom

• This is probably the most excited I've been to write a chapter this entire episode! It's hard to believe that the next chapter is already the last one of season 3, and for that very fact I plan on making it a very long chapter!

• [“I love you.”]

What happens will happen but if he does not tell her now and if something happens to one of them, then the remaining part of the couple will regret it.

• Voting has closed! Cody will tell Morgan to be careful. Now onto the title and preview for the next chapter!

--

Episode 5: Rising From the Ashes Chapter 6: How’d You End Up Here? The chapter title comes from when Morgan and Cody first met.

--

“I thought you might like it.” Nico smiled sheepishly at Paige, his eyes averted to the ground.

Morgan turned and lifted herself into the APC, she sat at the very end and looked around at the rest of the passenger’s.

Clifford slammed down on the gas pedal and the APC shot forward, nearly ramping over a hill. “Jesus Christ, Cliff!”

“I know.” I spoke solemnly and stood for a moment, paranoid of what could happen.

“Yeah, are you ready for this Derek?” I asked him

The walker’s filled into the area we created for them, their arms were reaching for anything they could clutch in their rotting hands.

I swung my machete violently through the walker’s head.

“Today, we fight for everything. We fight for hope and peace, what happens here today will be the turning point in the rest of our lives. Are you ready?” I asked.

• So, this is the final chapter for Season 3? Oh man, this sounds crazy and it seems a huge battle is going on. I probably can't make too detailed speculation this time, as most seems to be a part of this battle, but I will try.

“I thought you might like it.” Nico smiled sheepishly at Paige, his eyes averted to the ground.

You know what is strange, I somehow thought I remembered that Nico had a thing for Samantha, but I think I seriously misremember that. Anyway, this seems like a rather flirty scene and if I truly remember wrong, it means he might make his move.

Morgan turned and lifted herself into the APC, she sat at the very end and looked around at the rest of the passenger’s.

Clifford slammed down on the gas pedal and the APC shot forward, nearly ramping over a hill. “Jesus Christ, Cliff!”

Hm... it seems the APC is going to get into some trouble there. I wonder if Clifford screws up and gets Morgan killed in an accident, but that sounds somewhat unlikely. But Clifford is definitely not a careful driver and that could cause problems.

“Yeah, are you ready for this Derek?” I asked him

Derek... I don't remember a Derek and I can't seem to find one in the character list as well. Give me an update, has he appeared before, or is this a new character?

The walker’s filled into the area we created for them, their arms were reaching for anything they could clutch in their rotting hands.

I swung my machete violently through the walker’s head.

Yeah, big battle scene, as expected. But Cody seems to have some sort of plan, so that makes me hope that this fight will go with relatively little casualties. Though I am afraid something will go seriously wrong there.

“Today, we fight for everything. We fight for hope and peace, what happens here today will be the turning point in the rest of our lives. Are you ready?” I asked.

Speech incoming. What surprises me is that it happens at the end of the preview, where previous previews have been in order. Besides, holding a speech before confronting walkers, that might not be that necessary. I mean, it sounds like a big, epic speech, not the kind I'd expect from confronting walkers. And if these parts are in order, it will happen after the walker fight is already over, so this seems to hint at a new threat.

Voting has closed! Cody will tell Morgan to be careful. Now onto the title and preview for the next chapter! -- Episode 5: Rising From

• I enjoyed reading your speculations! I can say that there won't be any crash, also Derek is a new character. The speech is just before they clear Wellington, noise isn't a concern for Cody at the moment, in fact it's part of the plan. There isn't going to be a new threat but there's going to be a curveball in the Wellington fight.

So, this is the final chapter for Season 3? Oh man, this sounds crazy and it seems a huge battle is going on. I probably can't make too deta

• Sounds great! I am excited for it. And I agree with Liquids speculation. This sounds like the big final fight of the chapter. Do you know when will it be out?

Voting has closed! Cody will tell Morgan to be careful. Now onto the title and preview for the next chapter! -- Episode 5: Rising From

• edited November 2016

Hopefully it'll be finished in a few more days.

janitor posted: »

Sounds great! I am excited for it. And I agree with Liquids speculation. This sounds like the big final fight of the chapter. Do you know when will it be out?

• So this week was much busier than I anticipated, due to this the chapter will be out sometime this weekend. I apologize for the delay.

• edited November 2016

Episode 5: Rising From the Ashes Chapter 6: How’d You End Up Here?

The Night Before…

Nico opened the door and stepped firmly onto the ground, he reached back into the van and took his bag from the floor. He slung it onto his back and walked forward. He found Paige’s house, just outside of the door he stood. He thought awhile about whether or not it was a good idea. The door suddenly opened and Nico jumped back a bit. “Hey Nico, I see you’re back.” Her hand held onto the door as she spoke with Nico.

“Yeah, we got back just a few minutes ago. I’ve just been…” He said

“Standing out here.” Paige stated “Waiting for me to answer or just nervous to knock?” she grinned.

“I… uh… yeah I was standing out here. I didn’t want to disturb you.” Nico sighed and brought his bag forward.

Paige chuckled a bit “It’s alright Nico, you’re always welcome here.” she smiled at him.

“Oh, well I found something while we were searching for supplies.” Nico stated and began unzipping his bag. He brought out the glass heart and held it out for her.

“It’s beautiful!” Paige’s eyes lit up as she looked onto the art.

“I love it, thank you so much!” Paige hugged Nico, shocked at this Nico didn’t hug back for a moment but finally hugged Paige back. “Why don’t you come inside, you can help me find a good place for it.”

“Sure.” Nico smiled at Paige, they both entered her house and shut the door.

Now...

Morgan turned and lifted herself into the APC, she sat at the very end and looked around at the rest of the passenger’s. I rushed over to the door before they closed it, my mind was flipping through things I could say to her until I just landed on “Morgan, be careful out there.”

“Always am.” Morgan replied quickly before the doors were shut.

“I know.” I spoke solemnly and stood for a moment, paranoid of what could happen. My feet swung around and I quickly made my way back to the truck. I popped the tailgate open and hopped into the back, quickly slamming the tailgate back into place. Almost everyone was conversing between themselves, all I could think about was Morgan. “Shit, you’re Cody right?” Derek turned his head to me.

“Yeah, are you ready for this Derek?” I asked him, the truck roared to life and almost caught me by surprise.

“Fuck yeah I am, it’s time we took back our home.” He slammed the butt of his gun down with determination.

I grinned and slammed the butt of my gun down as well. “You’re damn right it is.” The vehicles ahead began moving forward and soon enough ours joined them. The APC Morgan was in sped forward, our truck was a snail compared to it. I focused my attention from Morgan to the objective at hand, I needed to be ready for what came next.

--

Clifford slammed down on the gas pedal and the APC shot forward, nearly ramping over a hill. “Jesus Christ, Cliff!” Nico laughed and took a final hit from his cigarette. He blew the smoke out of the window and put it out in the ashtray.

“You give that thing to Paige?” Clifford asked

“Yeah, as soon as we got back.” Nico replied

“What’d she think?” Clifford glanced over at Nico

“She loved it.” Nico stated and grinned ear to ear.

--

Wellington came into sight and I could see a large section of the wall completely caved in. Walkers were still scrambling around inside. I brought the walkie-talkie from my belt and up to my mouth. “Clifford, circle around to the left side. Make sure there’s no other parts of the wall down.”

The walkie-talkie buzzed “You got it.”

The truck I was in spun around the front of Wellington, half of the vehicles followed Clifford and half stayed with me. Four of the vehicles were parked in the formation of a V in the opening of the wall. I hopped out of the truck and waited for everyone to join me. “Today, we fight for everything. We fight for hope and peace, what happens here today will be the turning point in the rest of our lives. Are you ready?” I asked. Nods came from the crowd, we were ready. I fired the first round into the air, smoke rose from the barrel. The gunshot captured the attention of every walker inside. Their decaying heads turned and they began stumbling towards us. Two rows were formed, we went along the vehicles and didn’t leave any spot open. The first walker stumbled towards me, it slammed into the other side of the vehicle and reached out for me. I snatched it’s arm and pulled it closer, I swung my machete violently through the walker’s head. The walker’s filled into the area we created for them, their arms were reaching for anything they could clutch in their rotting hands. This was the first step, and it was a damn fine one. “Keep it up!” I yelled to my group. Derek slammed his knife down on a walker’s head and drove the blade deep into it’s skull. I brought my walkie talkie up and spoke into it “Clifford, what’s going on over there?” I asked

--

Clifford stopped the APC just before reaching the opening, already walkers were stumbling out of the opening. The walkers immediately noticed them and already began to pursue them. Clifford turned the key and grabbed his rifle from the back “Well this’ll make things more interesting.” Nico grabbed his equipment and opened the door.

“You got that right.” Clifford grinned and exited the APC. His feet hit the ground and he immediately swung his body around to look at the walkers. He unsheathed his knife and walked forward. The rest of the group had done the same, Morgan was in the back of the group and ready to fight. Clifford kicked a walker in the chest sending it backwards into another. “Alright, you all know the plan. Stay together and don’t let yourself get cornered.” Clifford advised them.

Nico stabbed a walker that stumbled closer to Clifford. “Come on, you gotta be more aware than that.” Nico joked

“Let’s go.” Clifford spoke quietly. They formed into groups of six, covering as much ground as they could. Clifford heard the first gunshot come from Cody’s end. “Alright, they’re gonna be distracted by the noise. We go in, now!” Nico, Morgan, and Clifford all separated in different directions with their groups. Nico went to the left, Clifford to the right, and Morgan through the center.

--

“Alright, we have a cluster of them ahead. Looks like they’re content where they are.” Nico sighed and snuck forward. He got behind the first walker and stabbed it from behind, this caught the attention of the others. The people around Nico joined him and began dispatching walkers left and right. A walker caught Nico off guard, he put his forearm up and held the walker back. Jim came from the left and jammed his blade into the walker’s temple. It fell to the ground in a haste, and just like that they were all dead. “Good work everyone!” Nico encouraged them. “Alright, we have our first building. There could be people trapped or some of the Followers, we don’t know if any of them stayed.”

“Jesus, if we could go without fighting The Followers again that’d be great.” Jim commented

“I hear ya there.” Nico scoffed and swung the door open. “Shit!”

--

Clifford led his group in between the buildings, making sure no walkers remained. There were none in sight, it was suspicious. “Be careful everyone, I don’t like this.” His voice was quiet and calm. He steadied the blade in his hand, turning corners slowly and pressing forward with his group, still nothing. “Clifford, what’s going on over there?” He heard Cody’s voice come from the walkie talkie.

“Shit.” Clifford took the walkie talkie from his belt and spoke into it “Nothing too exciting right now, my group hasn’t seen shit yet.”

“If you don’t find anything where you’re at split up your group and help out Morgan and Nico.” said Cody

“Can do.” Clifford released his finger from the button. He brought his knife back up and heard running behind him. He turned in an instant and found six Followers rushing towards them. He noticed they didn’t have any guns, only knives. “Fuck! Everyone use your knives, we can’t let the herd be drawn back.” The group unsheathed their knives and prepared to fight.

“You don’t belong here, no one does.” The Follower brought out his axe. His eyes never blinking as he stared at the group. He charged forward and swung the axe down with all of his might. April rolled out of the way and the axe plunged straight into the dirt. The rest of the Followers came forward to attack, Clifford’s group struck back. Clifford went toe to toe with the largest member, the Follower’s machete was much bigger than Clifford’s knife. The Follower swung his machete horizontally at Clifford’s head, Clifford ducked. Clifford stabbed he Follower’s knee, it brought him down. Clifford then stabbed him through the eye “Agh!” another Follower charged at Clifford. April tackled the Follower and stuck her blade in her. “Thanks.” Clifford caught his breath.

“Clifford!” April looked at his ribcage.

“What is it?” Clifford looked down and noticed the machete was stuck in his side. He felt the wound and blood covered his hand. “April…” Clifford fell to the ground.

“Help!” April grabbed Clifford’s torso, Ben rushed over to help. Together they carried Clifford back to the APC, the Follower’s were taken care of. April grunted, tears welling in her eyes. It took a while but they were finally back at the APC, April took Clifford’s walkie-talkie in her hands “Cody!”

“Damnit, get back!” Cody ordered “April?”

“The Follower’s are still in Wellington, We fought them off but Clifford got hurt!”

“Shit! Take him back to The Mountain Top, Paige is still there!” Cody rushed his words

April let go of the button “We gotta get him back, there’s a medkit in the back bring it here!” April commanded and laid Clifford in the backseat. “You’re gonna be okay.” April spoke softly to Clifford.

Morgan and Samantha kept their group close together, the walkers were all in front of them. Morgan and her group wore sheets over their clothes and kept away from the herd. “Okay, Samantha and I are going to get a couple of walkers. Stay back, if any of them come your way, kill it.” Morgan and Samantha crept forward at a snail’s pace. Morgan stabbed a walker through the back of it’s skull, catching it before it fell. Samantha stabbed a walker in the temple and drug it back to the group.

“Two of them should be enough, but if we need more, there’s plenty.” Morgan stuck the blade of her knife in the walker’s gut. She tore through the walker’s guts and opened it up, the putrid odor making her grimace with disgust. “Ugh. Son of a bitch!” Morgan muttered under her breath. She took a handful and slathered the guts across her, regretting every moment.

“Guess it’s my turn.” Samantha sighed and took a handful of the guts. She spread it out along her sheet and heard some noises from Clifford’s area. “I think Clifford’s group may be in trouble.” Samantha told Morgan

“Even if that’s true we have to keep going, this is too important.” Morgan stressed as she continued to lather up. Everyone in the group eventually got themselves covered in walker guts. “Alright, now stay together. Try and take out as many walkers as you can without drawing any attention.”

Morgan’s group followed the herd towards Cody’s, killing as many walkers as quietly and quickly as possible. She stabbed several walkers in the head before she heard a tapping on a window, she slowly made her way to the window. She peered inside and didn’t see anything at first, suddenly a woman appeared. Morgan was caught off-guard and her jaw dropped. “Shit!”

“What is it?” Samantha turned around and noticed the woman. “We have to help her!”

“We can’t, that’s Nico’s job. We have to take out as many of these walkers as we can before they all reach Cody.” Morgan stated

“But…” Samantha tried

“No, we have to stick with the plan. No matter what.” Morgan turned back around and walked closer to the herd.

--

I saw Nozomi on the other side of our car wall, she was pulling walkers over the cars and stomping down on their skulls. It was beginning to look like we would be finished but I noticed amongst the herd a person in Follower robes. Then more of them appeared, my eyes widened. He retrieved a grenade from his waistband. “Cody!” I heard a voice through the walkie-talkie. I brought it to my mouth and prepared to speak.

“Damnit, get back!” I ordered “April?”

“The Follower’s are still in Wellington, We fought them off but Clifford got hurt!”

“Shit! Take him back to The Mountain Top, Paige is still there!” I was rushing my words. My group stumbled backwards, eyes locked onto the grenade. “Oh god.” I looked at the vehicles. The Follower pulled the pin and hurled the grenade at the vehicles. I leaped backwards and rolled further away. BOOM! I looked at where the vehicles used to be now just an area bathed in flames. Pieces of the vehicles and walkers shot out in every direction. “AAAUGHH!” I heard Nozomi scream.

“Nozomi!” I leaped up and made a beeline to Nozomi. I scanned her for a wound and found a sharp piece of metal stuck in her leg. “Fuck!”

“I’ll be fine, finish what we started.” Nozomi pushed me away from her. I turned to the fire and brought out my assault rifle, walkers shuffled through the flames. I grit my teeth and opened fire, each bullet passed through a walker. The others joined in with me, though it was hard to see some of the walkers through the flames. “APRIL!” I shouted into the walkie-talkie.

“What is it!?” April replied

“Come back around to the front of Wellington, Nozomi’s been injured!” I told her

“Be right there!”

I brought my rifle back up and fired at more of the walkers. “Derek, stay with Nozomi. Make sure she gets in that APC!”

“You got it!” He rushed over to Nozomi and kept his gun trained on the walkers emerging from the opening.

Without the barrier all of the walkers in Wellington came after us, we were becoming overwhelmed by them. “Cody, there’s too many!”

“Hold ‘em off, just hold ‘em off!” I continued firing my gun.

--

BOOM! Morgan stopped what she was doing and looked at her group. “Jesus Christ!” Samantha shouted.

“Samantha!” Morgan yelled as some of the walkers turned to face her. Morgan rushed to Samantha “We have to get back now!” Morgan drug her back.

“We’re so fucked!” a woman yelled and ran away from the group.

“Fuck it.” Morgan pulled her pistol out of her pistol and began firing at the walkers. Samantha joined and slowly they thinned the herd, continuing to back up. Soon enough Nico’s group stumbled upon Morgan’s group. “We need your help!”

“I can see that!” Nico shot his AK-47 and took out the closest walkers. They rushed towards the exit and found the rest of Clifford’s group. “Come on, we can still do this!”

They all joined forces and took out the walkers stumbling towards them, they could see the end of the herd. Finally it was beginning to look like the end would be sooner than later.

--

I pushed forward, almost back to the entrance. I turned back to Nozomi and my determination strengthened. I squeezed the trigger, bullets sprayed down a wave of walkers. I paced forward and pulled the trigger again, empty. I smashed a walker in the face busting it’s jaw and knocking it back before I leaped away. I put a new clip in and finished off more of the walkers. The bodies piled up and after a couple more clips I didn’t see anymore walkers still standing. I analyzed the area for anymore but still nothing. I could see Morgan and her group ahead, I ran forward. Morgan turned and smiled, I wrapped my arms around her and kissed her cheek. “We did it.”

“We did.” She smiled back at me

“Fucking Followers, everything was smooth as butter until they fucked it up.” Nico spit

“Regardless, it’s over.” I said. BZZT! I heard my walkie-talkie go off

“Cody, we got Nozomi we’re headed back to the Mountain Top.” said April

“Alright, good luck out there.”

“You too.” BZZT!

“Alright, Morgan our groups will start getting the walkers into a burn pile. Nico your group will go through every building and take care of any survivors you find. We cleared this place out but the work’s only begun.” I told them

Several weeks later…

I walked through the community, bright smiles were everywhere. The walls were successfully patched up and the walkers finally gone. A light breeze blew my hair to the side. I approached the entrance to the communications building. I turned the cold knob and slowly pushed the door open. I shut the door behind me and paced towards the radio, I looked at the equipment and smirked. I heard the door open, I turned to face the visitor. I saw Clifford and Morgan both entering. “Good morning” I said

“Good morning yourself.” Clifford groaned and placed his hand on his ribs.

“How’s that healing up?” I asked

“It’s coming along alright, hurts like a sonuvabitch though.” He grimaced

“You able to get any pain medicine from Paige?” I helped him into a chair.

“Yeah, just not a whole lot. Trying to keep some for the other patients, I won’t complain though. I’m not the only one that took a beating.”

“Did you get to talk to Nozomi before you got a ride here?” Morgan asked him

“Yeah, her leg’s doing great. Walking with a cane at the moment.” Clifford popped a few pills out of a bottle.

“It’s good to know that you’re both getting better.” I said

“You know I didn’t think we could get Wellington repaired in this little time but hey what else can we do?” He laughed and then groaned from pain.

“Take it easy there.” Morgan chuckled

“Oh you know me, I’m always taking it easy.” He grinned.

“You got the radio to work?” Morgan looked at the equipment.

“Yeah, with a little help from Joel of course.” I leaned on the table.

“So this has enough range to reach The Mountain Top and The Sanctuary?” Clifford asked

“Yeah, we’ll always be able to contact each other.” I said

“That’s amazing.” Morgan’s eyes lit up.

“That’s not all it’s going to be used for is it.” Clifford stated

“No, I have plans to reach other survivors out there through this radio.” I told him

“Are you sure we’re ready for more people?” Morgan was uncertain

I placed my hand on her shoulder. “It’s time.” I smiled “Who wants to be the first?”

Clifford and Morgan looked at each other. “It’s all you.” Clifford smirked and pointed at Morgan.

“Alright.” She sat down and got close to the mic. “Umm what do I say?”

“Just give a message to survivors out there, let them know there’s a place for them.” I said

“Uh okay.” She cleared her throat. “Wellington, safety for all, community for all.”

“And that’s it.” I grinned and took the headset back.

“Well, I’m gonna go take a nap.” Clifford lifted himself out of the chair. “Thank you Cody, for everything.” He left the building.

Morgan turned back to me and smiled, she placed her hand on my cheek. She placed her lips on mine and kissed me, I kissed her back. “I love you.” I smiled and kissed her again.

“I love you too.” She rested her head on my shoulder.

• edited November 2016

Epilogue

“This is so goddamn stupid. We’ve been walking the whole day!” Jagger complained

“Come on, you heard the voice too!” said Evelyn

“Just because we heard the voice too doesn’t mean we’re eager to do this bullshit.” Michiko sighed and pushed a branch out of the way.

“I don’t know why you guys aren’t more excited, we can finally sleep easy at night!” Danny remained cheerful.

They pushed through the brush in their way, until they found a clearing. “Look, I think I can see something.” Evelyn led them

“Holy shit.” Danny’s jaw dropped he could see Wellington in the distance.

“Is that it?” Jagger was shocked.

“Let’s go!” Evelyn began to sprint towards the gate.

“Damnit Evelyn!” Michiko groaned and ran after her. Jagger and Danny followed.

They approached the gate “Hello!” Danny yelled

“What the fuck Danny!” Michiko backhanded his arm

“Drop your weapons!” They heard a voice through some speakers.

Evelyn and Danny immediately tossed their weapons to the ground. “What the fuck are you doing?” said Jagger

“Do it, we might not get to join if you don’t!” Danny snapped

“Fine.” Jagger dropped his gun and nodded at Michiko. She dropped her weapon last. A few moments passed.

“Well…?” Michiko scowled

“What are your names?” The voice continued

“I’m Evelyn, they’re Danny, Jagger, and Michiko.” She pointed at them

“The gate will open momentarily, your weapons will be picked up and taken to the armory.”

“We’ve made it.” Evelyn closed her eyes and smiled.

The gate began to open, the group waited. The gate was finished opening, they could see a man and a woman waiting for them. “Hi, I’m Cody and this is Morgan.” He said

“Welcome to Wellington.”

End of Season 3...

• Now that the season's over tell me your thoughts? What'd you think of the season?

• Man, this was a very fitting end to the Season! It has definitely been the longest season, not only in terms of time to write, but also in terms of part length. You even reached the length limit with this final part and that is always a good thing. Makes me very interested in where the next season is going to take things.
    Now, the part itself was nice. As expected, a big, rather epic battle. Though have I seen it correctly that no named character died? This is a rather refreshing change. I thought Nozomi was dead for a moment, but it appears I was certainly wrong on this one. And of course it is a relief that Morgan managed to survive.
    Anyways, keep up the good work! I look forward for the next season. Do you already know when it will start?

Now that the season's over tell me your thoughts? What'd you think of the season?

• I'm glad you like the part! I'm expecting season 4 to be released mid January to early Febuary. I was kind of shocked at the length, I was expecting to have more room. Also do you know how to edit a discussion, If so could you PM me how?

Man, this was a very fitting end to the Season! It has definitely been the longest season, not only in terms of time to write, but also in t

• Hm, Januara/February, that's quite a long wait, but well, I'm patiently waiting =) And well, that chapter was indeed longer than usual, way longer. That said, I am a bit surprised you never hit the length limit before, as the chapters, especially in this episode, have never been short. Now it happened and there couldn't have been a more fitting chapter for it.

Also, of course I know a trick to edit your discussion. I'll be sending you a PM about it in a minute!

I'm glad you like the part! I'm expecting season 4 to be released mid January to early Febuary. I was kind of shocked at the length, I was expecting to have more room. Also do you know how to edit a discussion, If so could you PM me how?

• Awesome finale! Loved the intensity and glad everything came together nicely in the end. Also very relieved no one got killed.

As for the season, it was probably one of, if not the best season so far in my opinion, also kudos for writing a very long season. I like most of the characters and you've developed them nicely. I'm really excited to see what you have in store for the future of this story because it's a truly great story which really deserves much more readers. Keep up the great work :)

Epilogue “This is so goddamn stupid. We’ve been walking the whole day!” Jagger complained “Come on, you heard the voice too!” said Eve

• edited November 2016

Thanks! I appreciate your kind words. It would indeed be nice to have more readers, but I appreciate the ones I have :)

Partition posted: »

Awesome finale! Loved the intensity and glad everything came together nicely in the end. Also very relieved no one got killed. As for the

• No problem! Anytime. I'm glad you do, but if there's ever a chance I get to spread the word about this story I definitely will :)

Thanks! I appreciate your kind words. It would indeed be nice to have more readers, but I appreciate the ones I have

• This final chapter was awesome! My favorite chapter out of the entire story so far and a good end for Season 3. I am so happy I found this story and I look forward for Season 4!

Epilogue “This is so goddamn stupid. We’ve been walking the whole day!” Jagger complained “Come on, you heard the voice too!” said Eve

• I now have the basic outline of Season 4 finished, I'm soon going to be writing the first chapter of Episode 1. It also might be release earlier than I previously stated ;). I'm going to be posting a description of the season soon.

• Ah, good to hear it! I look forward for it to start, especially as I don't have even the slightest idea what could happen. The first two seasons have ended with scenes that at least gave me ideas on how it will continue, but with Season 4, everything could be possible.

I now have the basic outline of Season 4 finished, I'm soon going to be writing the first chapter of Episode 1. It also might be release earlier than I previously stated . I'm going to be posting a description of the season soon.

• edited December 2016

Overview of Season 4...

It's been 3 years since the Follower War. Wellington, The Sanctuary, and The Mountain Top are thriving in the new world. But can peace last? With tensions mounting among the communities and new problems surfacing can the world they've built for themselves last?

I didn't want to give too much away but I hope you enjoy. Progress has been good, I have most of the first chapter ready!

• So there will be a timeskip, this is cool! I hope it will start soon. I have a question, have you seen the character I have sent to you?

Overview of Season 4... It's been 3 years since the Follower War. Wellington, The Sanctuary, and The Mountain Top are thriving in the new

• edited January 2017

Yeah, I've seen your character.

So there will be a timeskip, this is cool! I hope it will start soon. I have a question, have you seen the character I have sent to you?

• Ok great! When will the new season start?

Yeah, I've seen your character.

• I'm hoping to get it started at the end of January or in the beginning of February. I've had a lot going on lately and hit a major case of writer's block. I want to make sure to start it off right.

Ok great! When will the new season start?

• Awesome that means it starts soon :) Good luck with it but I think it will be awesome!

I'm hoping to get it started at the end of January or in the beginning of February. I've had a lot going on lately and hit a major case of writer's block. I want to make sure to start it off right.

• Update: I'm so sorry for the delay, I've had serious writer's block and I can't get out of it. I'm trying everything and hopefully I get over it sooner than later. I really want to make this the best season by far, I appreciate you all as fans and I'm so grateful for all the positive feedback you've given. Thanks!

• Hey, it's alright! We're still here and still excited for the next season to start, so take your time. Writer's block can be a bitch, but I have no doubt that it will eventually go away. If you want to, I could give you a couple of tips, as someone who has been successful at avoiding writer's block for the past two years. That said, I look forward for this season, considering that you want to make it the best by far.

Update: I'm so sorry for the delay, I've had serious writer's block and I can't get out of it. I'm trying everything and hopefully I get ove

• Finally busted out of it for a bit, got quite a bit done! Hopefully this continues and I can finish the chapter.

Hey, it's alright! We're still here and still excited for the next season to start, so take your time. Writer's block can be a bitch, but I

• Don't worry about it man! Don't stress out over it and know that you are in absolutely no rush. I'm looking forward to this story to continue :)

Update: I'm so sorry for the delay, I've had serious writer's block and I can't get out of it. I'm trying everything and hopefully I get ove

• Was finally able to catch up with this, season 3 was fantastic and it'll only get better from here. Can't wait for season 4, take all the time you need. :)

• Im here too dont worry! I hope the writing goes well for you but I can wait :)

Sign in to comment in this discussion.