Trend Micro throws Red Flag when launching Homestar105.exe

edited January 2009 in Game Support
Hi! I wanted to let you know of an error I'm receiving from my firewall (Trend Micro Internet Security) when launching SBCG4AP Episode 5. This is the error I receive:

Suspicious Activity Blocked
Homestar105.exe (11996) is attempting to configure Windows so that a program library (DLL) is automatically loaded by some or all of your applications. If the DLL is malicious, this change can drastically affect your computer's security and stability.

Details
Program: Homestar105.exe
Reason: Program Library Injection
Risk: High
Publisher: Telltale Games
Routine Name: NtUserSetWindowsHookEx

This is the first time receiving this error when playing any Telltale Games publication. I'm not sure exactly what the game could be doing to my computer to warrant intervention by my firewall, though, seeing as I downloaded the game directly from a trusted source (My Telltale)... =/

Comments

• edited January 2009
    About TrendMicro Warning.. If FULL Virus scan comes clean. Don't worry out it.. TrendMicro is limiting the program from loading all the files. Activate Windows Defender and run scan also.

Can you close this Trendmicro Warning? and play game.. if not you need to remove from internet cord/wireless and turn off trend Micro and play Strong Bad game. then restart PC to activate Tend Micro. Good Luck! hope this helps.
This discussion has been closed.