Changes from SBCG4AP for Season Three?

2»

Comments

• edited December 2008
    Jake wrote: »
    Did 204 have a map? I guess it had the list of time-cards. That's not really a map, it's a list... but then again the "map" in SBCG4AP isn't a map either, it's also just a list of shortcuts which is presented like a map for comedic purposes. The defense rests. :confused:
    Oh I don't care how you arrange the shortcuts or if it can really be called a "map", so long as they're there. The way you could go almost anywhere in one step in 204 (and sbcg4ap, even without using the map icon directly) was a breath of fresh air, and if you can get something like that back I don't care how you do it.
  • edited December 2008
    wisp wrote: »
    also, different weather conditions would be awesome. i don't know how possible this would be though...

As long as they didnt go all-out rediculous, weather is easy to simulate, especially in the small environments. Rain would be the most difficult because you'd have to deal with reflective puddles (especially if tehy encorporated the "costumes" idea) which effectivly double the polycount of the character walking near them. As for others, even a tornado would be easy to simulate because it would jsut be more animations or altered animations (i.e. sam's clothes and max's ears flapping around like crazy when they walked) and a few sound effects.

I do agree this would be a nice touch, though I want to see it acctually have some effect! lots of games (namely the Zelda franchise) Roll clouds of rail through and all it does is make the image on-screen a tad hazy, there are no puddles, nothing gets wet, it's not realistic enough (though granted this is a hella lot larger world than S+M so tehy have to cut back in places) if done properly it could REALLY suck you in and make the realism scale go a LOT higher.
Sign in to comment in this discussion.