Pictures in the Signatures

edited December 2008 in Site Support
Will this ever happen on the forum here?:confused:

Comments

• edited December 2008
    I hope not. People post the most obnoxious things in images that they cant/wont post in text. Also people love to make images that are are as alrge as the whole page!

Dont do it! I like having clean forums. I'm not even 100% for the Avatars!
  • edited December 2008
    Doesn't this belong in the forum improvement thread?
  • edited December 2008
    Good point, Napoleon. Though GC was a good first guess, I think.
  • JakeJake Telltale Alumni
    edited December 2008
    Nope we won't be doing pictures in signatures. All that does is encourage people to draw attention to themselves through frivolous fluff attached to their posts, instead of what should matter -- what they're saying!
  • edited December 2008
    ohh, come on..isn't it great to read two or three banners, several dozens of small internet pets and a few of these "what games am i currently playing"-thingies every time someone posts a single line?:D

no, seriously, the presence of images in signatures usually results in a tremendous waste of space, making it sometimes hard to find the actual content...
  • edited December 2008
    wisp wrote: »
    ohh, come on..isn't it great to read two or three banners, several dozens of small internet pets and a few of these "what games am i currently playing"-thingies every time someone posts a single line?:D

no, seriously, the presence of images in signatures usually results in a tremendous waste of space, making it sometimes hard to find the actual content...

I guess so, But can't you waste a serious amount of space with text too?
  • edited December 2008
    natlinxz wrote: »
    I guess so, But can't you waste a serious amount of space with text too?

Yes, but space is more likely to be wasted with images.
  • edited December 2008
    Just to prove a point (look at attachment) yes... that is raw text...
  • edited December 2008
    Ashton wrote: »
    Just to prove a point (look at attachment) yes... that is raw text...

I don't think anybody was questioning the fact that text can take up a lot of space. They were just saying that pictures have a higher likelihood of being larger than just a text signature. And with that I think this discussion has reached a stalemate.
This discussion has been closed.