Overweight computer programmers

edited January 2005 in General Chat
What gives? It seems like the correllation between game quality and programmer obesity is weakening. Don't get me wrong, the telltale team are quite the strapping specimens, but a little weight might give you that extra "leverage". The anchor in your "tug of war", if you will. If salary is the issue, then consider consuming mass quantities of pork rinds and beef jerky. You know, trucker food. I... I don't really know where I'm going with this.

Comments

• edited January 2005
    Programmers are overweight because they sit around all day programming and don't go outside or do anything else. Maybe they need to sit down and work more instead of going out and having lives and stuff.

Get in your closest and have food delivered.
  • edited January 2005
    yeah telltale need to sit at a computer more..once they are morbidly obese will we get the game we want! :-?
  • edited January 2005
    Exactly. They should be so fat that when you buy the game, there are sticks of butter inside the box.

would it be possible...?

just think... having the option to super-size the burger and soda that comes with your game.

And the dudes from telltale need to post more. Interaction with the team is always cool. I still play with my He-Man dolls.
  • edited January 2005
    someone should be filming a documentary.. telltale team sits at computer all day programming eating nothing but pizza and take away and they become obese/depressed/and impotent.. it will be a surefire hit!
  • HeatherleeHeatherlee Telltale Alumni
    edited January 2005
    Including sticks of butter in games would up the cost of the game, especially since a special refrigerated department would have to be set up in the game store.

Don't get your hopes up too high about our programmers gaining too much weight. Between Graham's healthy eating habits, Kevin's hockey playing and Randy having to keep up with pre-teen daughters, this crew isn't likely to tip scales anytime soon.

-Heather
  • edited January 2005
    I heard, that being skinny and fit is 'in' these days :)
  • edited January 2005
    I've heard that too, but I never really believed it.
  • edited January 2005
    As long as the games they make are fat (as in: full of cool stuff) - I don't care what the programmers look like.

If games did come with sticks of butter they might sell better, all food that is really bad sells well.
  • edited January 2005
    Ohhh, i thought it was spelt phatt.
  • edited January 2005
    are you prepared to back that up heather..how about we weigh the combined telltame team now.. and weigh them again once the game is complete.. of course all the fans guess the difference in weight plus or minus between now and then..the person who is the most accurate wins a copy of the new game...

ps. i may have gone completely mad waiting for the announcement of the new game..
  • HeatherleeHeatherlee Telltale Alumni
    edited January 2005
    hmmm....interesting....torturing my co-workers is a fabulous idea as long as it causes no pain to myself.

We would need to find a scale though. And it might be tough to wrestle Kevin onto a scale. He can be a little sensitive.

Heather
This discussion has been closed.