Season one translations

edited January 2009 in Sam & Max
Hello there,

I've just bought the season one dvd and completed three out of six episodes. Damn funny so far, thanks you all for developing this game :D
Anyway, back to the topic. I'm an italian customer and I've noticed quite a number of mistakes in the game's translation (one for all, the "cow" in midtown cowboys misteriously becomes a "crow" when translated in some sentences) and a generally poor polished work.
So I was wondering who handled the translation and if there's any possibility to fix such problems (a patch maybe?). I hope season two to be immune from these glitches. Is that likely?

Oh, another little thing: do you think introducing customizable subtitles' speed in the options menu would be a huge amount of work? I can barely finish reading them more often than not (and I'm not a slow-reading person at all). 50% of the fun go lost since I can't relish the whole scene. Quite bothering indeed.

Thanks in advance for your attention, and compliments again for the game :D

Comments

• edited January 2009
    Well I am from Italy too and can confirm that the localisation is far from good but let's take it as a Max caffeine inspired one.

As for subtitles yes , they are too fast , but I think that slow subtitles spoil characters as them two and their mimic.
  • edited January 2009
    costanet wrote: »
    Well I am from Italy too and can confirm that the localisation is far from good but let's take it as a Max caffeine inspired one.
    Well, aside from the joke I think that if you do something it's worth doing it at your best. Even if I don't know how much part telltale had into this.
    As for subtitles yes , they are too fast , but I think that slow subtitles spoil characters as them two and their mimic.
    That's exactly why I'm asking for customizable speed :D
    So that you can watch the scene and then read the subs (or viceversa) without having to spin your eyes around like crazy. Taking that to extremes, the game could even wait for the user to press a button before going over the next scene.

Anyway I'm probably going to create a little petition to gather other users' adhesions (if any) so if you want to join you're welcome :D

P.S.: of course a full italian dubbing would be the perfect solution, but I don't dare asking much :D
  • edited January 2009
    I dream of the day we will launch a version in Portuguese for the series, played throughout the first season in Spain, and certainly at times the legend passed very quickly, as soon customizable speed would be very interesting.
Sign in to comment in this discussion.