201 hint bug

edited February 2009 in Game Support
I bought the DVD version of season 2 and play episode 201 when sudenly... The horror : Max won't give me any clues. even with hint level 5, yes I tried to play again I even tried to uninstall und install the game again. Is there a key that would make max say a clue right after pushing it or a patch, please help

P.S: I am using a windows
P.P.S: I have not that problem with the other episodes

Comments

• edited January 2009
    Telltale please help
  • JakeJake Telltale Alumni
    edited January 2009
    What have you done that makes you think that? Tried walking between environments a few times without solving anything? Tried clicking on things with no rhyme or reason? Max should eventually just say something.
  • edited January 2009
    sorry for make you come over there. I will see that today
  • edited January 2009
    nope still no sign of clues, sorry Jake
  • WillWill Telltale Alumni
    edited January 2009
    You have to be a little patient with the hints. They don't just spring up immediately and sometimes it isn't always clear that it is a hint. Pretty much any time Max says a line while you are just walking around, it's a hint.
  • edited January 2009
    I don't want to be rude but I know what Max's hints look like : I played the demo and I didn't have that bug
  • edited January 2009
    I usually get a hint in the other episodes by having 3 or 4 error messages but the hint option seem kind of dull for me, like the warp drive option in season one
  • WillWill Telltale Alumni
    edited January 2009
    Error messages? Of what type?
  • edited January 2009
    The way the hint system should work is a counter goes up every time you click on something not related to the puzzle. Can you try clicking on the same item a bunch of times and see if max gives a hint. You can skip the lines to make this quicker but be careful not to skip through Max's.
  • edited January 2009
    I call error messages every time sam says :Nothin'Doin', Not happenin', when using a item with something else
  • edited January 2009
    I clicked the coatrack 30 times and Max won't give me any clues, I'm sure there's a problem What should I do ?
  • edited February 2009
    Hi Telltale! It's me, the original ladies' man, the human wedgie, the midnight rider, the popcorn lumper: SuperBosco. I didn't make any more comments in this topic because I forgot a little Strong Bad and Sam and Max for other games like Destroy All Humans and Sims. Then I remembered about Sam and Max and I replayed Ice Station Santa but it seemed like my long pause didn't resolve this bug and yes I have waited thirty minutes and Max or any charaters left a clue. So any ideas?
  • edited February 2009
    Why do you even need clues? I find the puzzles way too easy.
  • edited February 2009
    Yes I know but some hints really made me laugh, I remember when Moai Better Blues when Max said in the final act "Maybe if that giant triangle stops moving around I can find a solution with our volcano problem." It made me laugh during ten minutes before I could stop.
This discussion has been closed.