The Walking Dead: Humane (REBOOTING)

edited October 2015 in Forum Games

Deleted

Comments

• edited August 2014
    So, ignore this.
  • Seems cool. I'm in :)

• edited July 2014

I might as well start writing it now, as the first chapter in the episode will be a flashback chapter to the beginning of the apocalypse, and won't include player made characters. Still feel free to make them though, as I will introduce a lot of characters in Crawford. :D

• Episode 1: A New Day

Chapter 1: Down The Rabbit Hole 1/12

"Has anyone ever told you that you look like Anne Hathaway?"

"Yes, a few, but mostly you."

The brown-haired woman who did in FACT look like Anne Hathaway grinned from across the table, right at her husband Matthew Andrews. The blonde man with the blue baseball cap smiled back, showing a grin that made it increasingly obvious he didn't brush his teeth today. The two sat in a Wendy's, just having seen a movie on their first date in a while. The two had been married for 9 years now, and haven't had a date since....

A year? Maybe? Emily Andrews couldn't quite remember, so she took a sip from her Coca-Cola, still looking at Matthew across the table. He looked at her with that dopey grin again, and she almost laughed. His pretend stupidity was actually endearing.

She was so beautiful. Even in her white t-shirt, and her purple shorts, she was beautiful. Even with those goddamn green bracelets she wore around her neck, she was beautiful to Matthew. Maybe not to other people, but to him she was great. She had those longs locks of hair that just touched over her shoulders, and they were GREAT. Matthew was suddenly awoken from his dopeyness, as a hand waved in front of him. "Hello? Earth to Matthew." Emily waved her hand right in front of Matthew's face, him suddenly snapping back to reality. "Uh, right. Sorry."

"Caught you staring."

She grinned again, and Matthew finally regained his composure and decided to make a comeback. "Sorry, you had something right.... there." He made a hand motion that waved all around his face, then slyly smiled.

"Funny." Emily replied, just as an old song started playing over the intercom of the Wendy's. "Ooh, gotta love this song." She did a small Cabbage Patch, making her arms swung out in front of her one time, then sang along to the words of the song. "That's cute." Matthew replied, but his replies were drowned out by Emily's loud singing. "Everyone's watching! To see what you will doooo!" She sang out more, and Matthew started laughing. It actually was sort of cute, in an extremely strange and drunken way. "Everybody's, working, for the weekend!" She droned on, and Matthew heard the steps of the cashier echoing in the Wendy's. "Want a piece of my heart!" Emily sang one last time, just as the cashier, a short, chubby, Hispanic woman stood behind them, her hands on her hips and her mouth curled into a scowl.

"Can you two leave already? It's 11:00. You've been here for two hours."

Matthew looked at Emily, who appeared to be trying to contain her laughter. Matthew nodded, also trying to hide a smile, as he peered at the woman's shirt, the button on the front already having snapped off. Beer made anything funny. "Sure, sure, we're leaving." Matthew said, as he grabbed Emily's hand and pulled her off towards the door. Once they exited into the cold nighttime air, the couple immediately burst out laughing. "Oh god, did you see her button?" Emily exclaimed, and the two were thrown into another fit of laughter. "Yeah, it was gone! I think it just snapped away!" The two once more started laughing away in the parking lot, and took a good minute to regain their composure. Beer made ANYTHING funny.

"We should probably get back to Cynthia." Emily said, after they finally stopped their laughing fits. The two jumped in their white Ford Escape, after realizing they were long past Cynthia's bedtime. They were supposed to get back before 10:00, and now it was 11:00. Hopefully the babysitter was still there, and wasn't too angry. Emily jumped in the passenger seat, just after declaring "Shotgun" and Matthew had jumped into the driver's seat. Matthew drove down the country road, going two over the speed limit. Of course, the limit was only 30, but that was still kind of fast, right? Matthew was hard at thinking about the safety of his daughter when Emily spoke up again. "I really liked this. Thanks. We should do it again." She gave Matthew a small peck on the cheek, and he smiled, and looked at her, taking his eyes off of the empty and desolate road. "Oh you." He playfully replied, but his attention was diverted by Emily's sudden facial expression change into fear. "Holy shit!" She screamed, just as Matthew turned to see the person walking across the road. They crashed into the person, their body thrown off into a ditch on the side of the road. The Escape spun out of control, stopping in the middle of the road, right on the yellow lines.

Matthew released his hands from the wheels, then looked at Emily. She seemed fine, if just a little shocked and thrown off. "Oh fuck. Oh fuck. Oh my fucking god!" Matthew yelled, and he hit the horn, causing it to sound off into the forest. "We just fucking killed someone!" He cried out once again, as Emily stood there speechless. Matthew almost leapt out of the car, feeling sick to his stomach. He wanted to throw up. He really did. Just. Maybe he didn't kill the person. A small ray of hope shone in Matthew's heart, as he ran for the ditch, looking for the person. "Hello? Are you okay?!" He called out into the darkness, but got no response. Except for what sounded like a moaning. Not a pained moaning, more so something like, when breath left a body when someone died.

Did they kill someone? Matthew feared, but was soon helped by a figure rising up from the ditch. "Thank god you're alive. You're alive? Wait. How the fuck are you alive?!" He yelled, and he felt a hand touch his shoulder, as Emily walked up beside him. "They're okay?!" She said, then turned to see the figure that walked towards them. It was horrific. The person's face was rotted, they were missing an arm and their clothes were torn and worn. Their eyes were soulless, and it groaned out, reaching for Emily. "No!" Matthew grabbed Emily and pulled her back, and the two ran back for the car. The two sped off, and they looked at each other in horror. "What the fuck was that?!" Emily cried out, tears welling up in her eyes. "Shit. We need to get to Cynthia. We need to get to Cynthia."

Emily and Matthew burst through the doors to their home, and found the babysitter, Betty, watching late night TV. "Hello there, younger ones. What's the rush?"

"Where's Cynthia?" Emily said, slightly calming herself after seeing Sandra calm and cool. "She's in her bed, sleeping." Matthew nearly busted down the door trying to get to Cynthia. She was sleeping, just like the old Betty had said. Matthew flipped on the lights, and Cynthia drowsily awoke. "Dad?" She called out, as Matthew kneeled down to Cynthia, and pulled her out of bed. "You okay Cee?" He said, and when the 9-year old nodded, he smiled. She was also quite adorable, with black hair that was shaped into a ponytail ALL the time, and three light freckles that dotted her face. She looked very similar to her mother, and that was the way Matthew liked it. "Get dressed, we have to go."

"Okay, where are we going?"

"I'll tell you later, okay?"

Cynthia nodded, and Matthew calmly left her to her room. He saw Emily and Betty conversing in the living room, Betty having filled in Emily on the details of what had happened. "Well, I heard on the news that there were some mass gangings, but I think that's just crap from the media. Always trying to feed us garbage."

Matthew piped into the situation. "I think what their trying to tell us is true. Tonight, me and Emily, we..."

He stopped for a moment, carefully considering his words. "We saw someone. They looked like they were dead, and there was piece of their flesh rotting off. I think... I think that's what the media was talking about. Whatever the hell that thing was. To be honest, I'd say it looked like one of those things from the old zombie movies, as dumb as that sounds."

Betty smiled warmly, and stood up from her seat. "Well, if it's that bad, you better get miss Cynthia here safe."

Matthew attempted to protest against Betty's obvious non-belief, but was hushed by a sudden knocking at the door. All heads turned towards the door, Betty's smile growing wider and kinder. "I'll answer it."

"Betty, don't-"

"Oh, hush. I'll answer the door. You two are obviously worked out, I can answer it."

This time Emily stood up, with worry in her voice and her eyes. "Betty, listen, we're not drunk."

Betty wasn't listening, and Matthew started walking over, raising up a hand to stop her, but it was too late. The door swung open, and in fell one of the living dead. It groaned out, grabbing Betty by the shoulder and lunging it's teeth into her arm, moving it's way up to her neck. Betty didn't even get a chance to scream, but her limp body fell to the ground, the insane person still chewing away. Cynthia let out a whimper and a few tears fell from her eyes, as Emily cried out. Matthew's eyes widened for a second, but he snapped out of his trance and ran over to the man. "Betty!" He grabbed the man, slinging it off of Betty, but was counter-attacked by the man jumping on him. "Fuck!" Matthew said, the walker chomping and growling at him. It was suddenly knocked off, with Emily standing overhead with a lampshade. Matthew quickly and clumsily crawled away, bringing himself to his feet. He grabbed Cynthia up in his arms, and the three ran out into the night, as the walker continued it's buffet on Becky's dead body.

The three jumped into the car once more, Matthew in the driver's, Emily in the passenger's, and Cynthia in the back. They drove into the suburbs, hoping they would never have to deal with one of those things again.

"Isn't this Ed and Diana's house?" Emily asked, looking at the suburban house in front of them. The trio had stopped due to a traffic jam in front of them, getting out of their car when they realized someone had crashed. They hadn't been driving for too long, maybe fifteen minutes, and they had stopped here. Realizing that the above situation was hopeless to drive through, and Cynthia mentioning this was her friend's house, they had stopped and walked up to the back door. "Clementine's parents aren't here though. They went to Savannah." Cynthia said as a matter of factly, and Matthew looked back as they walked upon the house. "Then who's staying with Clementine?"

"Sandra."

"Good, I always liked Sandra. She was nice."

Sandra had participated in babysitting jobs around the neighborhood, and according to most was quite friendly and compassionate. She wasn't available that night, or else they would've called her in. Now they knew what she was up to. The family walked up to the back porch, and Matthew tapped on the glass, seeing Clementine and Sandra sitting in the living room watching TV. Matthew waved a hand, and Sandra turned around smiling, as did Clementine. The two walked up to the glass doors and opened them. "Hi, Mr. and Mrs. Andrews. What are you two doing here? Hi Cynthia."

"You don't have to call us that, it sounds too formal. We're here because we had to leave our home, because of those...things. We were driving out of town, but there's a road block up ahead, so we decided to stay here."

"Well, you're welcome to come in. I'm sure Ed and Diana won't mind, considering what's happening."

The three walked inside the safety of the house, and the glass doors shut. The blinds in the front of the house were shut, and the lights were turned off, the only illuminating the room was the TV and the moon shining through the glass doors. Clementine and Cynthia joined up together on one side of the room, and Emily, Matthew and Sandra went to the other, sitting down on the couch. Emily spoke up first. "So, what were you two's plans?"

"We were going to leave, as that's what the news was saying. Stay away from cities and stuff. But then you guys started talking about how the road was blocked up ahead, so I don't know. Personally, I'd say it's Matthew's call."

"That works for me." Emily said, and the two looked towards him.

"Um..." Matthew sputtered with his words, trying to make a decision. Think Matthew, think!

[We should leave now, like the news said.] or [We should wait here a few days, just in case.]

(Sorry for the extremely long part, I just got a little bit excited. :P)

• What an awesome start! I'll submit characters for sure. Oh, and let's [leave now, like the news said.]

Episode 1: A New Day Chapter 1: Down The Rabbit Hole 1/12 "Has anyone ever told you that you look like Anne Hathaway?" "Yes, a few,

• [We should leave now, like the news said.]

Episode 1: A New Day Chapter 1: Down The Rabbit Hole 1/12 "Has anyone ever told you that you look like Anne Hathaway?" "Yes, a few,

• [We should leave now, like the news said]

I like this part and I'm gonna submit a character later.

• edited July 2014

Voting is closed! They will leave now, like the news said.

Thanks for the compliments guys! :D

• edited July 2014

Episode 1: A New Day

Chapter 1: Down The Rabbit Hole 2/12

( ! ) You chose to leave now.

"I think we need to leave now, like the news said." Matthew said, and Sandra shrugged. "Then it's settled, let's go." Sandra stood up and called for Clementine to get ready, and the two girls stood up and away from Clementine's coloring book. "Hold on, let me get my hat." The young girl said, and quickly ran upstairs to her room. Sandra looked quickly at her watch, and it was silent for the time that Clementine ran upstairs. That was when a gunshot suddenly rang out across the street, causing Matthew to run to the blinds, followed by Emily. "What's happening?" A shaking Sandra said, her lips quivering.

"There's someone shooting out there! Not at the dead ones either. He's shooting at people!" Emily said, her eyes widening and her head flipping around to Sandra. Matthew stood up from his perch, his eyes towards the ground and his mouth open. "We'll have to go out the back then. Through those woods."

Clementine came running downstairs, shaking and looking around. "We have to go out the back. There's someone shooting." Cynthia filled Clementine in, who frowned sadly, but nodded. While those two were talking, Sandra walked into the kitchen and opened a cabinet, pulling out a pack of batteries and a flashlight. "Let's go." She threw he flashlight to Matthew, who caught it, looking down at it. "Okay. Let's go."

The five survivors walked outside into the night, avoiding and ignoring the man firing a pistol into the crowd of cars. Sandra climbed the fence first, her brown hair unable to be seen behind the fence. "Okay, give me the girls." Her hands reached up atop the fence, and Matthew hoisted Clementine up first. "Ok, next!" She whispered again, as Cynthia was lifted into the air and into Sandra's arms. "Who's next?" Matthew stepped back, allowing Emily access to cross the fence. "Thanks." She smiled, and climbed over it with ease. Next was Matthew. "Okay, okay, let's do this." He put one hand on top of the fence, and pulled himself up, pulling his legs onto the ground on the other side. "Alright, we did-" Matthew was stopped dead in his tracks as the flashlight shone on something at the bottom of the forested hill. A car. A police car, to be exact. And it was upside down, pieces of broken glass strewn about. "There's a man." Cynthia pointed out, as the light came to rest on an old balding man, a blood trail behind him and a shotgun in front. "We heard a crash this afternoon, but we didn't think anything of it." Sandra soon said, as the group slid down the hill. Emily carefully walked past the dead body, sneaking over him, as Matthew picked up the shotgun. He checked the chamber, realizing it was empty. "No ammo. Figures." He looked around for any bullets littering the ground, seeing three stray ones below him.

He grabbed the shells in his hand, and managed to put one in before he heard a call from Emily. "There's someone in here." She said, and the other four gave looks towards each other. "Girls, stay back." He said to Cynthia and Clementine, as Sandra nodded, stepping front of them. Emily knocked on the glass at the man inside, hoping he would wake up from his unconscious state. The glass fell out on her third hit, the man now opening his eyes and grumbling. "Huh?" He said, and then suddenly cringed, grabbing his leg and blowing air through his teeth. "Whoa, whoa, don't get up just yet buddy. Your leg looks...bad." Matthew replied to his groans, looking at Emily then back to the man. "We're going to help you out the window, okay?" The man nodded, and Matthew and Emily reached through the window, grabbing the man's outstretched arms. They pulled him up to the window, pulling the man's body through the window. They held him up, getting him to his feet.

"Thanks for the help. I...ugh...need a hospital. My name's Lee."

"I'm Matthew, that's my wife Emily. The teenage girl is Sandra, and the two little girls, are Cynthia and Clementine. Cynthia's my daughter."

"It's...nice to...meet you folks. I can't thank you more for...helping me."

Lee cringed in between his words, his leg obviously hurting terribly. "You think we can climb up that ledge?" Lee said, looking up to where his car had flew off of. "And I know it looks bad, being in the back of a cop car."

"Don't worry about it. It doesn't matter anymore. I don't know what you did, or why you did it, but it doesn't matter." Matthew replied, as Lee smiled. "Thanks."

(!) Lee will remember that.

That was when a scream was heard from the little girls, as the three heads spun around to Cynthia, the police officer with a hand gripping her leg. "Cynthia!" Matthew grabbed the shotgun, and stepped on the police officer's arm. The rotten arm snapped, and the dead cop looked up at Matthew, bring it's other arm to try and grab him. Matthew pointed the shotgun at the man's head, and pulled the trigger. The shotgun flew into Matthew's chest, and he fell over on the ground. "Shit, man." Lee stated, and the six people looked down at the police officer Matthew had just killed. "What the fuck was that?" Lee said, and Emily replied. "You, haven't seen them yet? It was all on the news." Her eyes glanced at the police car, and it tripped off in her mind. Oh, right. "They're monsters. They look like people, but they're not. If one of them bites you, you turn into one."

"Damn."

"Let's just get out of here." Sandra whimpered, walking up to the ledge and pointing towards it. "Can you...shine the light this way?"

"Uh...yeah. I can." Matthew pointed the light towards the ledge, and Sandra nodded and began climbing up. Cynthia and Clementine climbed up next, having gone on a rock wall before at an amusement park, they were actually quite good at climbing. They still needed help from Sandra to pull them up, but other than that they were good. Matthew and Lee let Emily go next, and she climbed up with ease. "You can go next Lee." Lee shook his head. "No, you got a family up there. Besides, it'll be easier if you pull me up instead of push me up."

Matthew nodded and headed for the ledge, when his ears caught something. He turned his head around, to see many figures walking towards the group. Matthew quickly began climbing, and when he made it to the top, he looked down at Lee. Holding out a hand, he motioned for him to jump. "Come on! You'll have to take the pain! Jump!" Emily reached her hand down too, and Lee did double takes between the hands and the zombie in the woods. "Okay, okay. I can do this. I can do this." He said, then leapt for the hands. "Argh!" He cried out, as Matthew and Emily pulled Lee up from the ground. "Sandra! Help!" Sandra ran over, reaching to Lee's arms, and began pulling on one. Finally, just before the hungry monsters below could grab him, they pulled him up to the ledge. The zombies below reached their arms up ineffectively, unable to get their sweet flesh.

Matthew stood up from his position on the ground, then helped Lee and Emily up. Sandra had already stood up, looking at the interstate in front if them. "There's a car over there. It looks empty, and it could fit all of us."

Before Matthew could protest, Sandra had already run across the street, and towards the blue van. Matthew and Emily shrugged, then helped Lee get across the street. Cynthia and Clementine ran across, making it to the grassy section with the blue van. The three made it to the blue van finally, where Sandra stood with a piece of paper in her hand. "It says that the person who used to own this van went out into the street and killed them self. Whoever the guy was didn't want his suicide to go to waste, so he left the keys with the note." Sandra passed Matthew the note and the keys, the note to which he skimmed over then stuffed in his pocket. Emily walked over and grabbed the keys, allowing Lee to rest against the car, and Matthew relief from driving. "Thanks. I'm not sure I could've drove anymore after what's happened tonight."

"Don't mention it." Emily smiled, then jumped into the driver's seat and started up the van. Matthew knelt down to see the two girls. "You guys okay?"

Cynthia replied first. "Yeah. That man tried to grab me, but you saved me." She smiled, and Matthew returned the gesture. "Yeah, I did Cee." Clementine responded next. "I got scared. I thought it was going to bite her. Sandra wouldn't help either. She hasn't helped me much at all. She's just been calling people, and when I asked if she could help me make food she told me to do it myself."

Mathew frowned. This was some new information. His gaze went towards Sandra, who was now stepping into the very backseat of the van. "I'll keep that in mind." He patted Clementine's shoulder, then ruffled Cynthia's hair, and walked back to the van. Lee, Cynthia, and Clementine got into the back of the van, and Matthew into the passenger's seat. "We going?"

"Yeah. Let's go."

The van soon was brought down a dirt road, pulling to a stop to what appeared to be an old farm. "Should we stop here? Or should we keep on going?" Emily asked, and Matthew turned his head back to the now asleep survivors.

[Stay here at the farm, it looks nice.] or [No, we need to keep going.]

• [Stay here at the farm, it looks nice.]

Episode 1: A New Day Chapter 1: Down The Rabbit Hole 2/12 ( ! ) You chose to leave now. "I think we need to leave now, like the new

Episode 1: A New Day Chapter 1: Down The Rabbit Hole 2/12 ( ! ) You chose to leave now. "I think we need to leave now, like the new

• [Stay here at the farm] and meet the moustache man there!

• Voting is closed! They will Stay here at the farm.

• edited July 2014
    Episode 1: A New Day

Chapter 1: Down the Rabbit Hole 3/12

**(!) You chose to stay at the farm.**

"We should stay here at the farm. It looks nice."

Emily nodded, and the blue van drove into the farm. The vehicle parked at the end of the roleplay, and Matthew woke the others in the back up. They all stepped outside, looking towards the old farm house. The group began walking up to the house, Lee walking beside Matthew. "Are you sure this is safe?"

"Yeah. I don't see any cars anywhere, or any signs of people, so this place was probably abandoned."

Matthew doubted those words, but maybe whoever was here would be kind enough to take them in. He walked up to the door, and knocked on it loudly. "Hello? Is anybody home?" Five minutes of knocking later, nobody showed up, so Matthew grabbed the door knob and opened it. Surprisingly unlocked. "Hello? I'm coming in! I don't want any trouble." Him and Lee stepped inside, distracted by the old farm house's many antiques and other accessories. In the hallway were stairs leading to what were bedrooms, according to a wooden sigh hanging from a nail in the wall. Matthew stepped into the living room, and Lee followed behind. "Look at that TV. Whoever was here must've been really...what's the word?" Lee asked, looking at a 60s TV, rubbing his hand across he dust on it. "Nostalgic?" Matthew replied, picking up a case with flowers decorated in it.

"Nostalgic."

"Shit." A cry was heard from upstairs, and Lee and Matthew looked behind them. "What the hell was that?" Matthew asked, and Lee shook his head. "We should head up there. Get the shotgun ready."

"Yeah, I got it."

Matthew walked to the stairs, and began heading up, his shotgun ready and loaded, finger on the trigger. Getting up the stairs, he looked down the hallway and noticed one of the doors open. He ran towards it, then pointed the gun inside. "Holy shit! Don't shoot!" A man with a mustache and a trucker hat yelled, and held his hands up. "Hey! Why didn't you answer us when we knocked!"

"I thought you were the owners, and I didn't want to get in trouble with the cops."

"You're not the owner?"

"No! I came in here to check it out with my wife and son, and told them to hide out in the barn while I checked it out. It was safe, but then I found this."

The man pointed to the side of the room, and Matthew peered in to see a bloodied body, hung from a rope by his arms and legs. It was a man in a business suit, his tie having been ripped off and one of his eyes punctured and broken. "Jesus." Matthew stepped out from the room. He had been a surgeon, but the idea of someone doing this to another person was just sick. The man stepped out behind him. "I'm Kenny, by the way."

"Matthew. That's Lee downstairs, and the rest of our group is outside. We'll introduce you to them once we get outside."

Kenny looked back into the room and shook his head. "Whoever did this is a fucking nutjob. We should get the hell out of here. Me and my family were headed for Macon."

"Sure. And yeah, should we call the cops?"

"The cops seem occupied with other things at the current moment."

"Yeah, I guess they are." The two walked down the stairs to find Lee sitting on the couch in the living room. "I'm Kenny. My family is just outside." Lee nodded, and held a hand out, which Kenny shook. "Nice to meet you. What were you two talking about up there?"

"Whoever lives here is crazy. They've got a body hanging from the ceiling." Matthew told Lee, who's face suddenly grew sickened.

"Jesus Christ."

"The complete opposite, actually." Kenny replied, when suddenly bright lights shown through the windows and past Lee's head. "Oh shit! That's a truck!"

"Get upstairs! Hide!"

The three rushed upstairs, as whoever was in the truck started a beeline for the door. Lee ran into what looked like a bathroom, and Matthew and Kenny rushed into the bedroom with the dead body. "Get behind the bed!" Matthew rolled under the bed, and Kenny crouched down beside of it. They heard the door creak open, and then a man yelling. "I know you're fucking in here! I saw your van, and then that truck parked behind the house! Come the fuck out!" The sound of a pistol loading was heard, and then someone frantically searching through the bottom floor. When the sound quieted, the creaking of the steps was heard.

"We're fucked." Kenny whispered to Matthew, who waved his hand in a 'Shut up!' motion.

Then a scream echoed throughout the backyard. "There you fucking are!" The man was heard running down the stairs, and Kenny looked out the window. "What's happening? Who screamed?" Matthew asked, and Kenny shook his head. "There's a girl. And it looks like she has a...a bear trap on her leg. Jesus!"

Matthew lay there for a minute, contemplating about what to do. Should he distract the man but give himself and Kenny away, or let Sandra get captured?

**[Distract the man]** or **[Stay quiet]**
  • [Distract the man]

Episode 1: A New Day Chapter 1: Down the Rabbit Hole 3/12 **(!) You chose to stay at the farm.** "We should stay here at t

• [Distract the man]

Episode 1: A New Day Chapter 1: Down the Rabbit Hole 3/12 **(!) You chose to stay at the farm.** "We should stay here at t

• [Distract the man]

• [Distract the man]

• Voting is closed! Matthew will Distract the man.

Chapter 1: Down the Rabbit Hole 4/13

(!) You chose to distract the man.

Matthew held his shotgun and looked down at it, frowning. He couldn't let Sandra get caught by that shithead psycho. He didn't want to think about what would happen if she was. He shook his head, then banged on the floor of the room with his shotgun. "Huh? Looks like I have more important things to work on." Another quip echoed from downstairs, and Matthew picked the shotgun in his hand. Footsteps were heard downstairs, the steps creaking with every foot coming down on them. Matthew checked the shotgun for shells, and managed to load one shell in when bullets started firing from the door, followed laughing. "Come on you sunuvabitch! Come and get me!" The door swung open, and Matthew fired. Bullets flew into the door, as the man firing at them stepped back before the shotgun shell's could go into his chest. "Shit!" The man fired back into the room, and Kenny fell over, a stray bullet hitting his leg. "Oh, fuck man! Just...fuck!" He cried out, holding his leg, curled into a ball.

The man stopped firing, and the sound of a pistol loading was heard. Matthew ran around the corner and rushed the man, holding the shotgun sideways and pushing into him. The man held back but was pushed up against the wall. His pistol was flung to the ground, hitting the wood with a clack. Matthew continued pushing, but was then thrown off by the man taking one hand off of the shotgun, and reaching on to his side, feeling around. "Fucker!" He yelled, and pulled a pocketknife from his side, stabbing at Matthew, who jumped away from the shotgun at the last moment. It was slung to the ground too, and the man looked at Matthew with wild eyes, his knife still in his hand, held up high. The man swung, and Matthew jumped back towards the door. The man swung again, and Matthew sidestepped to the side. After a few more swings, the two had basically swapped positions, and then the man swung again. But he didn't rush out towards him. The man was juking Matthew out, just barely moving to get him to sidestep. Before Matthew had the chance to understand what was going on, the insane man lunged out, pushing the knife deep into Matthew's arm. "Argh! Fuck!" Matthew cried out, struggling to get away. The man smiled crazily, and began twisting the knife in his arm.

Matthew punched the man in the gut, releasing the knife from his arm. Matthew fell against the wall, grabbing the spot where his wound was. The other man recovered from his shock, and looked at Matthew again. "You thought you could get away, asshole? Think you could be a little hero, and save your friend? That's not how it works, fucker. You don't save your friends, you get cut up into little, tiny, pie-"

The man's rant was cut short by a shot ringing out, and blood firing out of the man's skull. Matthew looked over and saw Lee, with the pistol held up and smoke flying from the barrel. "Th-thanks." Matthew shakily said, as Lee helped him up off of the wall. "No need to mention it. Consider it a favor returned." The two walked into the room with the wounded Kenny, and helped him up. Lee made a disgusted face at the body, and then the three began walking downstairs. "We should probably get out of here. It's not good for everyone to be in some psychos's home." Lee eventually said, and Matthew nodded. "Yeah, that sound ideal. Let's grab the shotgun and pistol. Maybe the knife too."

"Whatever the fuck works, let's just get the...Jesus, fuck...fuck out of here." Kenny painfully said, and watched as Matthew and Lee set him down on the couch and walked upstairs to grab the weapons. When they got back down, they saw Kenny, hunched up behind the couch. "Get the fuck down!" He whispered, and Matthew and Lee did so. "What the hell is it?" Lee asked, and Kenny shook his head. "There's more of those fuckers! They're walking around the house now, but they just pulled in and are probably going to come running in here!"

Shit. Matthew crouched there on the floor, thinking about their plans. They could sneak past those guys, but the shotgun was too heavy for sneaking. They wouldn't be able to bring it. Or, they could hold down this place and keep the things they have, with the risk of them getting injured further or even dying. What could they do?

[Sneak away, but leave the shotgun] or [Hold down the house]

• Shit, I don't want to risk. I'd rather [sneak away, but leave the shotgun].

Episode 1: A New Day Chapter 1: Down the Rabbit Hole 4/13 (!) You chose to distract the man. Matthew held his shotgun and looked do

• [Sneak away, but leave the shotgun]

Episode 1: A New Day Chapter 1: Down the Rabbit Hole 4/13 (!) You chose to distract the man. Matthew held his shotgun and looked do

• Voting is closed! They will Sneak away, but leave the shotgun.

• I'm so sorry for such a long wait, I promise I'll get it out sometime tomorrow.

Chapter 1: Down The Rabbit Hole 5/12

(!) You chose to sneak out.

"I say we sneak out." Matthew said, raising up a hand. Lee shrugged, dropping the shotgun on the couch. "We can't bring that with us."

"Doesn't matter, we need to leave." Matthew replied, and the two grabbed Kenny on their shoulders, and headed out the front door. They looked around the farm, now seeing flashlights shining throughout the fields. Hopefully Emily and Cynthia were okay... The three stopped behind a pickup truck, apparently Kenny's, as he was blabbering on about it. "The...the key's are still in it. Maybe we could drive over them?"

"No chance, they'll shoot us before we even get the chance." Matthew replied, shaking his head. "Well, then what the hell do we do?!" Lee asked, raising his voice slightly. Then, a glimmering light shone over the truck, light reflecting across the windows. "Oh shit." Kenny said.

"Shut the fuck up!" Lee waved his hand in the air, to which Kenny narrowed his eyes at. He stayed silent however. Matthew looked around for something to grab, and then looked towards the grass to see a rock, which had gotten away from the gravel driveway. He picked it up and almost threw it, but was suddenly stopped by Lee asking him something. "Whoa, what are you doing with that rock?"

"I'm gonna throw it into those bushes, and distract him. High School, you know?"

Kenny mumbled something about hypocrites, and then Lee looked off to the side, rubbing the side of his head. Matthew threw the rock, and it went sailing into the bushes by the house. "Haha, you fucked! Found'ya now, this is for killing my pop!" The man's words were emotional, yet still crazed as it appeared. He was also obviously apart of the insanity serial killer, although it was unknown if the others were. They saw the man looking in the bushes, right in front of Kenny's truck. "If we get in the car, one of you can release the brake and hurt him." Kenny said, and Lee looked at Matthew. "Look man, the barn's just a little ways from here. I bet the others are hiding there. We can go help them now."

Matthew looked at the both of them, both whispering at him, egging him on to join their plan. Shit...

[Release the brakes] or [Go for the barn.]

• [Go for the barn.]

Episode 1: A New Day Chapter 1: Down The Rabbit Hole 5/12 (!) You chose to sneak out. "I say we sneak out." Matthew said, raising u

• [Go for the barn.]

Episode 1: A New Day Chapter 1: Down The Rabbit Hole 5/12 (!) You chose to sneak out. "I say we sneak out." Matthew said, raising u

• [Go for the barn.]

• [Go for the barn.]

Chapter 1: Down The Rabbit Hole 6/12

(!) You chose to go for the barn.

"I agree with Lee. We need to head for the barn." Matthew said, and Kenny looked at the truck. "Fine. But when that fucker comes back to grab us, don't come crying to me." Lee and Matthew grabbed Kenny once again, and began dragging him across the field, as the man continued searching through the bushes, apparently still dumbfounded as to how he hadn't found the killers of his father yet. He didn't seem very bright. The three finally made it to the barn, and opened the door quickly. The slipped inside into the dark room, and began looking around through the dark for any of the other survivors. "Hello?" Matthew finally asked, and then finally heard a voice. "Matthew?"

He saw Emily pop out of the darkness and hugged him. "We heard gunshots. What happened?" She asked, releasing him from her grasp. "There was this guy, and he had a gun. He shot at us, so we shot back. He ended up getting killed." Matthew explained, and Emily nodded, and then a lantern illuminated the room. Out walked another woman that Matthew hadn't seen before, and she walked towards Kenny. "Kenny, what happened out there?" She must've been Kenny's wife, and behind her must have been his son. "Matthew, Lee, this is Katjaa and Fuck. Katjaa, Duck, this is Matthew and Lee."

"Emily told us about you. You seem like good people." Katjaa said, while Duck simply smiled dumbly and waved. Soon behind them, Cynthia and Clementine ran out from a stall. "It's Sandra. She's awake again." Cynthia said, and then instantly lit up when she saw Matthew and Lee. "Dad! Lee!" She said, waving, and Clementine also lightly smiled. The group walked to the back, and then saw Sandra, lying on the ground crying. Her leg was torn up, and there was blood all over the hay. "It...it hurts so...." She stopped, cringing and making a grunting noise again, just barely holding her leg above the wound. She looked up to see Matthew and Lee, but then looked back down to her leg. "We need to find her some bandages or she'll bleed out." Katjaa said, crossing her arms. "Kenny got shot in the leg too. We can let him rest here." Matthew said, and they let Kenny sit down on the hay. "What about him? Will he bleed out?" Lee asked.

Katjaa took a look at Kenny's leg, and shook her head. "The bullet went in deep, but it didn't hit any major arteries. Kenny will be fine."

Matthew looked around the barn, seeing Dick talking to the two small girls. They seemed slightly annoyed, but they were dealing with it. Matthew then turned to Katjaa again. "Why don't we use clothes?" Katjaa once again shook her head, pointing to the already soaked pieces of shirt in the corner. "We need a permanent solution. Bandages are it."

"Well, where will we find bandages?" Emily asked, crossing her arms. "In that house is the best plan." Katjaa responded. "Are you fucking crazy? Those guys are swarming that house!" Lee exclaimed, and Katjaa shrugged. "I know, I'm sorry. But it's the only way for this girl to live."

"Well, I'm going." Matthew said, and then looked around the room. Lee and Emily looked at him. He couldn't take the children, as they're fucking children, he couldn't take the two injured, nor Katjaa as she was working on Sandra. So that left Emily and Lee. Lee's leg was getting better...And Emily was quite capable....Hmmmm...

[Take only Emily.]

[Take only Lee.]

[Take both.]

• I love how you misspelled Duck's name. Twice! First Fuck, then Dick. Ts ts ts.

Anyway, [Take only Lee.]

Episode 1: A New Day Chapter 1: Down The Rabbit Hole 6/12 (!) You chose to go for the barn. "I agree with Lee. We need to head for

• [Take only Lee.]

Episode 1: A New Day Chapter 1: Down The Rabbit Hole 6/12 (!) You chose to go for the barn. "I agree with Lee. We need to head for

• At first it was an accident, and then I just left it on because it was hilarious.

Pipas posted: »

I love how you misspelled Duck's name. Twice! First Fuck, then Dick. Ts ts ts. Anyway, [Take only Lee.]

• mexican music starts playing

[Take both.]

• [Take only Lee]

• Voting is closed, Matthew will [Take only Lee]

Chapter 1: Down The Rabbit Hole 7/12

(!) You chose to only take Lee.

"Come on Lee, let's go." Matthew said, as Emily raised and eyebrow and crossed her arms. She said nothing, but it was obvious she was a tad bit annoyed, having been forced to do nothing to help.

(!) Emily will remember that.

Matthew and Lee headed out, Matthew grabbing the pistol, and Lee the knife. They ran up beside the house, now hiding behind a bale of hay. "Okay, so what's the plan?" Lee asked, and Matthew looked around. "We take them out." Matthew said, and then peered around the corner of the house when they heard the sound of a door. A slightly pudgy African-American man stepped out, along with a woman who appeared to be around nineteen stepped out. She had bright red hair, and a ball cap on top of her head, along with a brown jacket. The man had dreadlocks all over his head, and was sporting a green sweater. Everyone else was prepared for the cold, dammit Emily. Matthew smiled to himself then turned to Lee. "Can't believe I just said that. Take them out. It sounds crazy. Anyways, there's a man and a woman out there. They aren't armed. I think I can scare them into letting us inside."

Lee nodded, and pulled out his knife. "Alright. Let's do this." The two ran out and Matthew pulled a gun on the two, and they suddenly back up. "Oh shit man. Please don't do this." The man with the dreadlocks said, and the woman backed up. "Duane, you're not helping things!" The woman said, speaking with a Southern accent. The two backed up slowly, with their hands held up. "Look man, we saw what that crazy fucker was doing. We are not apart of that. We jumped in the truck with his son, and then we came inside and saw that guy hanging from the ropes."

Matthew and Lee looked at each other, doing double takes. "You trust these guys?" Lee asked.

[Yeah, they seem trustworthy.] or [Fuck'em.]

(I'm so sorry for such a short part, I just got struck on a writer's block. :S)

Sign in to comment in this discussion.