Sam And Max on the WII: subtitles Sam very bad on the WII

edited April 2009 in Sam & Max
Hi Everyone

I am from Holland and i just got sam and Max season one on the WII. You cant get it in many stores. The only store that got the game was Mediamarkt.
First of all I want to say its a great game.
But there is one thing i dont like. And that are the subtitles. They are only in English. Good thing my english is good. But on the Wii i cant read the subtitles very well of Sam because its blue. And there is nowhere a option where i can change it. Thats a big part that Telletale games should change in the next upcoming seasons.
I dunno how the dvd game is like. Is the pc version better with the subtitles?
greetingsIf it is i will get the next season on the pc.

Bea

Comments

• EmilyEmily Telltale Alumni
    edited January 2009
    Hi Bea,

Sorry to hear about the problems. :( Sam & Max Wii is localized in English, French, Spanish, and Italian (with a German version coming out soon). The language is set based on your Wii's language settings, so if you wanted to see the subtitles in a different language you'd have to change that setting. (And since Dutch isn't one of the options, I'm not sure that would even help you.)

Thanks for the feedback on Sam's blue subtitles - that's a good point!

The PC version is pretty much the same, when it comes to the subtitles. We have done some additional languages on PC but I'm pretty sure we never translated the game into Dutch.
  • edited January 2009
    Very few games are translated in Dutch because a lot of people here speak English (thanks to films and cartoons not being dubbed over here :) )
  • edited January 2009
    Even though the subtitles use the same font and colour in both platforms, I think the higher resolution the PC version offers could be very helpful (that, and well, being closer to the screen). I suggest trying the demo/free episode to find out :P
    edited January 2009
    Junaid wrote: »
    Very few games are translated in Dutch because a lot of people here speak English (thanks to films and cartoons not being dubbed over here :) )

That was my impression. I remember when Bone came out in the Netherlands the packaging was translated but the game itself was in English - I asked a Dutch friend about it and he said that's pretty common.
  • edited April 2009
    Hello !

I'm from France. I've already played Sam & Max on PC and I just get the Wii version... I'm a little disapointed because there is many problems with the french speaches : the lasts words are often missing ! I have set the Wii in Enlish language to play Sam & Max in English and everything is ok with the English speaches.
    I hope it will not be the same problem with the french version of season 2...
    edited April 2009
    This issue is something we've been working on and hopefully it won't be a problem in Season Two.
  • edited April 2009
    Slasher wrote: »
    Hello !

I'm from France. I've already played Sam & Max on PC and I just get the Wii version... I'm a little disapointed because there is many problems with the french speaches : the lasts words are often missing ! I have set the Wii in Enlish language to play Sam & Max in English and everything is ok with the English speaches.
    I hope it will not be the same problem with the french version of season 2...

Not always. I had a fair few skips of the last word, and I played through all 6 Episodes in English.
Sign in to comment in this discussion.