Problems with SBCG4AP eps 2 and 4...so far

edited January 2009 in Game Support
Near the end of Strong Badia the Free, my screen goes blank, says, No Signal", and then crashes. This also happens every time at the very beginning of Dangeresque 3. What do I do? Get a refund? Get another set of games? This has really been bugging me...
Please Help,
WAYFan
PS: I already emailed you.
PPS: My email provider does NOT HAVE a spam folder.

Comments

• WillWill Telltale Alumni
    edited January 2009
    That's strange because we definitely emailed in return. At any rate:

Subject: Re: Problems With SBCG4APs 2 and 4...so far
    Date: January 23, 2009 3:34 pm

Hey WAYFan,
    Is this always happening at the exact same point? Or is it more of a "sometime after 2 or 3 minutes of playing" kind of thing? Also, what resolution are you playing the game in and are you on a laptop?

My first suggestion is to try updating your DirectX: http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyID=2da43d38-db71-4c1b-bc6a-9b6652cd92a3
    and your graphics drivers. You can also try redownloading the episodes and reinstalling them, but the fact that it is happening in two different episodes leads me to believe it isn't an installation problem. Hope that helps, but if it doesn't or if you have any questions, please don't hesitate to let us know.

Sincerely,

Telltale Support
  • edited January 2009
    Thanks, Will. Well, I'm playing on a Windows XP desktop with 800 by 600 graphic display. Yes, it's always happening at the exact same points. I've tried, like, three different times just to check and it's a real pain in the @$$ because my computer takes half an hour just to boot up again.:mad:

Installing DirectX might be a good idea but I'll wait for your response first. Thanks again!
    edited January 2009
    Yeah, I would definitely try updating your directX. Do you know what type of graphics card you have? If you aren't sure, go to Start-> Run and then type in DxDiag and hit enter. It should bring up a tool that will think for a minute as it figures out your hardware. After it's done, go to the Display tab and see what the device name is. Thanks!
    edited January 2009
    I would also try redownloading the and reinstalling the games if you haven't yet.
  • edited January 2009
    Uh, well, I just checked the DxDiag thingy and it tells me that I have a "NVIDIA GeForce4 MX Integrated GPU". Don't know what that means, but hope it helps.
    edited January 2009
    Unfortunately it means your graphics card is pretty old, and is just barely on the cusp of being able to play our games. All hope isn't lost yet though. Download the latest drivers for your video card here. Hopefully that will help a bit. But definitely make sure you have no programs running in the background when you try to play the game.
  • edited January 2009
    Thanks, Will. Both games work now. SO EXCITED!
This discussion has been closed.