PC Gamer votes Sam & Max Season 2 "Best Adventure Game of 2008"

edited January 2009 in Sam & Max
The March 2009 issue of PC Gamer is out, featuring the best games of 2008 in 10 categories. The winner for Best Adventure Game is Sam & Max Season 2.

Yeah, I guess that's nothing you couldn't get from reading the title. And I guess there wasn't exactly a lot of competition. But there it is.

Comments

• edited January 2009
    That's surprising considering how all the PC Gamer things I've seen about Sam & Max have been rather cruel.
  • JakeJake Telltale Alumni
    edited January 2009
    PCG UK is generally ... a little less into ... Sam & Max than PCG US, which is occasionally pretty favorable. I think this is the second year we've won an award from them, in fact!
  • edited January 2009
    I think it deserved to win a lot more awards for writing. I don't think there is another game that comes anywear near Sam and max's humour... consistent laughs throughout the entire season
  • edited January 2009
    I work in a games shop in the UK and we've had only 2 copies of S&M in since I've worked there last April and I've only been able to sell one, stupid people prefer stuff like Fifa and Halo.
  • EmilyEmily Telltale Alumni
    edited January 2009
    Jake wrote: »
    PCG UK is generally ... a little less into ... Sam & Max than PCG US, which is occasionally pretty favorable. I think this is the second year we've won an award from them, in fact!

Yep, Abe Lincoln Must Die was voted Adventure Game of the Year last year. PC Gamer US also gave two Season Two episodes (ep4 and ep5) their Editor's Choice award.
  • edited January 2009
    Hero1 wrote: »
    I think it deserved to win a lot more awards for writing. I don't think there is another game that comes anywear near Sam and max's humour... consistent laughs throughout the entire season

Yes, exactly. I'm actually surprised that someone is able to dislike these games. Not liking, OK, may not be everyone's cup of tea. But a journalist should know better than downscoring a game based on just that...
Sign in to comment in this discussion.