Failure to Start - Please HELP

I'll apologize to the admin beforehand but I'm writing this as a new discussion because none of advice I read in the forum was helping. I have both seasons 1 & 2 of the walking dead and upon launching season one I am prompted to enter my login info. After doing so, the title "The Walking Dead" is displayed along with the ambient sounds of the menu. It stops on that screen. I once allowed two hours to see if it would progress and it remained on that screen. When I launch season two, it opens a black screen and crashes. I have attempted to uninstall and have tried the application I read of in a discussion that supposedly fixes common bugs. If anyone has any suggestions, please help!

Comments

• TelltaleMikeTelltaleMike Former Telltale Staff

I apologize for the inconvenience, please read this Sticky on how to run our Support Tool, and follow the steps to run the tool, and reply here with the download link copied and pasted into a reply. You can find the Sticky here:

http://www.telltalegames.com/community/discussion/44150/twd-support-tool-for-information-gathering

After receiving the information from your support tool, I will be able to assist you further.

• edited August 2014

Hopefully, this was executed correctly. Thank you for your time.

https://www.sendspace.com/file/bme7f3

I apologize for the inconvenience, please read this Sticky on how to run our Support Tool, and follow the steps to run the tool, and reply h

After looking over your Support Tool information, it seems that your computer is running below the minimum system requirements to run the game successfully. Where we require a minimum of 512mb of dedicated memory, your computer is currently running at 32mb of dedicated memory. Your computer uses an integrated Intel graphics card, which we do not recommend using for our game, as they tend to run under minimum specs. I recommend either trying to update your current graphics card's drivers to the latest version, and see if you are able to play, or try playing the game on a computer above minimum system requirements if you have the ability to.

G4V-IN posted: »

Hopefully, this was executed correctly. Thank you for your time. https://www.sendspace.com/file/bme7f3

• Any suggestions? What would you recommend? It worked fine before.

Please try switching it to Windowed Mode using the PC shortcut (Alt+Enter) and see if the screen progresses to the main menu. If you are still unable to get past that screen, please also try disabling any anti-virus or internet firewall programs open and running that may be blocking the game's communication with our servers in order to connect and download any updates necessary for the game.

Any suggestions? What would you recommend? It worked fine before.

• There was still no progression. Thank you for the help though.

This may be an issue with your registry. To correct this, please open a command window (Below are instructions on how to open a command window):

Windows XP: Go to your start menu and click on run. Type in "cmd" and press enter

Windows Vista / 7: Press the Windows key. Type in "cmd" and press enter

Windows 8: At the start screen, type in "cmd" and press enter

Then copy the command line below and paste it into the command window, press enter, and confirm the question (to confirm the question, type “y” and press enter):

REG DELETE "HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Telltale Games\Launcher”

(Please make sure when you copy the above text that you do not copy a space before or after the text, as that will produce an error message. If you still receive an error after inputting the command line, please try typing in the command line one letter/symbol at a time into the Command prompt)

Also please make sure your password ONLY contains a-z, A-Z, and 0-9 and no other characters. If you have an " or \ or any non-ASCII characters in your password, please login to your account on our website and change your password.

Also, please make sure you are using the correct username/email and password. You can verify this information by logging into your account on our website. Please also note that your login credentials are case sensitive.

Please then try launching The Walking Dead again, with your anti-virus and internet firewall programs disabled again.

There was still no progression. Thank you for the help though.

This discussion has been closed.