Marriage... *Spoilers from 205!*

edited March 2009 in Sam & Max
This is something that's starting to bug/frighten/amuse me. Max caught the bouquet at the end of 205. Well, unless I'm mistaken, there's a superstition that the person who catches the bouquet will be the next one to get married. You don't think this might be a plot for Season 3, do you? I know it's hard to picture, but, Max getting married...?
Anyway, I just thought I'd bring that up. Discuss, my minions!

Comments

• edited February 2009
    Damnit, This one had to attract the attention of someone like ME Didn't it...
    Max's Female counterpart?
  • edited February 2009
    Max's Female counterpart?

You mean Ms. Bosco? She's dead. XD
  • edited February 2009
    ...You sicken me to a degree, What I mean is... *Shudders* MAXINE! *Dramatic Music*
  • edited February 2009
    ...You sicken me to a degree, What I mean is... *Shudders* MAXINE! *Dramatic Music*

OHHH, from the letter. Yes, I see what you mean. It's an interesting theory. I was wondering about that "Maxine" thing when I played 204. They had to put it there for a reason, right? That probably means that Season 3 will involve more screwing with the timeline. YAY! :D
  • edited February 2009
    Actually, I was just choosing the name Maxine for a female Max, but... THEY WERE DOING SOMETHING LIKE THIS ALREADY!?
  • edited February 2009
    If you play 204 again, and you read the letter that you need to solve the case, the beginning of the letter said, "To my Dearest Maxine..." and Max said, "The president's wife wasn't named Maxine!"
  • edited February 2009
    Actually, I think they were just referencing the fact that the president clearly was cheating on his wife and needed a female name. Then again, what fun would that make a thread like this?
  • edited February 2009
    Maxilyah wrote: »
    I was wondering about that "Maxine" thing when I played 204. They had to put it there for a reason, right? That probably means that Season 3 will involve more screwing with the timeline. YAY! :D
    According to the commentary for that episode, Max was going to dress up as Maxine La Pew, or whatever her name was, and kiss his younger self to make himself like girls, but they didn't end up doing that. I guess that means she's a rabbity thing?

About the marriage thing, it'd be hard for Max to get married since he doesn't like girls. I know they changed that in 204, but it wore off. Max mentions that if you talk to him in Bosco's after breaking up with Bosco's mother. Sam seems to like girls, though. It'd be nice if something good happened to him for a change. Max has kind of been monopolising the good things things. Max gets to be president and high priest of the ocean chimps, and Sam gets to... accidentally sign his soul over to Satan. And also get a recording contract and then go back in time and steal it from himself.
  • edited February 2009
    Dangit, although I knew I was going to be spoiled even more, I just had to read this up. I'm too curious. 8'D

but.. heck, Max already became a president, I guess nothing's impossible as long as Telltale team just keeps using their awesome imagination. :D

Yes, not even a marriage. I could imagine even something like Max being forced to marriage, or some random person/fan having a crush on him and wanting to marry him. I dunno. XD That would be crazy.

But.. we'll see!
  • edited February 2009
    Maybe Sam and Max get married.
    Oops, maybe I should've kept that thought to myself. XD
  • edited February 2009
    I'm going to suggest another Hyper-Kinetic rabbit thing Lagomorph is involved.
  • edited February 2009

*barfs*

Dear god!
  • edited February 2009
    They already did get married, prior to the cartoon. I wonder what that was about.

But it would be funny if they, for example, had to go somewhere only married couples could go, so one of them has to pretend to be the other's wife. I'd probably laugh and laugh.
    or some random person/fan having a crush on [Max] and wanting to marry him.
    That already happened in Season 2.
  • edited February 2009
    Shwoo wrote: »
    They already did get married, prior to the cartoon. I wonder what that was about.

But it would be funny if they, for example, had to go somewhere only married couples could go, so one of them has to pretend to be the other's wife. I'd probably laugh and laugh.

That already happened in Season 2.

I remember that part in the cartoon. I believe it was the very first episode, right? It was probably just a joke though, or they were making fun of something. If I know Sam and Max as well as I think I do, this is probably exactly what happened.

Go somewhere like in Tonight We Love, when they went to that Valentines day thing? XD
  • edited February 2009
    i thought sam and max were already married to each other. reffering to steve purcells wedding cake toper max in bridal gown and sam in tux.
  • edited February 2009

Why? Sybil's matchmaking device has confirmed them to be the perfect spouse for each other, didn't it? :D
  • edited February 2009
    Well, she didn't seem to actually have a computer there. It sounded like she was making it up. I guess she was messing with them? Or actually believed that. She also told her intercom to hold all her calls after observing that friendship is a wonderful gift when Max asks Sam to taxidermy him and use him as a hat rack. I don't know what that was about.
    Go somewhere like in Tonight We Love, when they went to that Valentines day thing? XD
    Oh yeah, I forgot about that. And yeah, the marriage was in the first episode.
    2dsgurl wrote:
    i thought sam and max were already married to each other. reffering to steve purcells wedding cake toper max in bridal gown and sam in tux.
    I think it's interesting that Max was the bride there, and the groom in the flashback in the cartoon.
  • edited February 2009
    I was going to post some kind of connection to "Maxine Le Pew" and the letter from 204, but then thought better of it. ;)
  • edited February 2009
    I'm going to suggest another Hyper-Kinetic rabbit thing Lagomorph is involved.

Some long-eared, pink-colored thing from Japanese anime, perhaps?
  • edited February 2009
    Randulf wrote: »
    Some long-eared, pink-colored thing from Japanese anime, perhaps?

The only thing that I know of that fits the description is Chaco, And the less said about her the better
  • edited February 2009
    Exactly.
  • edited February 2009
    The only thing that I know of that fits the description is Chaco, And the less said about her the better

lipstick.gif
    Chaco's Lipstick
    It has no use.
  • edited February 2009
    Here's a theory; This is all just midless speculation.

offtopic: Not only did someone else play CS, but they also got the Chaco secret? :D
  • edited February 2009
    Mindless speculation. That's why we're here.
  • edited February 2009
    Here's a theory; This is all just midless speculation.

offtopic: Not only did someone else play CS, but they also got the chace secret? :D

Cave Story's not exactly obscure.
    ...Okay, it is, but not for a freeware platformer made by some Japanese guy.
    And the lipstick I actually heard about on the internet. So yeah.
    Edit: Of course it's all mindless speculation. We're in the downtime between seasons, Telltale's working on other games, and we haven't really heard anything about Season 3 yet. There's nothing to base speculation off of.
  • edited February 2009
    Notice that after he grabs the boquet, he yells, "Denied!!!" I think he just grabbed it to spite everyone.
  • edited February 2009
    Did you guys notice that Jurgen was standing in the crowd of girls? XD
  • edited February 2009
    Did you guys notice that Jurgen was standing in the crowd of girls? XD

European stereotype I guess. Why do us European's have such dumb stereotypes?
  • edited February 2009
    European stereotype I guess. Why do us European's have such dumb stereotypes?
    It's not that he's European, it's that he's... um... fruity.
  • edited February 2009
    TrogLlama wrote: »
    It's not that he's European, it's that he's... um... fruity.

The stereotype is that Europeans ARE fruity.
  • edited February 2009
    Max even says it, "I had no idea European vampires were so...fruity." Pardon if the line is somewhat imperfect, that's from memory months' ago.
  • edited February 2009
    The stereotype is that Europeans ARE fruity.
    You sure it's not clubbers?
    'Cause I thought it was clubbers.
  • edited March 2009
    The line was:
    Max: I never knew vampires were so... fruity.
    Sam: Not all vampires, Max. Just the European ones.

But Sam and Max have slightly insular mindsets.
Sign in to comment in this discussion.