UPDATE 3.4 "The Walking Dead" Text Adventure: NOW WITH MORE EPISODES!

Comments

• Nope, it's implied that walkers eat her and her mum.

supersagig posted: »

Even when the walkers attack her? Someone shot at her?

• UPDATE: Today I did some more thinking on The Walking Dead, and I've come to the conclusion that it'll be six episodes instead of the planned five. Episode 3 felt too crowded for my ambitions as of right now, and then Episode 4 felt completely different in comparison. Take this as good news, I guess, since that means more story/time in the universe, but it also means that it'll take longer to finish the series, and Episode 3 won't be as big as I promised to be. You'll still do the things that I planned to do, but it will be spread out across parts 3 and 4 in stead of all in 3, and I personally think that it'll work better this way.

• And I'm back! Though development is STILL far away (I'm so sorry...) I did get to write a large section of a revised plan while on the plane, and I have to say, the first act of the episode will be action packed!

• edited March 2015

I think I owe you guys some more information, considering you've been left in the dark for a long while now, so here goes.

"The Walking Dead: Episode 3: On the Road" will take much more of a back seat (see what I did there?) on clichés and action, and focus much more on the effect that the zombie apocalypse will have on the people of the world.

That being said, there will still be plenty of action, so don't think you won't be getting to kill walkers and possibly more, I just meant that the core of this episode is more set on making choices that focus on people's lives. Hell, the whole opening section is proabably the longest action scene I've made to date.

But as I said before, there won't be a villain like there was in Episode 2, but you will have to stay on your toes. Episode 3 introduces several new and exciting characters. It will be up to you if you choose to trust them, or just use them as a means of your own survival. Most of the defining choices will put your trust and loyalty to the test, and will put others at risk, for the sake of keeping others safe.

I'm pretty excited to start working on this episode once Fate Of Fire Part 1 is done, and I might foresee this as being my favourite episode of The Walking Dead yet. And P.S. Expect some good twists in there too ;)

• I want you to know I LOVE your series. I first heard about it a week or two before episode one came out and I have been a fan of yours since. I treat it like the TWD games,comics and tv show. I feel as if I am one with my character and choices and I hope I can connect more with "myself" for the remaining four episodes (Still crossing my fingers for season 2). Anyways...KEEP UP THE GREAT WORK I HAVE 110% FAITH IN YOUR WORK.

p.s: Good luck on your other projects as I am looking forward to them as well.

• Thanks for the kind words, they mean quite a bit! Having my work being compared to the show, comics and game is quite the honour. I'd love to be able to make these as quick as Telltale does, but it's hard for my busy schedule, and also while juggling multiple projects. Anyways, thanks again, and I'll be posting more news soon!

I want you to know I LOVE your series. I first heard about it a week or two before episode one came out and I have been a fan of yours since

• edited May 2015

Hello all! Long time, no update!

So even though I'm still busy with my personal life, school work and Fate Of Fire, I can proudly say that I was able to get some more progress done in the planification of Episode 3 of The Walking Dead this afternoon. I actually progressed much further than I expected to, and I feel like I'm getting closer to it's conclusion. It's easily the longest Episode of The Walking Dead so far, and even bigger than any of the four parts of Fate Of Fire planned as of right now.

This Episode will be fantastic, and I'm definitely happy that I extended the series by one Episode, since my original plan for Episode 3 will be split over two Episodes, they will be much better paced, less rushed, and will give more development, as well as even more choices! Speaking of choices, there are plenty of them in Episode 3! There are many times when the whole SPOILERS Finn/Dawn choice SPOILERS will come into play to great results, and I can safely say that neither of the characters will be as easy to throw away as the likes of Doug, Nick, etc... I've also brought back determinant choices from Episode 1! To further explain, there's a huge choice somewhere near the start of the episode's second act, which there will be exclusive choices for either path, that will still leave an impact! This brings me to my teaser! There will still be more choices to add on as I head to the end of Episode 3, but here are the choice/achievement/chapter names that I've written so far for Episode 3:

Alt text

Hope this got you all a little bit excited! I'll post another little update when I finish the plan for Episode 3! Stay tuned!

• OMG OMG OMG

SivD1 posted: »

Hello all! Long time, no update! So even though I'm still busy with my personal life, school work and Fate Of Fire, I can proudly say tha

• You doing AMAZING job ;)

• Amazing!

• I know right?

Let's wait for episode 3!

It should be here Sssssoon ;)

Lehfeels posted: »

Amazing!

• Thank you very much! :D

Lehfeels posted: »

Amazing!

• o_O this is awesome!

• Thank you very much! Sorry for responding late, I didn't get a notification, weird.

If you like this, I recommend you try out the demo to Fate Of Fire, which I am currently working on the first part of! You can check it out here: http://textadventures.co.uk/games/view/poxqvcgt8kyu4jxxjkspja/fate-of-fire-episode-1-courage-without-honor-demo

o_O this is awesome!

• I'm happy to see you're still working on this :D

• And I'm happy to see you still checking up on me! Loving your new blog by the way! I'm still keeping up on your work myself! :)

HarjKS posted: »

I'm happy to see you're still working on this

• Hey there guys, I know it's been a bit, but since I was incorporating some interactivity into today's update on Fate Of Fire, I decided that I could share it here as well!

So for upcoming projects that will be out in the distant future, should I release the episodes as I currently do right now? Or try a new technique?

Let me elaborate; I currently release a new part/episode whenever I finish it, never set to a deadline or release date. Now, my idea of the new technique would be to write over half the series before even releasing the first part. For example, let's say I'm writing a five part series. Once I'm about halfway through the 4th part, I will release part 1. What are the pros to this, you may ask? Well, it would finally get rid of long waits for the next part, since I would release the episodes on a month to month basis, on a set schedule. However, this would mean that there will be a long development process before the first part of a series even releases. However, I would fill this gap with extended demos, and independent short stories (more experimental work.

Now keep in mind that this will not effect Fate Of Fire nor The Walking Dead. This will exclusively not come into play until after these series are done. For voting, Option 1 is my current release structure: one episode at a time, as soon as I finish it. Option 2 is the new release formula that I explained in the paragraph above. Please let me know what you think by voting here: http://strawpoll.me/5058980

• edited November 2015

Ignore

• Just spotted your comment. No, it isn't possible for Laura to die in Episode 2. I plan for her character to be less one dimensional in the future, that is, if I ever get back to working on this. Today is the first day that I have done any substantial work on Fate Of Fire in possibly half a year? It's pretty hard to focus and put time into a project as large and time consuming as these two are when you juggle everything else that life throws at you. Still, I have a story to tell that it seems people enjoy, so let's say we have a bit of a symbiotic relationship, and I'll try to do what I can to maintain it.

Sorry for getting back to you so late, thanks.

Ignore

• No problem, thanks for answering. ^^

Just spotted your comment. No, it isn't possible for Laura to die in Episode 2. I plan for her character to be less one dimensional in the f

• Might be back into writing something... stay tuned, give me some time to try this out and decide whether I can actually do this or it's just another fuse that'll fizzle out shortly.

Hint: Might be something Walking Dead related.

• For a moment, I thought it was news about the actual TWD S3.

• Me too....

For a moment, I thought it was news about the actual TWD S3.

• Sorry to disappoint guys.

For a moment, I thought it was news about the actual TWD S3.

• Just checking in - still loving how far you've gotten with this! :D

• edited August 2016

Just played episodes 1 and 2. That was amazing! I cant wait to see what you make in the future!

EDIT: Did not mean for that to be a reply

Just checking in - still loving how far you've gotten with this!

• Me when forced to choose between Dawn and Finn- "Wouldn't it be crazy if he kills the person I don't choose?" Chooses to kill Dawn

Me five seconds later- "GOD FUCKING DAMMIT JOSH YOU LITTLE PRICK"

• Me when forced to choose between Dawn and Finn- "Wouldn't it be crazy if he kills the person I don't choose?" Chooses to kill Dawn

• Wow, my computer is messed up...

• Thanks so much to both of you! HarjKS, you were my inspiration for this in the first place (plenty of elements from Episode 1 feel like a blatant rip off of yours). Have you been writing anything lately? I've kind of fallen behind on everything lately (been so busy). Is there any place where I can see what you've been doing lately?

Just checking in - still loving how far you've gotten with this!

• Aha, no worries. And yeah, I thought that would annoy people ;)

Wow, my computer is messed up...

• So here's a thing. After spending hours trying new things, I figured out how to slash a lot of time that was unnecessarily spent linking plot threads together. So after realizing there's an alternative to a problem that's been bothering me for the past two years, I can complete these things in a fraction of the time.

Here's the problem: Fate Of Fire, being as far in as I was, can't be added onto any further. That's okay though, I can copy and paste the exact same dialogue into a new file, that will run better and work faster.

This poll was made to give you guys a choice. I can choose to start finally finishing Fate Of Fire up (which is more than half way done already), or I could start on New World Order. NWO follows the same plot that my The Walking Dead series focused on, but is remastered. This means new characters, new choices, longer length, and improved writing/story for the first two episodes, before finally catching up and letting me start work on the long awaited Episode 3.

But that's the thing, Fate Of Fire would take less time (since it's already nearing its end) for me to write, and could possibly be out in the next couple months. If I start fresh with New World Order, I would be working on something completely new.

So you guys tell me what you want to see first, so I want to see where your interests lie (if they even still exist). Thanks guys!

http://www.strawpoll.me/10980691

• Are you still working on these?

So here's a thing. After spending hours trying new things, I figured out how to slash a lot of time that was unnecessarily spent linking plo

• He hasn't been active since september

Are you still working on these?

• I know just checking if he ever did come back for some reason or the other.

He hasn't been active since september

• I lost interest in the two projects, unfortunately. No clue if I'll take it back up again eventually.

I know just checking if he ever did come back for some reason or the other.

Sign in to comment in this discussion.