System Requirements? (Wallace & Gromit)

edited May 2009 in Game Support
Hey there. Its my first post on this site since I registered. Thanks for the free copy of Ice Station Santa. I loved it.

I was just wondering if the system requirements for Wallace and Gromit will be the same as Sam and Max or will they be slightly different?

Thanks again.

Comments

• edited March 2009
    I'm thinking a little higher, it looks a lot nicer to me. Of course I have no idea how higher the specs will be if higher at all.
  • edited March 2009
    Just realised I put it in the wrong context.

I meant to say do you think the system requirements will be the same?

Sorry.
  • edited March 2009
    They'll probably be a bit higher; there are probably some new shaders and effects that give the game its clay style that take up more power.
  • EmilyEmily Telltale Alumni
    edited March 2009
    We're increasing our recommended specs a little bit, but not drastically. If your computer plays Sam & Max well, then you probably won't have any trouble with Wallace & Gromit. What type of video card do you have, and how much memory?

Also, welcome to the site! I hope you'll stick around and chat with us. :D
  • edited March 2009
    I have a nVidia GeForce 7150M with 128Mb of dedicated Graphic Memory combined with an AMD Turion 64x2 Dual Core 1.9Ghz Processor and 2gb of ram.

Both seasons of Sam and Max work great on 800x600 with all the graphics at the minimum. They still look fantastic though.

Do you think that will be enough?

Thanks for the reply. :)
    edited March 2009
    You should be fine for Wallace & Gromit. :)
  • edited March 2009
    Thanks for the information. :)
  • edited March 2009
    Hey Telltale gang,

I'll likely pre-order W&G, but I just wanted to run my desktop system specs by you first.

AMD Athlon 64 3000+
    NVIDIA GeForce 7600 GS (512 mb vram) (AGP)
    2 GB DDR RAM
    Turtle Beach Santa Cruz sound card
    Windows XP SP3

Will this setup be able to run the games well at 1280x800 resolution? (Sam and Max and SBC4AP work great in this resolution for me on this setup.)

My sound card is aging and didn't get along with SBC4AP - but luckily I was able to get it working without hiccups by turning down acceleration using dxdiag. Hopefully it will be compatible with W&G games, but if there's an issue, I can always fiddle with dxdiag again.
  • edited March 2009
    Emily wrote: »
    You should be fine for Wallace & Gromit. :)

I just played the demo now and its fine in windowed mode with the graphic settings at 3 or 4. Can't remember which one. Fantastic demo and can't wait to play the full game next week.

Thanks Telltale! :D
    edited March 2009
    Nuroticat, you should be fine. You can find out for sure by trying the demo (click here for mirror sites).
  • edited March 2009
    Thanks Emily. Just tried the demo and it works great even at graphic level 9. No sound issues either. Pre-ordering now...
  • DjNDBDjNDB Moderator
    edited March 2009
    Nuroticat wrote: »
    Hey Telltale gang,

I'll likely pre-order W&G, but I just wanted to run my desktop system specs by you first.

AMD Athlon 64 3000+
    NVIDIA GeForce 7600 GS (512 mb vram) (AGP)
    2 GB DDR RAM
    Turtle Beach Santa Cruz sound card
    Windows XP SP3

Will this setup be able to run the games well at 1280x800 resolution? (Sam and Max and SBC4AP work great in this resolution for me on this setup.)
    Nuroticat wrote: »
    Thanks Emily. Just tried the demo and it works great even at graphic level 9. No sound issues either. Pre-ordering now...

This is really odd. On My System that Setting is really bad, although i guess it should perform better.

First of all, the mouse lags, no matter what resolution. It get's worse the higher the settings i use are.

I tested quite a bit:
    960x600 Q9 - The highest resolution Quality 9 runs smoothly
    1440x900 Q1-Q3 - ok
    1440x900 Q4+ - crappy animation
    1920x1200 Q1-Q3 - ok
    1920x1200 Q4+ - crappy animation

My System:
    AMD Phenom II X4 940
    Nvidia 7600GT (i know, but it worked fine for Sam&Max up to 1920x1200)
    8GB DDR2-1066
    Windows Vista 32 bit
    Dell 2407WFP (Therefore 1920x1200 natively)

I guess i will play the demo in 1920x1200 Q3 to test how the game itself is, but i really hope i don't need a different GPU to get Q9 running in full or at least a decent resolution. I am not much of a gamer, therefore i like my system energy efficient, and silent. In fact Sam&Max is the only game (series) i play on a regular basis.
    edited March 2009
    DjNDB, if you turn the graphics quality down a bit, the mouse lag will probably go away.
  • DjNDBDjNDB Moderator
    edited March 2009
    Emily wrote: »
    DjNDB, if you turn the graphics quality down a bit, the mouse lag will probably go away.

Thanks, but i even tried 800x600 Quality 1 already. Although i have to say, that i am very sensitive when it comes to timing. It's probably just between 50-100 ms, but it feels strange compared to the usual responsiveness.

However, I played through it in 1920x1200 Q3 and after a while I forgot about it. Promising game btw :-)
  • edited March 2009
    I have to second that feeling.

Even with the quality down to one and the resolution at 800x600 it is noticeably lagging (think poorly buffered video for a mental image) and seems to be crashing intermittently during start up.

My comp is pretty low spec (its a netbook after all), but it never had any major problems (graphical or otherwise) with SBCG4AP or Sam and Max S1/2 save for some long load times.

It really feels as though the demands of the game are well beyond my system (and likewise, those of your previous games.)
  • MJNMJN
    edited May 2009
    Hello all,

Wallace & Gromit system requirements are 2GHz. I just played the demo on my 1.6GHz Athlon laptop. It worked once I lowered the graphics level from 9 to 6. Can I expect the real game to run roughly as well, or will it get more graphics-hungry later? And if it does, will I still be able to play it by lowering the graphics lever further?

(And be gentle with me, this is my *first* post ever to any forum. You see, I grew up with the dinosaurs - I have even programmed one, a Burroughs B6700 it was...)
  • edited May 2009
    @MJN When you get the full game you might want to lower it a little just to be safe but it should run.
  • edited May 2009
    Does Wallace and Gromit work with Windows 2000? Has anyone tested?
  • WillWill Telltale Alumni
    edited May 2009
    We do not officially support Win2k. I would be a little surprised if it worked without any problems.
This discussion has been closed.