When's Series Two out on Wii, then?

edited July 2009 in Sam & Max
Just wondering, since my PC is terrible and I'm having to wait for Wii Realises, but Wikipedia states it's November, whilst the old Press Realise says it's July. I want it to be tommorow.

Can some say for sure, or is it just gonig to be 'No Comment'?

Comments

• edited March 2009
    Really, there has been tons speculations of the release date all over the internet, and all of them have been false, so the simplest thing to do now is just wait.. I'm sure Telltale will give us official news about the S2 release dates as soon as they have them. :)

Trust me. I've done so much speculating myself that I've finally decided to give up on that and just wait. :p
  • edited March 2009
    Fair enough, I guess. Bah, just make it soon! And don't delay it four whole months in Europe!
  • I really want a Season 2 for Wii, as well.

I bought season 1 on Wii, and it was AWESOME.

My PC barely is capable of playing the free Ice Station Santa I got.... It crashes all the time with W&G. =[

Plus, it's too full of memory and whatnot (Portal takes up a heck of a lot of space. o.O, even the demo.)

So anyways, Season 2 for Wii would be MUCH appreciated, as soon as possible! =]
  • edited March 2009
    I really want a Season 2 for Wii, as well.

I bought season 1 on Wii, and it was AWESOME.

My PC barely is capable of playing the free Ice Station Santa I got.... It crashes all the time with W&G. =[

Plus, it's too full of memory and whatnot (Portal takes up a heck of a lot of space. o.O, even the demo.)

So anyways, Season 2 for Wii would be MUCH appreciated, as soon as possible! =]

Ahh, that sucks! D:

I got Season 1 for Wii of the same reason. Well, because I THOUGHT my old computer wouldn't bear up with any new games anymore. Looks like it still runs new Sam & Max games just fine though, so.. I'm just waiting the PC version that probably gets released alongside the Wii one. :)

(..but, if such thing were to happen that the Wii version came before the PC one, I'd probably end up picking the game for Wii instead. :p I'm that impatient. )
  • edited March 2009
    Just out of curiosoty, is Season 2 going to be released on both Wii and PC retail-wise?
  • edited March 2009
    Daxxglax wrote: »
    Just out of curiosoty, is Season 2 going to be released on both Wii and PC retail-wise?

Yes, Telltale has announced that PC and Wii versions of Season 2 will be published by Atari sometime this year under the new title.

As long as we're asking questions, I was curious if the retail releases of Season 1 by Dreamcatcher are going to be replaced by Atari-published re-releases or if it's just going to go out-of-print altogether? Sam & Max Season 1 alongside Sam & Max Beyond Time and Space would be odd-looking on a store shelf.
  • Udvarnoky wrote: »
    Yes, Telltale has announced that PC and Wii versions of Season 2 will be published by Atari sometime this year under the new title.

As long as we're asking questions, I was curious if the retail releases of Season 1 by Dreamcatcher are going to be replaced by Atari-published re-releases or if it's just going to go out-of-print altogether? Sam & Max Season 1 alongside Sam & Max Beyond Time and Space would be odd-looking on a store shelf.
    I agree, might as well pull Sam and Max Season 1 off the shelves and replace with Save the World. Hey, than these old Season 1 Wii things will be rare collectibles.

Than again, it isn't really necessary to do that. Sure it would look a bit odd, but they could always name it Sam & Max: Season 2: Beyond Time & Space! Then it wouldn't look so funky so long as it had "Season 2" in its name.
  • edited March 2009
    I agree, might as well pull Sam and Max Season 1 off the shelves and replace with Save the World. Hey, than these old Season 1 Wii things will be rare collectibles.

Than again, it isn't really necessary to do that. Sure it would look a bit odd, but they could always name it Sam & Max: Season 2: Beyond Time & Space! Then it wouldn't look so funky so long as it had "Season 2" in its name.
    There's a tiny "Season Two" in the picture for Time and Space, actually.
  • edited March 2009

Hey, that's not a bad idea! :D I would love to be the one with rare first versions, for once. ;). *has both Wii and PC retail versions of Season One*

But true, there is small "Season Two" printed in the very top of the box, anyway. So it's possible that the re-releases won't happen, at least in a good while.
  • EmilyEmily Telltale Alumni
    edited April 2009
    As far as I'm aware, there aren't any plans to reissue Season One with the Save the World subtitle for PC and Wii. It will appear with that title on XBLA, though.

Sam & Max Season Two Beyond Time and Space is still being worked on for PC and Wii, and will be coming to retail in the nearish future. When we know the date, we'll holler it!
  • edited April 2009
    Emily wrote: »
    Sam & Max Season Two Beyond Time and Space is still being worked on for PC and Wii, and will be coming to retail in the nearish future.

I went ahead and fixed that up for you, Emily. ;)
  • edited April 2009
    I'd rather they take their time and release it without bugs.. If they do it should be one of the best reviewed wii titles.. And with ataris distribution we may actually see it in stores
  • ArtArt
    edited April 2009
    KNTR wrote: »
    Just wondering, since my PC is terrible and I'm having to wait for Wii Realises, but Wikipedia states it's November, whilst the old Press Realise says it's July. I want it to be tommorow.

Can some say for sure, or is it just gonig to be 'No Comment'?

Me too.;) just wait.
  • edited June 2009
    It's coming this Fall!

They haven't specified a date, nor have they confirmed a retail version. However, if things go as expected. Fall of 2009. Watch for it.
  • edited June 2009
    Will there be any Nintendo Channel trailers to *ahem*"give us a hint;)" on the release date soon.
  • edited June 2009
    Hey Telltale,
    Thanks for bringing Monkey Island to WiiWare! Can we still expect Sam and Max Season Two on Wii?
  • edited June 2009
    Hey Telltale,
    Thanks for bringing Monkey Island to WiiWare! Can we still expect Sam and Max Season Two on Wii?

I am still thinking it's for wii. They are just talking about the xbox version because it has new controls, achievements, maybe themes and gamerpics for at least one of the seasons where the wii has the same thing as the PC with the wiimote as the mouse, but don't worry, it's still for wii. I think.
  • edited July 2009
    So when is it coming out already?!?!??!?!?!?!?!?!??!?!?!??!??!?!??!?!/1/1/1/1/1/1/1/1/1/1/1
  • edited July 2009
    *waves her hands* I'm also waiting some news about this! :D I'm dying to get my hands on season 2 already!

..I hope it will still happen sometime around this summer/autumn? :o
  • edited July 2009
    um... it's out over here in the uk in less than a month. Does that mean that us brits will actually get sam and max 2 for the wii before the US? :D (i know, it's not a competition :p )
  • edited July 2009
    it's not a competition

says you. I will not lose! I will get a copy first...if I have to write the code by hand!!!
  • edited July 2009
    Certain UK retailers have it listed for release on 31/07/09, can anyone at Telltale confirm whether this is accurate, or probable/not probable?
  • edited July 2009
    i pre order it and it saed coming july 31 2009
  • edited July 2009
    me too, I have it preordered for the 31st. not getting any hopes up, clearly a date plucked from the air so that mugs like us part with our cash
Sign in to comment in this discussion.