SBCG4AP blue screens when I change resolutions.

I've gone through a lot of the other similar threads in this forum and have followed the suggested instructions. My video card drivers are the most recent as is my directx, and the game still gives me the blue screen of death every time I switch my resolution setting higher than the lowest available. Is there ANYTHING that I can do about this?

Comments

• edited March 2009
    What version of Windows do you have? What sort of video card/chip? What version of the drivers are you using? I'm sure Telltale's people would ask the same thing, as if they're going to help you they're going to need details...
  • edited March 2009
    I have Windows Xp service pack 3 with an Nvidia Geforce 8400 Gs graphics card and I'm using the latest drivers (182.08) available for the card.
  • edited March 2009
    And now apparently the game blue screens during gameplay as well. I tried to go to the King of Town's castle and it blue screened. I'm worried that I won't be able to play at all now.
  • WillWill Telltale Alumni
    edited March 2009
    It may be that your system is overheating. Are all of your fans working properly?
  • edited March 2009
    Yes, they are. I played Sam and Max season one episode six in its entirety in one sitting and had no problems. I've also played more graphically intense games and had no problems.
  • WillWill Telltale Alumni
    edited March 2009
    Hmmm, could you try using Omega's version of the drivers? They tend to be more reliable than ATI's own drivers, believe it or not. http://www.omegadrivers.net/omega_drivers.php
  • edited March 2009
    Holy mogwai climbing a piece of beef jerkey dipped in platinum, it works perfectly on the highest resolution without a single problem! Thank you very much!
  • [TTG] Yare[TTG] Yare Telltale Alumni
    edited March 2009
    For what it's worth, blue screens are (almost) always a driver or hardware failure.
  • edited May 2009
    Hey mine blue screens on startup I cant even play! But games like Team Fortress 2 and COD 2 work just fine on my compy! Whats wrong?
This discussion has been closed.